Old 05-17-2008, 12:22 AM   #1
Trendyh

Send a message via Yahoo to Trendyh Send a message via Skype™ to Trendyh
Default Similar to previous rej

Hi All,
I got this rejected before for Similar to Previous but i cant see where and how its Similar that it deserves to be rejected,Same Company train and Loco type but 2 totally different schemes,containers are clear differences etc.
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...d=524328&key=0

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=233915

While these 2 of same company & Loco type aswell got accepted from same spot but clear scheme differences.
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=234034
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=234641

I could post plenty more examples of similar images but if screener had a good look at the 2 images there clearly different from one to another.

Cheers.
Trendyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:56 AM   #2
JRMDC

Well, the matched pair of accepted shots were not uploaded on the same day, judging by their id numbers. Screeners don't go pouring through the database to see if there is a match. If there are two similar ones near to each other in the queue, then you will get that rejection.

Hmm, looking at your entire set of shots, it looks like that was not the case. Maybe it just happened to have been the same screener and he happened to remember the shot from a day or two prior.

But there is a bigger issue. You have almost 300 shots here. May I suggest - gently? - that it is time to stretch out a bit with the compositions? In addition to there, I see in your collection a bunch of similar Picton shots; those or similar ones were in the forum some time ago. Perhaps you can come up with different angles?

Preferences vary. If you like getting similar shots repeatedly, enjoy! Lots of people do that.

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
JRMDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:02 AM   #3
Somebody in the WWW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMDC
But there is a bigger issue. You have almost 300 shots here. May I suggest - gently? - that it is time to stretch out a bit with the compositions? In addition to there, I see in your collection a bunch of similar Picton shots; those or similar ones were in the forum some time ago. Perhaps you can come up with different angles?
There is a lot of good photospots in the Southern Highlands if one has access to a car (forget using CityRail - useless service) so I am sure he would not have trouble finding another spot! Of course there are many places in NSW and around Sydney which have great scenery which are seen less on this site.

I usually don't bother photographing there due to trains being few and far between - both passenger and freight. Also because I don't like Endeavours.
Somebody in the WWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:12 AM   #4
Trendyh

Send a message via Yahoo to Trendyh Send a message via Skype™ to Trendyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody in the WWW
There is a lot of good photospots in the Southern Highlands if one has access to a car (forget using CityRail - useless service) so I am sure he would not have trouble finding another spot! Of course there are many places in NSW and around Sydney which have great scenery which are seen less on this site.

I usually don't bother photographing there due to trains being few and far between - both passenger and freight. Also because I don't like Endeavours.
Thanks to head screener for accepting on appeal.

I wouldnt say there is alot of great photospots in Southern highlands if you hav'nt done much down this way,Between Campbelltown-Yerrinbool is main area for photography,some good spots and if the Sun wasnt a key factor in images being accepted i could upload plenty more.

Also Mittagong-Moss Vale is abit out of the way to travel just to get photos of trains when i could get them closer to where i live,I do the hobby for myself not railpictures.net,i upload what i feel can make the database and most interesting.

There is enough variation in the images and locations and the line certainly isnt the busiest so i get what i can.

There isnt many images from Australia,around 3000+ so it would be good to see more images from NSW in Database but handful of regular uploaders cant do that.

Anyway this thread can be put to rest now,image was accepted.

Last edited by Trendyh; 05-17-2008 at 09:14 AM. Reason: mistake
Trendyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:24 AM   #5
Somebody in the WWW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendyh
I wouldnt say there is alot of great photospots in Southern highlands if you hav'nt done much down this way,Between Campbelltown-Yerrinbool is main area for photography,some good spots and if the Sun wasnt a key factor in images being accepted i could upload plenty more.
I meant in comparison to some of the other lines. If you have ever tried photographing on the other lines main likes being the Illawarra, Blue Mountains or Short North or anywhere in Sydney you will know how annoying the overhead wiring is when you are trying to take photos, at least it ends at Macarthur/Glenlee on the South.

The best section is between Menangle Park (Macarthur isn't much, too many ferals too) and around Yerrinbool/Bargo I agree, apart from the section after Yass Junction to about Albury which even has a spiral, which is much too far from anything for anybody (including me) to bother going there regularily

Last edited by Somebody in the WWW; 05-17-2008 at 10:24 AM. Reason: typo
Somebody in the WWW is offline   Reply With Quote