Old 01-25-2005, 09:03 PM   #1
bsbaxter

Default Unique Circus Train Pictures (Rejected)

Okay guys,

I got a few pics of the RB&BB circus train unloading here in Nashville this AM. Asked C. Starnes about it, he said go ahead and load'em up. The two that I loaded were rejected and I'd like to get some input from the masses on them. Here are the rejects:

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=87069
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=87070

A couple of Q's:

1) Does this type of pic (subject matter) even have a place in the database of RP.net?

2) The comments associated with each rejection were "Bad motive - By this we mean that the photo was of low esthetic qualities" and "Bad Angle / Poor Cropping" respectively. Is there anything that can be done either to these pics (particularly the first one, can't do much about the second) in photoshop or to pics I take next week when the train loads back up that would improve the quality?

I figured that due to the interesting subject matter it may be worth a shot to try and get one in.

I don't know...either way, it was cool watching them unload the trailers and some animals too.

Thanks,

Brandon
bsbaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:45 PM   #2
Ween

Quote:
1) Does this type of pic (subject matter) even have a place in the database of RP.net?
That's iffy. It is technically railroad related (there's a grade crossing and flat cars), but the main focus is the RB&BB boxes and the work being done by the forklift crew. Had the shot had an engine, it would be a different story, but generally, rolling stock only shots are not accepted into the database...
Old 01-25-2005, 11:45 PM   #3
Joe

Send a message via AIM to Joe

Railpictures standards: "If the shot doesn't have a locomotive, good luck getting it accepted."

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 01:06 AM   #4
cmherndon
Banned

Send a message via AIM to cmherndon Send a message via Yahoo to cmherndon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ween
It is technically railroad related (there's a grade crossing and flat cars), but the main focus is the RB&BB boxes and the work being done by the forklift crew.
I'll have to agree on that. While it is an interesting shot, more focus is on the unloading process rather thant he circus train itself. When the train departs Nashville, you may want to try and find a spot where you can get a good part of the train in your shot. One like that would have a better chance, granted the lighting, composition, and exposure are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe
Railpictures standards: "If the shot doesn't have a locomotive, good luck getting it accepted."
If that were the case, then you'd never see shots of interlocking towers, switch stands, signals, and several other railroad related items (sans a locomotive in the shot) posted here.
cmherndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 01:12 AM   #5
bsbaxter

Chris, Joe, & Caleb:

Thanks for the input. I had a feeling that with the lack of eye-catching strictly-RR content, it was doomed...but I decided to let the screeners have the final say...

I know that the next stop for the circus train is Charlotte, NC. So it will likely head down thru Chattanooga and Atlanta. I'll be sure to catch on it's way out of town.

Again...thanks!

Brandon
bsbaxter is offline   Reply With Quote