Old 06-23-2008, 11:54 PM   #1
Walter S

Send a message via AIM to Walter S
Default Shay #6 to Elkins, WV "Whose coming?"

The Historic Elkins Depot Centennial trip from Cass, WV to Elkins, WV is now only weeks away. There are very few tickets left for both Thursday and Sunday trips! Dont miss your chance to ride on what could be a once in a lifetime excursion down some of the most scenic and breathtaking rails in the East. Trips include (3) meals, complimentary water and snacks, a brass tag souvenir and excusrion trip guide plus runbys at never before done locations with a steam locomotive. The trip will take around 11 hours. Hope to see you there!!!

For more information visit: http://msrlha.org/elkins-steam.html

Built for Western Maryland coal service Shay #6 was shipped to Elkins, West Virginia May 14, 1945 for use on the 9% grade on the Chaffe branch. Shay #6 was the last Shay ever built. The locomotive's commercial life was short, lasting only four years. #6 was then stored and finally donated to the Baltimore & Ohio Museum in Baltimore, MD, where it remained for 26 years.

Last edited by Walter S; 07-02-2008 at 01:01 AM.
Walter S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:08 AM   #2
Flowing

Walter, I owe it to you for giving me an early heads-up on this trip. I will be riding the Sunday trip, and shooting from trackside during the short trips on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. Saturday afternoon I am going to take time to explore some of the other railroads in the area. And of course I will be at the night shoots too. Thanks again and hope to run into you up there.
Flowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:27 AM   #3
Walter S

Should be a fun and exciting trip. Looking forward to hopefully meeting you!!
Old 07-02-2008, 01:02 AM   #4
Walter S

Default Anyone else coming?

Anyone else around here coming on the trip?
Old 07-02-2008, 02:58 PM   #5
KevinM

Hi Walter,

I will be in Elkins that weekend. Southwest owes me a freebie for the lost luggage fiasco from my last Cass trip. Given that the short trips won't be doing any run-bys, I will probably chase those days...or go down to Durbin. I'm still not happy with the "Rocket" stuff I got with two previous visits.

As for Sunday.... I'm still considering taking the ride, but have not had great luck with photo charters this year. The minute I sign up, the locomotive will promptly break an axle and there will be a flood of biblical proportions. I think I should publish a list of the places I'm going, so the others here can AVOID them!

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Lots of Steam Railroad stuff there from all over the US.
KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 03:27 PM   #6
Walter S

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM
The minute I sign up, the locomotive will promptly break an axle and there will be a flood of biblical proportions. I think I should publish a list of the places I'm going, so the others here can AVOID them!
STAY AWAY! Uhh I think just chasing would be an awesome idea for you, so many places, who needs to ride anyway hehehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM
Hi Walter,

I will be in Elkins that weekend. Southwest owes me a freebie for the lost luggage fiasco from my last Cass trip. Given that the short trips won't be doing any run-bys, I will probably chase those days...or go down to Durbin. I'm still not happy with the "Rocket" stuff I got with two previous visits.

The short trips to the tunnel are a little hard to chase and there arent many locations. Locations are plentiful on the way to Belington, just fin me and I can help you. Good luck on the flight.