Old 08-08-2017, 07:59 PM   #1
Joseph Cermak
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cleveland, Rochester, Erie
Posts: 295
Default "Do you think they saw each other"



Image © Kyle Tidwell
PhotoID: 624905
Photograph © Kyle Tidwell


Image ©
PhotoID:
Photograph ©
Joseph Cermak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 09:52 PM   #2
Pkwlsn
Member
 
Pkwlsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 65
Default

How does this get by the screeners? Look at their PhotoID numbers. One would have showed up immediately before the other.
__________________
My Flickr
My RP.net
Pkwlsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 03:09 AM   #3
JimThias
Senior Member
 
JimThias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 9,745
Default

Same train, same light, vastly different processing. One looks bland, the other looks juiced. Reality was probably somewhere in between. Quite a difference in color with the bridge supports.

Image © J.A. Muscarella
PhotoID: 628691
Photograph © J.A. Muscarella

Image © Tracey Green
PhotoID: 628416
Photograph © Tracey Green
__________________
.
Rhymes with slice, rice and mice, and probably should be spelled like "Tice."

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
JimThias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:36 PM   #4
troy12n
Senior Member
 
troy12n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,347
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThias View Post
Same train, same light, vastly different processing. One looks bland, the other looks juiced. Reality was probably somewhere in between. Quite a difference in color with the bridge supports.

Image © Tracey Green
PhotoID: 628416
Photograph © Tracey Green
Yeah, holy oversaturation Batman!
__________________
My RP.net photos
troy12n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:08 PM   #5
RobJor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 474
Default

Most of the thread is gone?? At least on my computer.

Bob
RobJor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 02:01 AM   #6
Joseph Cermak
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cleveland, Rochester, Erie
Posts: 295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJor View Post
Most of the thread is gone?? At least on my computer.

Bob
I think this is just a different thread than you may be thinking of. These seem to be remade fairly often
Joseph Cermak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 02:02 AM   #7
Joseph Cermak
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cleveland, Rochester, Erie
Posts: 295
Default

I decided to make an album for these times where we see the same scene and train from different photographers. If anyone finds more examples of this, please post them or let me know so I can add them to the album. I always find it interesting to see how different people compose and process a shot when presented with exactly the same opportunity and conditions.
http://www.railpictures.net/album/4098/
Joseph Cermak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:12 AM   #8
JimThias
Senior Member
 
JimThias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 9,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Cermak View Post
I decided to make an album for these times where we see the same scene and train from different photographers. If anyone finds more examples of this, please post them or let me know so I can add them to the album. I always find it interesting to see how different people compose and process a shot when presented with exactly the same opportunity and conditions.
http://www.railpictures.net/album/4098/
What in the world? How in the hell did two people miff this shot equally bad??

Image © Nolan Majcher
PhotoID: 631174
Photograph © Nolan Majcher


Image © Chicago Line Railfan
PhotoID: 630928
Photograph © Chicago Line Railfan
__________________
.
Rhymes with slice, rice and mice, and probably should be spelled like "Tice."

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
JimThias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:17 PM   #9
abr
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 60
Default

It's so nice that they accepted it twice .

Image © Adrian Corus
PhotoID: 641252
Photograph © Adrian Corus


Image © Adrian Corus
PhotoID: 641297
Photograph © Adrian Corus
abr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:52 PM   #10
Noct Foamer
Senior Member
 
Noct Foamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abr View Post
It's so nice that they accepted it twice .

Meanwhile, poor old Baggy Dave can't even get them accepted once.


Kent in SD
Noct Foamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:07 AM   #11
baggydave
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 206
Default

Image © davehewitt
PhotoID: 641323
Photograph © davehewitt

I've had my one for the month I'm not complaining!!!
baggydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:28 PM   #12
abr
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abr View Post
It's so nice that they accepted it twice .

Image © Adrian Corus
PhotoID: 641252
Photograph © Adrian Corus


Image © Adrian Corus
PhotoID: 641297
Photograph © Adrian Corus
Apparently the bottom image changed overnight...
abr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.