Old 06-06-2008, 11:04 AM   #1
Trendyh

Send a message via Yahoo to Trendyh Send a message via Skype™ to Trendyh
Default Bad Crop Rej

Hi All,
Im having trouble with a shot,ive tried twice trying to get it into DB but it got Bad cropping rejection both times,Its a distance shot showing a city commuter train amongst the city traffic and scenery. http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...&key=770348557
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...d=531886&key=0

Would a tighter crop than the first 2 make it better?

Cheers.
Trendyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:43 AM   #2
Somebody in the WWW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendyh
Im having trouble with a shot,ive tried twice trying to get it into DB but it got Bad cropping rejection both times,Its a distance shot showing a city commuter train amongst the city traffic and scenery.
That photo was actually taken closest to Esplanade Station, not Perth Station which is at the other end of the CBD, or "Western Australia" which is a state. The Narrows Bridge is also close too. Also, it would have been coming from either Mandurah or Cockburn Central, as the only ones from Rockingham are 4-car A sets, while that is a 3-car B series

To me, the train seems to be lost in all of it. It just looks like a shot of some parkland and the Kwinana Freeway with a tiny little bit of a train in the middle . I saw a similar shot in Railway Digest recently but showing more of the actual train.

There must be some great photo opportunities on the Mandurah Line though. The Joondalup Line would have some great opportunities too running up the Mitchell Freeway from Leederville all the way up to Edgewater (north of Whitfords)! Not much variety in trains

Hope to see some more Transperth photos on RP.net, the number of them could be counted on a single hand when I last bothered to look.

Last edited by Somebody in the WWW; 06-06-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Somebody in the WWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:01 PM   #3
Switched out

Hi Trevor,

I liked the original cropping of the first one the best but I guess the screeners are looking for a tighter crop to emphasize the train.

My suggestion.

Cheers,

Christine
Switched out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:19 PM   #4
MichaelJ
The Photo Journalist

I agree with Christine. Trevor you need a much tighter crop get that shot into RailPictures; I had to look twice to find the train. It is a great shot of a train the Perth City surrounds, though ...

The views expressed in this reply are personal and do not represent the views or policy of my employer.
MichaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:33 PM   #5
KevinM

Ditto for me....

The train colors are too similar to the highway infrastructure colors and it just blends into the background. On first glance, my brain was asking: "where's the train?" This might be classified as urban camo!......the military would be envious! Interesting shot.

I would crop a bunch tighter and experiment with the positioning of the train so the eye can find it more easily. I must admit though....the "stealth train" scene is pretty neat.

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Lots of Steam Railroad stuff there from all over the US.
KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote