Old 01-10-2009, 03:12 AM   #1
J Douglas Moore

Default Some comments missing

I have found out that on my last photo accepted some of the comments left did not get thru. One friend said she posted twice 4 or 5 days apart and her comment still is not showing up on my photo. One other posted on Monday and it isnt in either. Any ideas? She is not registered but it says she can still leave a comment. She assured me that the comments were not obscene or nasty. LOL Has anyone had this happen B4??

"Thanks for looking"

It is a proven fact that birthdays are good for you. The people with the most always live longer!
J Douglas Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:07 AM   #2
Freericks
Met Fan

One of my best friends from college is not a railfan at all, but an indie filmmaker in NYC. She commented on one of my dad's photos... the comment didn't show up.

She also assured me she left a very benign, nice comment.

She was offended that her comment wasn't posted and hasn't come back. I even had to call and apologize to her (although I had nothing to do with her comment being rejected).
Freericks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:14 AM   #3
travsirocz

Send a message via AIM to travsirocz

There have been many threads on non registered users not getting comments posted.
travsirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:41 AM   #4
J Douglas Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freericks
One of my best friends from college is not a railfan at all, but an indie filmmaker in NYC. She commented on one of my dad's photos... the comment didn't show up.

She also assured me she left a very benign, nice comment.

She was offended that her comment wasn't posted and hasn't come back. I even had to call and apologize to her (although I had nothing to do with her comment being rejected).
Kinda the same reaction here as well. She was a little upset that comment was not listed. Administers should pull that phrase that says you can comment W/O registering. Her comment to me was if they dont publish my comments, what else is being left out? To me its not a huge deal to miss a comment or 2 now and then, but I pass along my link, people go onto the website generating more traffic, they are told they can leave a comment, they leave one, then come back again to site to look at their comment. I can see where they get kinda pissed. Just my $.03 worth (inflation has caused an increase)

"Thanks for looking"

It is a proven fact that birthdays are good for you. The people with the most always live longer!
Old 01-10-2009, 06:55 AM   #5
Freericks
Met Fan

Truth of the matter is I'm sure my friend hasn't come back because she's not really interested in trains... it wasn't that big a deal.

I may have felt the need to apologize because I was embarrassed about the whole thing... but I did wish her comment had gotten posted after she'd so happily said she'd posted one and then had come back to see her comment.
Freericks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:38 AM   #6
J Douglas Moore

I can see where unregistered comments could come from anywhere and a person, if they chose, could really load up on comments. But the favorites would not be in proportion to the comments and who has the time or reason to do it. And if you require people to register to leave a comment, they likely wont since they do not wanna give out e-mail, etc.
The one person leaving a comment for me was raised in Yuma and had family that worked on the SP. she was delighted to find so much info on the web and the shots of the unpatched SP's were her favorites.
Oh well, enuff of this. I was just curious since it happened that 2 people told me they left comments on the same photo. Thought maybe something went wrong.

"Thanks for looking"

Old 01-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #7
JimThias

Quote:
Originally Posted by travsirocz
There have been many threads on non registered users not getting comments posted.
I spent about two hours one afternoon looking through pics in the database and leaving comments as an unregistered user (I was on my parents laptop). None of my comments showed up and I was quite

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
JimThias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:32 PM   #8
travsirocz

Send a message via AIM to travsirocz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThias
I spent about two hours one afternoon looking through pics in the database and leaving comments as an unregistered user (I was on my parents laptop). None of my comments showed up and I was quite
You were quite gay? That smiley is flaming right.
travsirocz is offline   Reply With Quote