Old 03-15-2009, 04:02 AM   #51
DWHonan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
What's worse is the ones there -- from here -- who are stooping to his level. They're wrestling with a pig in the mud..... and the pig loves it!
Joe, shouldn't that metaphor be, "they're tossing food scraps to a rat in a dumpster"?
View my portfolio at Flickr Not quite so new anymore!
DWHonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:13 AM   #52
Watain
-_-

Send a message via MSN to Watain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWHonan View Post
Joe, shouldn't that metaphor be, "they're tossing food scraps to a rat in a dumpster"?
Quote:
What's worse is the ones there -- from here -- who are stooping to his level. They're wrestling with a pig in the mud..... and the pig loves it!

Joe
I stoop to no ones level, the only reason I went in there was for my own enjoyment.

I did it for the lulz.
Watain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:16 AM   #53
JimThias

Quote:

Joe
I'm not stooping to his level...I'm just trying to get that coward to back up his words. He called me out, and I'm going to continue to prove how much of a coward he is until he proves otherwise.

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
JimThias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:19 AM   #54
Watain
-_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenmwelch View Post
It's true that Elite Members don't have auto accept... Just look at Wayne Stumbo.
Yes I have seen my fair share of rejections. Still funny how Valentine thinks paying members go to straight to auto-accept.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:54 AM   #55
Ween

Quote:
Now, someone please tell me that thats a good image and fully deserves to be on Railpics.

Next time you people get an assinine rejection, remember this image. http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=275706
You know, this isn't (2)'s best effort (and it's awfully noisy for ISO 200), but...

Do you think it's possible that the admins allowed this one on, amongst the 1100 accepted in the last week, so loons like Valentard could find it, nitpick it, and go batsh!t crazy over it. If I was in charge, I would. 1 image out of 1100 in a week's span proves his point? Yeah, right!

Another Valentine FAIL!
Old 03-15-2009, 05:17 AM   #56
Watain
-_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ween View Post
You know, this isn't (2)'s best effort (and it's awfully noisy for ISO 200), but...

Do you think it's possible that the admins allowed this one on, amongst the 1100 accepted in the last week, so loons like Valentard could find it, nitpick it, and go batsh!t crazy over it. If I was in charge, I would. 1 image out of 1100 in a week's span proves his point? Yeah, right!

Another Valentine FAIL!
Yeah he pulled one of my own too, to try and prove that Elite= auto accept, he found mine through the forums. Wonder why he can still view the forums? I love his use of big words...asinine he even spelled it wrong(insert fail here).
Old 03-15-2009, 07:52 AM   #57
Railbuff

Now guys he is one of gods children, be nice TX
Railbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:48 PM   #58
Joe the Photog

To say that image is not one of AB(2)'s best efforts is a real understatement. Like saying the last Hannibal book by homas Harris is not as good as "Silence of the Lambs." It look like it was shot by a newbie who bitched and moaned about why RP rejected it. It's sft. That' the one that stands out at me. I find it hard to even try to argue Danny V.'s point when he points to that one. He's not going to get it anyway.

Joe
Old 03-15-2009, 06:12 PM   #59
ssw9662

Quote:
To say that image is not one of AB(2)'s best efforts is a real understatement. Like saying the last Hannibal book by homas Harris is not as good as "Silence of the Lambs." It look like it was shot by a newbie who bitched and moaned about why RP rejected it. It's sft. That' the one that stands out at me. I find it hard to even try to argue Danny V.'s point when he points to that one. He's not going to get it anyway.

Joe
I agree 100%. I am not a fan of that shot at all and I wonder why it was accepted in the first place. However, to use it to prove Dan's conspiracy theory about RP is ridiculous.
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Canon 50mm f/1.8
My Railpictures.net Photos
flickr
ssw9662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:30 PM   #60
ccaranna

But come on you guys...I'm sure there was a reason why it was accepted.

It's a rare and unusual locomotive!
ccaranna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:52 PM   #61
nikos1

I would say that using it to justify say AB (2) gets auto acceptances is taking it a bit far but i can see how people would get annoyed with it. Im honestly happy it got on, i like the shot itself but the technical quality leaves alot to be desired. Its somewhat irritating that ive had shots in lighting conditions like this, with similarly interesting scenery and power, and about the same amount of noise rejected.

Wedge shots of blue HLCX SD60's http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=7861

More wedge shots of blue HLCX SD60's http://nikos1.rrpicturearchives.net/

Video wedge shots of blue HLCX SD60's
http://youtube.com/profile?user=nikosjk1
nikos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:59 AM   #62
PLEzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan V.
From this point on, you are not concerned about me, or what I do in any way, shape or form.

When you see my e-mail address posted to a message, delete it.

Stop being an infant and quit trying to violate my freedom of speech and expression.

Its not going to stop me.

When you pay my bills and buy my food and pay mty child support, I will start to think about caring what you think, where I am concerned.

Now, we should be on the same level here. Seeing everything eye to eye.

One more reponse from you on this matter at any time, and your off the group. Your already on moderation. I now control everything you do on "TheNSWestslope".

Not happy about that? Too damn bad!
Quality responses from Mr Valentine.
My RP.net Photos
PLEzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:02 AM   #63
Chase55671
RailPictures.Net Crew

Send a message via AIM to Chase55671 Send a message via MSN to Chase55671

AB is one of the best photographers on RP.net in my opinion. He's always very creative with the photos ahd whatnot, and I'd imagine that the creative angles, and very well composed images sometimes make up for the poor lighting conditions, noise issue, etc.

If you have a very well composed image, with good color, and good scenery, etc. is a small noise issue that big of a deal?

No, I'm not buttering up to a screener, just throwing out my own opinion.

Chase
Click here to view my photos at Railpictures.Net
SLR Night Photography Tutorial | Railpictures.Net Beginners Guide
Chase55671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:38 AM   #64
Ween

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ratard
I realize that when I joined this group, the intelligence level skyrocketed. And after that, that level has dipped a bit as other members joined.
Best quote so far. Then he goes on to miss a couple of apostrophes later on in his post.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:43 AM   #65
Walter S

Send a message via AIM to Walter S

Quote:
Best quote so far. Then he goes on to miss a couple of apostrophes later on in his post.
Looks to me like his intelligence dropped in that quote.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:49 AM   #66
Watain
-_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter S View Post
Looks to me like his intelligence dropped in that quote.
What intelligence?
Old 03-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #67
JimThias

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLEzero View Post
Quality responses from Mr Valentine.
Hey Brad, who was that reply directed to?

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
JimThias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #68
lock4244

Cloudy Common power. Most anyone else that submitted that shot would have been rejected. Could have gone back on a sunny day and reshot would be the reason. I'm not saying there is a conspiracy, but com'on, that is really pushing it.

Insert witty comment here

Hot girl on girl action here!

More Pics Here
lock4244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:05 PM   #69
jdirelan87

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThias View Post
Hey Brad, who was that reply directed to?
That was an email sent to Brad via Valentine's "NSWestSlope" Group on Yahoo. I'll sum it up in a nut shell; the group has 100 members and generates probably about 50 emails aday, 40 of which are shots Dan took that day on the West Slope or emails stroking Dan's ego. He's so far into his little world that he thinks being 'moderated' on some dinky little Yahoo group is a serious punishment.

(I'm probably being banned from the group as we speak, no big deal anyways, I only opened about one out of every 250 emails)
jdirelan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #70
Joe the Photog

For the conspiracy nuts out there, what does RP or AB(2) have to gain from getting a sub par shot accepted? I mean, most conspiracies exist because it benefits someone. But I don't see how this shot really works to anyone's benefit. Therefore, what's the point? So far, all I have seen is people saying this shot should not have been accepted. So for there to be some kind of behind the scenes under cover smoky room sheninigans going on, I just want to know what the rewards re.

Joe
Old 03-16-2009, 03:44 PM   #71
lock4244

Quote:
For the conspiracy nuts out there, what does RP or AB(2) have to gain from getting a sub par shot accepted?

Joe
I haven't the slightest idea, other than it was the best that the photog could do given the weather/location? The shot is poor by most standards. It looks like it was taken from a distance then cropped alot to draw the train in. Look at the blurred leaves and objects on the ground, look at the blurred horse on the nose... I can't find anything that isn't soft in this shot.

I highly doubt there is a conspiracy going on, nor do I think Elite members have an auto accept, and there are poor shots in the DB from within the past 12 months that were not taken by a screener. But accepting this shot gives fuel to the Rat's arguement... and he's right in calling it out. AB(2) has a great eye for photography and composition... he's capapble of better that this shot in his sleep.

More Pics Here
Old 03-16-2009, 03:44 PM   #72
Ween

Quote:
For the conspiracy nuts out there, what does RP or AB(2) have to gain from getting a sub par shot accepted? I mean, most conspiracies exist because it benefits someone. But I don't see how this shot really works to anyone's benefit. Therefore, what's the point? So far, all I have seen is people saying this shot should not have been accepted. So for there to be some kind of behind the scenes under cover smoky room sheninigans going on, I just want to know what the rewards re.
Joe = fail. I guess you missed this post:
http://forums.railpictures.net/showp...6&postcount=55

To sum up: the benefit is that the admins can laugh at the loons that go bat sh!t crazy over one bad photo getting accepted. Not saying they do, but if it was me, I'd probably do something like that just to watch the nuts crawl out of their skin with rage/disgust/etc.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:53 PM   #73
lock4244

Quote:
Joe = fail. I guess you missed this post:
http://forums.railpictures.net/showp...6&postcount=55

To sum up: the benefit is that the admins can laugh at the loons that go bat sh!t crazy over one bad photo getting accepted. Not saying they do, but if it was me, I'd probably do something like that just to watch the nuts crawl out of their skin with rage/disgust/etc.
This would cheapen the site. The point of RP is to not be like RRPA, that only images of a minimum level of quality get on. It'd be sad to compromise that for the purpose of just the stirring up DV or other RP haters... even though it provides too much comical enjoyment.

More Pics Here
Old 03-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #74
Ween

Quote:
This would cheapen the site.
Maybe, but .09% of the photos is hardly noticable...except for kooks like Dan and his ilk...
Old 03-16-2009, 04:27 PM   #75
lock4244

Quote:
Maybe, but .09% of the photos is hardly noticable...except for kooks like Dan and his ilk...
True, but they can sniff them out faster than a pig can sniff out a truffel!

More Pics Here