Old 05-07-2017, 02:26 AM   #1
Kyle Korienek

Lightbulb I Know, But...

I uploaded this with full knowledge of it, with full understanding of their rules, and of the exceptions that get made sometimes. I was hoping the screener would understand the circumstances surrounding my reasoning for challenging the rules, but, I guess not.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...36&key=6206876

I'm not interested in appealing, I'm not interested in playing screener roulette, im not interested in pushing to make it get in anymore, they don't want it, okay. I guess I figured that the informational weight of the photo would have some merit, but, I guess not.

I think this is why I get way more excitement out of Flickr and why so many others do anymore.

My RP Photos

Flickr! New & Improved!

Me In A Speedo

"I don't do this to make money or to please anyone, you people are too difficult to please and too cheap to buy my crap."
Kyle Korienek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 04:13 AM   #2
JRMDC

Seems like a rather standard shot to go to the trouble of getting on an RP forum and making a personal statement about it.

RP is, generally speaking, not about information content or news.

BTW, my monitor is not a good standard for judging color and so I usually withhold comment, but the shot seems to have a green tinge. I could be wrong.

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
JRMDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 05:13 AM   #3
SAR Connecta

Acceptable rejection, I'm seeing the odd colour hue as well.

My Railpictures.Net photos can be found here http://www.railpictures.net/sarconnecta/.
SAR Connecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:33 AM   #4
miningcamper1

Cowl units in a discontinued paint scheme are neither common nor standard IMO.

RP Photos: www.railpictures.net/miningcamper1/
miningcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 01:44 PM   #5
Kyle Korienek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMDC View Post
RP is, generally speaking, not about information content or news.
Part of me agrees with you, J, I've been on this site a while now, it's about quality rr photography, I have done that marginally well in the past according to their rules.

But a part of me disagrees with you slightly. When NS released the heritage units back in whatever year, Casey made sure he got the photos on here ASAP, and a few of them were rainy day roster shots, one I remember seeing the umbrella. Am I saying these are on the same tier as NS heritage units? No, but the same ideals apply with regards to their informational content in my opinion.

Another part of me is one who likes to push the envelope with this site and see what can be accepted, I've always been that way.

Yeah, I couldn't control the weather that day, I accept that, I also accept their decision to not accept it. I just wonder if say in 10 years if this site is still around, would they accept this shot? Since by then, these units will be razor blades and aluminum foil.

*Side note: I also see the green a little, my 6 year old laptop needs to be upgraded...*

My RP Photos

Flickr! New & Improved!

Me In A Speedo

"I don't do this to make money or to please anyone, you people are too difficult to please and too cheap to buy my crap."
Old 05-07-2017, 01:47 PM   #6
Kyle Korienek

Quote:
Originally Posted by miningcamper1 View Post
Cowl units in a discontinued paint scheme are neither common nor standard IMO.
I thought the content outweighed the clouds, but the clouds were pretty heavy that day...

My RP Photos

Flickr! New & Improved!

Me In A Speedo

Old 05-07-2017, 01:52 PM   #7
Kyle Korienek

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAR Connecta View Post
Acceptable rejection
I agree with you, but would you have been disappointed to see this?

My RP Photos

Flickr! New & Improved!

Me In A Speedo

Old 05-07-2017, 02:49 PM   #8
JMeade

Kyle, I am going to agree with the comment about the color balance of the image and the sky being blown out. If those two issues were resolved I think it may have been able to get on.
JMeade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 04:26 PM   #9
SAR Connecta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Korienek View Post
I agree with you, but would you have been disappointed to see this?
No Kyle I wouldn't have, but I'm sure a re-edit and tweaks / adjustments to the colour levels may have success.

My Railpictures.Net photos can be found here http://www.railpictures.net/sarconnecta/.
SAR Connecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 01:01 AM   #10
JRMDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Korienek View Post
But a part of me disagrees with you slightly. When NS released the heritage units back in whatever year, Casey made sure he got the photos on here ASAP, and a few of them were rainy day roster shots, one I remember seeing the umbrella. Am I saying these are on the same tier as NS heritage units? No, but the same ideals apply with regards to their informational content in my opinion.
Casey/NS, it has been speculated, have an agreement with RP to get those shots on. Of course, in general those are really high quality shots. But let's be clear, I have no problem with your submission - it's the thought that this was worthy of a specific forum post that I found puzzling. For that matter, as has been said, your shot could still get on, were you interested in making an additional effort.

Quote:
Another part of me is one who likes to push the envelope with this site and see what can be accepted, I've always been that way.
I have no objection to your photography! Just puzzled by your original post. Especially given your RP experience.

Quote:
I just wonder if say in 10 years if this site is still around, would they accept this shot? Since by then, these units will be razor blades and aluminum foil.
Depends on how many CN shots they have accepted by then, whether CN will have fallen as a flag, and on their attitude toward the to-become-older stuff. Will be interesting to see.

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots

Last edited by JRMDC; 05-08-2017 at 01:05 AM.
JRMDC is offline   Reply With Quote