Old 04-28-2005, 03:01 AM   #1

Exclamation Autimated System

Today I sent in a picture of what looked like an SD70AC, but really an SD70M. When the upload got finished, I then clicked the enlarger button and it said "their is no ID for this picture." I then go to my rejected photos page and already in less than a minute it is their. This is rediculus. I think the system here is automated. I think that their computer anly accepts pictures from friends.
#3300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:09 AM   #2
Ru1056

Send a message via Yahoo to Ru1056

What photo got rejected and the reason? There is a lot of SD70's in the database. It would have to be of high quality to get accepted.

Billy
Ru1056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:15 AM   #3

http://www.railpictures.net/images/s....jpg.90953.jpg

What's weird is that I allways see skies like this, and this SD70M is a different type of SD70M.
#3300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 10:15 AM   #4
Ru1056

Send a message via Yahoo to Ru1056

Quote:
Originally Posted by #3300
What's weird is that I allways see skies like this, and this SD70M is a different type of SD70M.
Again, why was it rejected? My guess is a cloudy day shot of a SD70 and unlevel horizon.

Just my $.02
Ru1056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 10:23 AM   #5
cmherndon
Banned

Send a message via AIM to cmherndon Send a message via Yahoo to cmherndon

Quote:
Originally Posted by #3300
Today I sent in a picture of what looked like an SD70AC, but really an SD70M. When the upload got finished, I then clicked the enlarger button and it said "their is no ID for this picture." I then go to my rejected photos page and already in less than a minute it is their.
Wow, that surely was a quick screening turnaround. Must've been #1 in the queue.

Quote:
This is rediculus. I think the system here is automated. I think that their computer anly accepts pictures from friends.
Where do you come up with a crazy idea like that?

Quote:
I see skies like that too when it's cloudy. That's why I ususally don't get the camera out. A different type of SD70M? Not really. That's the "Phase 3" with the new nose styling. They've been around for a while. Besides, for what amounts to a roster shot, the lighting has to be perfect. In this case, it's not even close.
cmherndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 04:06 PM   #6
RJSorensen

LOL, Sometimes it is just hard . . . we all love our shots more than we should. Put someone else's name or credit line below and then see what you think of it. Often a rejection is a wake up call. A chance to look at your shot and see/learn what one can do, or not do to take better shots. I think the screeners for the most part have seen enough stuff to know theirs.

As far as the automated thing . . . if they could afford that we would not have to put up with the stupid banners blinking and making one the special winner of a prize every day, think on that one.

Please click here should you wish to view a portion of my railroad photography . . .
RJSorensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 04:22 PM   #7
Donna

Thumbs up

You got that right!
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 04:47 PM   #8
Chris Starnes
Administrator

The screening process is not automated, you simply uploaded the photo while a screener was screening.

In regards to the photo you uploaded, it would be best kept for your personal collection. I don't think anything you could do to the image will bring it up to database standards.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:52 PM   #9
ssw9662

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Starnes
The screening process is not automated, you simply uploaded the photo while a screener was screening.
That's happened to me before

Quote:
In regards to the photo you uploaded, it would be best kept for your personal collection. I don't think anything you could do to the image will bring it up to database standards.
I agree. Also, it looks like you are shooting print film (Looks like 400 or 800 the way the grain is) , maybe you should try a digital camera. There are many good digitals out there that I'm sure would give you good results.
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Canon 50mm f/1.8
My Railpictures.net Photos
flickr
ssw9662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 07:52 PM   #10
trainmonster

[quote=cmherndon]
I see skies like that too when it's cloudy. That's why I ususally don't get the camera out.QUOTE]

Boy, if you lived in the Northeast you wouldn't be getting it out at all... Not being sarcastic! This:
http://richpalm88.rrpicturearchives....aspx?id=104012 is an average Pa. day. Or white skies.

I gave up fighting the sun all the time and shoot whatever, whenever, I want. If you want perfect, cloudless days here, it just ain't gonna happen. We *might* get a few a year. (when at work) So If I want any quantity of pictures at all, in mud, slop or snow, I say the hell with it and go. And the quality ones go in my own archive, the real losers get the delete key.

For me, if I keep pining away for the perfect day, I'd think myself into a psych ward real quick!

On screening: I have pretty much figured out what times screeners do their thing and upload then. I've had the results within a couple minutes then.

Rich

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net! (Good weather here, but 20 year's worth!)

Last edited by trainmonster; 04-28-2005 at 07:54 PM.
trainmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 11:13 PM   #11
FullService

Before making such untrue comments, be sure to check your spelling.....

for the record, it's Automated, the word, not the screeners....

Last edited by FullService; 04-29-2005 at 12:37 AM.
FullService is offline   Reply With Quote