Old 02-20-2007, 11:14 PM   #1
dispatcher812

Question Whats a green goat?

I have seen several photos know of what is described as a green goat. Can anyone explain what that is?
dispatcher812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:32 PM   #2
nwrails

A Green Goat is a newer type of Hybrid Locomotive being built by RailPower. The best site for information would be Jody's Green Goat web page, http://www.trainweb.org/greengoats .

Daniel
nwrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:47 AM   #3
Fotaugrafee, Ink.
Banned

Jody's page is probably the single best online resource for information relating to the Green Goats. While I think they look friggin' ugly, and supposely they can't pull worth a damn, I've never been on one to make first-hand assumptions.

Of all the people who have received these, I thought the most interesting have been the US Army and Railserve, Inc. Granted, Railserve has built most of their "in house" at their Longview, TX shops. Others on the east coast have been manufactured by Super Steel Schenectady Inc. @ Glenville, NY. Many UP 2600-series units have been coming out of there lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwrails
A Green Goat is a newer type of Hybrid Locomotive being built by RailPower. The best site for information would be Jody's Green Goat web page, http://www.trainweb.org/greengoats .

Daniel
Fotaugrafee, Ink. is offline   Reply With Quote