Old 02-03-2015, 02:09 AM   #1
MassArt Images

Default Now it's Comp too loose...

Boy oh boy sometimes you just can't figure out what the screener wants.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...98&key=8081351

Is there a different rules set applied to rolling stock vs. locomotives?

My RP pics are HERE

My website is HERE
MassArt Images is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 02:14 AM   #2
magicman_841

Well, they'll probably give you the PAQ soon. I'd let it go. Besides, the crop is fine. If you remove on the right, you cut the tractor, if you remove on the left, you cut the car, but you can't crop the car out and not cut the train, so...
Old 02-03-2015, 02:23 AM   #3
MassArt Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman_841 View Post
Well, they'll probably give you the PAQ soon. I'd let it go. Besides, the crop is fine. If you remove on the right, you cut the tractor, if you remove on the left, you cut the car, but you can't crop the car out and not cut the train, so...
Probably, but it is exactly why rejected photos need to be re-screened by the original screener.

If a PAQ was the first rejection then there would be no reason to continue to try to make it acceptable. The first rejection of this image was underexposed. This rejection was the second.

My RP pics are HERE

My website is HERE
MassArt Images is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:15 AM   #4
Mgoldman

I don't see this as "too loose" and I am a bit confused by the rejection.

I do see this as the much more common "bad crop", ie; Crop monster food. The subject(s) are somewhat centered in the scene top to bottom. I'd crop the bottom, add to the top or some combination to get the train and car out of the center (vertically).

I believe I am the only one here who has no problem with having different screeners re-screeen a shot after it's fixed. With one to 200 or so images to screen per day, does anyone really expect each screener to note every rejection possible. I assume, they find the one most problematic and move forward. If there is another problem causing another rejection, just go ahead and fix it and move on. Hopefully, our images do not suffer from multiple issues at time of submission.

Yours does, lol - take to the shadows and highlights filter and bring some detail back to those tractor tires! Also, while that's happening, you'll likely brighten the scene making for a much more appealing image.

/Mitch
Mgoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:43 AM   #5
SFO777

The car is clutter right now. You have to put up in the foreground I think. Use it to cover up the patch of asphalt? Maybe if you turn the car so it's pointing at a 45* angle at the tracks you can use the windshield and hood to frame the train while also covering up the asphalt. Just random ideas.
SFO777 is offline   Reply With Quote