Old 08-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
Koval Vitaly

Default Appeal

I can`t send appeal...
Your ability to appeal rejected photos at RailPictures.net has been removed due to abuse of the Appeal system, such
as appealing an unusually high percentage of your rejected photos.
Koval Vitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #2
Greg P

Send a message via AIM to Greg P

The answer is right there. If you excessively appeal and loose, they cut off your ability. Appeals are something I think most people rarely use. I've appealed two photos in my time at RP.net, I lost 1 and won 1.

Can we see the photos that got rejected that you tried to appeal? These forums can be a great resource for learning to take better pictures.
Greg P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #3
Koval Vitaly

I wrote, that it`s fog
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...27&key=2498496
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...94&key=4597914
Koval Vitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
magicman_841

I wish they were a bit more clement with new RPers about the appeal thing. When I was new here, I used to think that appeal was a way to tell the screeners that I thought they rejected me on wrongful grounds. It's not -- but then again, I'm not sure what it is exactly, and have never fully understood the appeal feature. All I know is that you can't use it for every rejection, or they will pull the plug on you. I don't use it anymore unless fellow RPers suggest me to.

The first one actually has some sunlight shining... it's a pretty soft wintry light, but it looks good to me. My only complaint is cropping. I like that frozen brushery along the track, so perhaps you could try bringing the train up in the frame and showing more of that (if you can).

I like the second one as well but I understand the rejection. RP generally frowns upon the foggy wedgie. Perhaps try a different angle next time. A broadside shot would probably be nice in that open, frozen field.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #5
oltmannd

Ah, life in appeal-less purgatory.... Been there over a year now. Seem like normal life now.

You get there without warning. One day, you're merrily appealing along, batting about 50%, then, WHAM, you're in appeal purgatory. (They also cut me down from 10 shots a day to 2)

Life is simpler here. Submit your shot. It gets in or not and move on. The only time I'll try to tweak something and resubmit is if it's obvious and easy to fix.

Maybe it's my purpose in life: http://www.despair.com/mis24x30prin.html
oltmannd is offline   Reply With Quote