Old 08-27-2005, 05:22 AM   #1
Slopes09

Send a message via AIM to Slopes09
Default Handicap Accessible Spots

Next Friday, I'm going to get knee surgery to try and fix/clean out the area where I tore cartiledge there. It will then be 2-6 weeks before I'm back on my feet, with another 6 weeks before I'm at my best. Now the problem is, I want to go railfanning within that time. Obviously, my choices are limited, definatly not going with the old way of busting brush. I need someplace where I can sit down inbetween trains. I was wondering if there was any good places to railfan within maybe 45 minutes of the Lockport-Lemont area which are easily accesible for someone on a wheelchair/crutches? I know I've seen a lot of pictures taken at the Downer's Grove Metra station, how is that there?
Slopes09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 05:36 AM   #2
NicTrain35

Hi Mike. Downers Grove Station is a really nice spot. There are benches right at the station for you to sit. I've been there a lot. Let me know when you head out there, and I'll see if I can make it. I live about 25 minutes from there. Hope everything goes well with your surgery! Nick

My pictures at RP:
http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=3955
NicTrain35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 03:36 PM   #3
Slopes09

Send a message via AIM to Slopes09

Hopefully I'll be heading somewhere today. I was planning on it being the last time to walk around railfanning, but it doesn't look like it as I hurt my knee last night again and once again on crutches. Thanks for the support!
Slopes09 is offline   Reply With Quote