Old 10-20-2018, 11:11 PM   #1
willig

Default Two PAQs for me

Anyone like these?

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...34&key=6243835
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...39&key=6953455

I have seen similar subjects on RP, but I fully appreciate that this is no guarantee that mine would be accepted.
willig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:56 AM   #2
miningcamper1

The baby-blue recliner kind of spoils the first one IMHO. Besides that. only 'Station' on the sign distinguishes the photo as a railway scene.

Do you have a less tightly composed view of the second? Even then, 'leaning guy' isn't helpful here IMHO.

RP Photos: www.railpictures.net/miningcamper1/

Last edited by miningcamper1; 10-21-2018 at 10:02 AM. Reason: revision
miningcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 12:53 PM   #3
SAR Connecta

Quote:
Originally Posted by miningcamper1 View Post
The baby-blue recliner kind of spoils the first one IMHO. Besides that. only 'Station' on the sign distinguishes the photo as a railway scene.

Do you have a less tightly composed view of the second? Even then, 'leaning guy' isn't helpful here IMHO.
Have to agree with you re the blue chair, which spoils an otherwise nice photo (love signal cabins). For me the second one perhaps looks a bit too "posed"?

My Railpictures.Net photos can be found here http://www.railpictures.net/sarconnecta/.

Last edited by SAR Connecta; 10-21-2018 at 12:55 PM.
SAR Connecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:04 AM   #4
RobJor

"Too Posed" is an interesting concept for railfan photography, a non-sequitur? I agree a wider view might work looking at some others that got accepted. I'd guess the leaning guy is a switchman, perhaps the attire does not fit the expected norm for fireman or switchman.

Bob

Last edited by RobJor; 10-22-2018 at 12:10 AM.
RobJor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:15 PM   #5
willig

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJor View Post
"Too Posed" is an interesting concept for railfan photography, a non-sequitur? I agree a wider view might work looking at some others that got accepted. I'd guess the leaning guy is a switchman, perhaps the attire does not fit the expected norm for fireman or switchman.

Bob
It's a pity that it looks a bit too posed. Truth is, it was a grabshot as the loco passed by close to me. No wider shot possible, I'm afraid.

The leaning guy on the footplate is actually a representative of the loco owner. He was riding on the footplate to oversee the driver and fireman from the Heritage Railway to make sure they treat it carefully. This is a very precious loco!
Old 10-23-2018, 12:42 AM   #6
RobJor

Quote:
Originally Posted by willig View Post
It's a pity that it looks a bit too posed. Truth is, it was a grabshot as the loco passed by close to me. No wider shot possible, I'm afraid.

The leaning guy on the footplate is actually a representative of the loco owner. He was riding on the footplate to oversee the driver and fireman from the Heritage Railway to make sure they treat it carefully. This is a very precious loco!
Just to clarify, I didn't think this photo looked too posed, that was from prior post and the fireman seemed to have a real intense look.

Bob
RobJor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:03 PM   #7
willig

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJor View Post
Just to clarify, I didn't think this photo looked too posed, that was from prior post and the fireman seemed to have a real intense look.

Bob
Point taken.

Sorry,