Old 01-12-2010, 08:25 PM   #51
cblaz

It sure is nice to see some of our members act so mature when dealing with these types of people, to not give this site a worse reputation...

(visits Facebook group)

Oh. Wait, nevermind.

- Chris

Last edited by cblaz; 01-12-2010 at 08:28 PM.
cblaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:20 PM   #52
Joe the Photog

Part of me agrees with you, Chris. The other part doubts this site could get a worse reputation with dumb morons.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:10 PM   #53
troy12n
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblaz View Post
It sure is nice to see some of our members act so mature when dealing with these types of people, to not give this site a worse reputation...
Yes, this place sure is an old boys club if I have ever seen one...
troy12n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:28 PM   #54
JRMDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Part of me agrees with you, Chris. The other part doubts this site could get a worse reputation with dumb morons.
I guess I agree mostly with Chris, and regret not having written something similar earlier. No point in descending to their level, and aside from (important) principle, doing so is generally ineffective. No minds have been changed, I am suspecting.

Joe, what you say is true, but remember there is always a core and those who are not at the core and can be influenced. Those people may be turned off by some of the postings there.

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
JRMDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:30 AM   #55
ssw9662

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
This "Joseph Conrad" fellow appears to be another alter ego for Len Shaner (the guy who ripped off that shot of the Big Boy). Most of you probably don't know who I'm talking about, but this guy has a pretty infamous reputation around here for stealing stuff (among other things). He got the boot from Trainorders a couple years ago for ripping shots off the internet and posting them as his own (the hilarious part is that he got busted posting a picture taken by another TO member and claiming it to be his own). He's also created numerous "fake" names and pretended to be people other than himself. His terminally flawed spelling and grammar gives away each one of his follies though.
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Canon 50mm f/1.8
My Railpictures.net Photos
flickr

Last edited by ssw9662; 01-13-2010 at 01:36 AM.
ssw9662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:06 AM   #56
jnohallman

"Lenny" has also had issues at railfan.net that have led to him being booted there as well, though I believe he currently has an active account that he is permitted to keep so long as he keeps to certain very specific subjects. He's definitely a piece of work. Aside from the aforementioned photo stealing, he also has a tendency to spew lots of misinformation while claiming to be directly involved with all manner of projects and organizations.

Jon

Click here to see my photos on RP.net!

Do not, under any circumstances whatsoever, click here. Don't even think about it. I'm warning you!
jnohallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:52 AM   #57
JimThias

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssw9662 View Post
This "Joseph Conrad" fellow appears to be another alter ego for Len Shaner (the guy who ripped off that shot of the Big Boy). Most of you probably don't know who I'm talking about, but this guy has a pretty infamous reputation around here for stealing stuff (among other things). He got the boot from Trainorders a couple years ago for ripping shots off the internet and posting them as his own (the hilarious part is that he got busted posting a picture taken by another TO member and claiming it to be his own). He's also created numerous "fake" names and pretended to be people other than himself. His terminally flawed spelling and grammar gives away each one of his follies though.
It's been proven time and time again that the internet is much too small to get away with stuff like that. Why do people still think they can? Is it a sickness or something?

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
JimThias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:41 AM   #58
ssw9662

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThias View Post
It's been proven time and time again that the internet is much too small to get away with stuff like that. Why do people still think they can? Is it a sickness or something?
To put it lightly, this guy has a few missing screws. I'm not sure if he'll ever learn, but it seems like he just wants attention and looks for the wrong ways to get it. Like I said, this guy is a living legend throughout eastern Pennsylvania for all the wrong reasons.
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Canon 50mm f/1.8
My Railpictures.net Photos
flickr
ssw9662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:40 AM   #59
trainboysd40

Send a message via MSN to trainboysd40

Since when is there a reason for rejection citing a lack of enthusiasm? This is hilarious.
Obligatory link to shots on RP, HERE
trainboysd40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:46 AM   #60
Chris Kilroy
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Chris Kilroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainboysd40 View Post
Since when is there a reason for rejection citing a lack of enthusiasm? This is hilarious.
That was pretty curious to me too. I called him on it and he INSISTED that's the reason we reject most of his shots. Talk about a space cadet!

I had the most fun I've had in awhile going back and forth with a few guys over there this afternoon though. It's funny that so many believe we really do have it out for them, take joy in rejecting photos, etc. etc. I've never even heard of any of them.

Oh well, like I said there, the fact that people would go to so much trouble just to complain about our little railfan site is a badge of honor for me. I know we're not perfect, but the examples those guys post definitely go to show why we have a screening process in the first place, flawed or not.
- View My Photos at JetPhotos.Net!
Chris Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:48 AM   #61
bigbassloyd

You make my son cry when you reject my photos...

That is all

Loyd L.

My personal photography site
bigbassloyd is offline   Reply With Quote