Old 03-13-2021, 10:28 PM   #1
Milepost 58

Default Railpictures messages to other members

So I just sent a message to a photographer on the site. I was asking about purchasing a print of one of his photos. After I hit send, it said that the moderators had to approve my message before sending to him. You mean they actually read your private messages? I have nothing to hide but that seems odd.
Milepost 58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 12:46 PM   #2
18 316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milepost 58 View Post
So I just sent a message to a photographer on the site. I was asking about purchasing a print of one of his photos. After I hit send, it said that the moderators had to approve my message before sending to him. You mean they actually read your private messages? I have nothing to hide but that seems odd.
If there have been past instances of spam or abuse, I can understand it. But, this is not DM, your message goes to the other poster's email, and if he replies you, it will be to your private email, so from then on, your conversation won't be monitored. What I find less optimal is that, unlike with comments, you won't get a notification about passing the moderation, the only sign will be the eventual reply you get (once I thought the moderator must have stopped my email when no reply came for a week, turned out the other poster was just busy).
18 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 05:08 PM   #3
Milepost 58

Right, that is frustrating that I don't know if it went through or not. Sometimes things that require moderation take a while, which is understandable considering the size of the site, but I was hoping I would at least know that it was sent. Hopefully I didn't go to a spam folder somewhere.
Milepost 58 is offline   Reply With Quote