Old 01-23-2007, 02:03 AM   #1
B.Erdmann

Default more Rejections

ok when i have the day off i go to see whats going on at the railroad thne i find something intresting. the SD 45 is rare & i thought they make exceptiosn for rare units & the IC was as close as i could get. i took them on the besr quality.

if they reject them when i re do them i AM OFFICALY NOT GOING TO UPLOAD ANY MORE TO THIS SITE & I WILL NOT RECOMEND IT TO ANYONE.

like i said the screeners gave me crap once again. this does not make me happy. when i had the time to go & get photos they reject them. i think this site seems like you have to be a pro at it. & im only a BEGINER start from the bottom & i dont think this site should expect beginners to have it perfect off the top.
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=330047
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=330044

Check out my webiste
Http://brenterdmann.proboards80.com
B.Erdmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:48 AM   #2
Frederick

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Erdmann

Ok when i have the day off i go to see whats going on at the railroad then i find something interesting. the SD 45 is rare & i thought they make exceptions for rare units & the IC was as close as i could get. i took them on the best quality.

if they reject them when i re do them i AM OFFICIALY NOT GOING TO UPLOAD ANY MORE TO THIS SITE & I WILL NOT RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE.

Like i said the screeners gave me crap once again. this does not make me happy. when i had the time to go & get photos they reject them. i think this site seems like you have to be a pro at it. & I'm only a BEGINNER start from the bottom & i don't think this site should expect beginners to have it perfect off the top.
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=330047
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=330044
If you ever want photos on this site, then you have to listen to the advice we give you, and use your rejections as a guideline to improve your shots.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net is a fine place to upload photos that aren't good enough for Railpics.

Flickr Account

Last edited by Frederick; 01-23-2007 at 02:53 AM.
Frederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:01 AM   #3
JRMDC

Quote:

if they reject them when i re do them i AM OFFICALY NOT GOING TO UPLOAD ANY MORE TO THIS SITE & I WILL NOT RECOMEND IT TO ANYONE.
I thought you were already long gone?

Seriously, why are you asking for our help? When we give it, you blow us off and give us attitude. You give the site attitude when it is one of the best ways for you to get better (and you do need to get better if you want, not just to have shots be accepted at RP, but to become A BETTER PHOTOGRAPHER).

I can't believe you are actually posting here again given your past history and attitude. Seriously, what are you trying to achieve with your post. Honestly, I have no idea. You don't ask for help, even. You just show some pictures that show you have not learned anything, and you give the site a dose of your attitude. WHAT DO YOU WANT?

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
JRMDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:17 AM   #4
F40PH271

Quote:
i think this site seems like you have to be a pro at it. & im only a BEGINER start from the bottom & i dont think this site should expect beginners to have it perfect off the top.
[/url]
Then how do you ever plan on getting better?

If you expect RP to accept those two photos after you "redo" them, don't even bother.

Bye (again)
F40PH271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:42 AM   #5
Mark Rosnick

Default More rejections

You said that you were done with RP.net. You had dozens of people trying to help you out, and all you did was rip on us. Your latest rejects look like all of the other rejects. If you want to become a better photographer, listen to the advice that we're all giving you, and don't cop an attitude. You may just learn something and become a better photographer.
Mark Rosnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:03 AM   #6
Warren

Send a message via MSN to Warren

Quote:
I bet they are extremely worried they have seen your website! But seriously is this some kinda joke? This guy can't be for real. Can he?
Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:04 AM   #7
Andrew Blaszczyk (2)

Send a message via AIM to Andrew Blaszczyk (2) Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Blaszczyk (2)

Quote:
: if they reject them when i re do them i AM OFFICALY NOT GOING TO UPLOAD ANY MORE TO THIS SITE & I WILL NOT RECOMEND IT TO ANYONE.
I'm sorry the advice many of us put time into typing out went right over your head I doubt you even read what we wrote and tried to explain. Not recommending RP or griping (complaining) about it with your little buddies won't help. There are how many THOUSAND different visitors from all over the world visiting RP every day. A group of teenagers who think their shots are God's gift to the world not looking at the site won't put a dent in...well..anything. The majority of people already know about the site whether their opinion is good or bad so it won't be news to them.

Quote:
im only a BEGINER...
Obviously.

And...bye.

"My camera is an artistic medium, not a tool of terrorism."

www.ab2photography.com Coming soon!
My photos on RailPictures:
http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=960
Andrew Blaszczyk (2) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:05 AM   #8
Andrew Blaszczyk (2)

Send a message via AIM to Andrew Blaszczyk (2) Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Blaszczyk (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
I bet they are extremely worried they have seen your website! But seriously is this some kinda joke? This guy can't be for real. Can he?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That view counter keeps rolling over there doesn't it! That was great, Warren.

Old 01-23-2007, 04:12 AM   #9
Chris Starnes
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by F40PH271
If you expect RP to accept those two photos after you "redo" them, don't even bother.
Just to confirm this point, nothing you do to these images will make them acceptable. Your best course of action at this point is move on to other places. Future submissoins of these images or similar quality images will be a waste of your (and our) time.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:56 AM   #10
Studogg120

Quote:
im only a BEGINER
I'm only a beginner too, that's what I'm here. And I have learned a whole lot from better photographers.
Studogg120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:48 AM   #11
PLEzero

Your photos are not good. Apparently you did not read our advice before.

I thought you already left?

Bye-bye.
My RP.net Photos
PLEzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:55 PM   #12
4kV

Location: Homeless, alcoholic drifter with no permanent address

Quote:

I'm sure you will turn away dozens of pro photographers from this site by not recommending it.

Quote:
like i said the screeners gave me crap once again. this does not make me happy. when i had the time to go & get photos they reject them. i think this site seems like you have to be a pro at it. & im only a BEGINER start from the bottom & i dont think this site should expect beginners to have it perfect off the top.
Actually, I think you gave the screeners crap by submitting it in the first place. And the mentality that you are a beginner and they should accept that is downright moronic at best.

By your logic, or lack thereof, I should be able to waltz right into the St. Louis Cardinals office and demand I be placed on the team. Well, yes, I completely suck at baseball, and I haven't played in a while, but they should accept that.

I am a beginning guitar player, too. I can't change a chord to save my ass. I can't pick. I can't strum worth a shit. My two hands don't even work in a coordinated fashion, and if you give me a guitar right now, my playing sounds more like two cats in heat having a fight in a metal trashcan. You know what? I think I am going to join the Rolling Stones. I'll demand they let me in. Sure, I suck, but they should accept the fact I am not good at it and just let me in.

Dude, this site does not expect beginners to have it perfect right away. Neither do the Saint Louis Cardinals or the Rolling Stones. But they also don't necessarily have to have anything to do with you.

And since you are a "BEGINER start from bottom," with the attitude that you have so far conveyed, I'm guessing you are either going to stay there on the bottom, or find a creative way to dig a hole in the bottom and drop even further. I have a four year old kid who acts more mature than this.

Like I said before, I am not sure why I am even wasting my time responding, but why not, eh? Look at the site. Do you see anything on here like you are trying to submit? Are there any wedgie roster shots with the front end of the engine cut off? Crooked like yours? Completely dull, cloudy days of common engines, or for that matter, even uncommon engines? It looks like you take a camera along and press a button. Anyone can do that. The above mentioned four year old did that, with the results you may expect from one that age. For a good photograph, it takes a little bit of practice, discipline, forethought, sometimes an alignment of circumstances over which you have no control, and most importantly, some better attitude. Anyone can take a picture. All you need is a camera and a finger to press the button.

And please be sure to let us all know when you actually "officially" leave. We're all dying to know of your "official" departure.

Click on n691lf.rrpicturearchives.net for a good laugh and waste of your time.

Last edited by 4kV; 01-23-2007 at 03:06 PM.
4kV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:45 PM   #13
jfusaro

brent--

please don't leave!

this is waaay too entertaining!

by the way... where did you sign up for the "kim jong il" course in diplomacy?

is it web-based?

i'm wanting to brush-up on my people skills...

jeffrey fusaro
jfusaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:56 PM   #14
jdirelan87

I'll never understand how these wangs look at photos in the database and come to the conclusion that their junk is on the same level
jdirelan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:27 PM   #15
Andrew Blaszczyk (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kV
By your logic, or lack thereof, I should be able to waltz right into the St. Louis Cardinals office and demand I be placed on the team. Well, yes, I completely suck at baseball, and I haven't played in a while, but they should accept that.
Well, Pat, I shall be seeing you when the Cardinals take on the Rockies. Since this new "accept all beginners" rule is in effect I think I'll take up baseball too! LOL

Quote:
Like I said before, I am not sure why I am even wasting my time responding, but why not, eh?
Because some people actually read the posts and either learn something or get a good laugh out of it. Like was mentioned in an earlier post this thread is basically for entertainment purposes.

Quote:
Look at the site. Do you see anything on here like you are trying to submit? Are there any wedgie roster shots with the front end of the engine cut off? Crooked like yours? Completely dull, cloudy days of common engines, or for that matter, even uncommon engines?
The sad part is that he thinks his horrible photos are just as good as the ones on RP when clearly they aren't even close! In fact everyone that I've ever heard bash RP has the same mentality when 95% of the time their photos don't hold a candle to the shots here.

It is ridiculous to say that only profession photos get accepted and it is not fair to beginners. I'm not a professional I just know how to use my eyes and my brain and most importantly my [camera] equipment when I'm trackside. I have taken some pretty crappy shots which I'm glad I took do to the rarity of the equipment or location but they will never be seen on RP at least for a few decades. The unwritten "rule(s)" are pretty easy to understand: if there is a similar shot of a particular engine/train/location on already why upload it?

I hate to see someone have such a poor attitude and know that his work (even if it improves) will probably never be seen or recognized outside of his little group or from the "viewers" of whatever site he choses.

I'm "officially" done with my post.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:32 PM   #16
IC 6071

Send a message via Yahoo to IC 6071

Brent, you REALLY need to grow up. The screeners are not giving you crap, they are speaking the truth, the photos you've shown us so far are far from anywhere close to being acceptable for this site. BYE-BYE!

May the CCP the WC and the IC LIVE ON
IC 6071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:29 AM   #17
Switched out

Quote:

like i said the screeners gave me crap once again. this does not make me happy.

Switched out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:45 AM   #18
John Fladung
JohnFladung.net

Talking

I'm not seeing too many shoulders to cry on out there...
John Fladung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:25 PM   #19
rlfranz

Brent: Grow up and get a life, and stop feeling victimized.

If your are truly interested in improving your photos you are well-advised to take heed of the advice offered in this forum. Many have offered suggestions which you have obviously ignored.

Look at your photos and the ones that are accepted to the RP database and ask yourself "how do mine compare?"

You are becoming very tedious with your complaining about your photos which are obviously cr@p.

Read and heed the advice that the forum administrator and others have offered.

If not, then good bye and good luck.

You need to disappear and go away from this site. You have nothing to offer.

Last edited by rlfranz; 01-25-2007 at 10:12 PM.
rlfranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:28 PM   #20
Bunn19

I'm a beginner too, I've only been taking pictures of trains for less than a year. Yeah, the first pictures I submitted here sucked, and got rejected. But I worked on my photography, asked a few questions around here and finally got a photo accepted. Now I have 5 in the database and my photography gets a little better everytime I go take pictures. B.Erdmann, if you would listen to the advice the people on here have to give you and make an attempt to improve your photography, you might actually learn something and get a picture accepted. You'll find that taking good pictures gets easier the more you do it and the more you learn.
Bunn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:45 PM   #21
jason15c

Thumbs down Early Beginnings

When I first began taking rail pics in the 1980's, there was no internet where I could hold up my pics and ask for advise. As a result, I spent a very long time taking pictures that totally blew! It must be so much better nowadays for the up and coming photographer to make use of forums like this and websites like railpictures.net where they can ask where they are going wrong, and get loads of advise that will make them better faster. What a shame that this Brent guy doesn't seem to be able to take in any good advise and would rather choose to winge when everyone says his phots suck, even though they are telling him WHY they suck!

Jason
jason15c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:12 PM   #22
JRMDC

You didn't seem to notice that this thread had died a normal death 11 days ago!

Oops, I extended its life also!

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
JRMDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:35 AM   #23
Andrew Blaszczyk (2)

I noticed it was brought back to life too. Uh oh....I guess this isn't helping.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:36 AM   #24
Andrew Blaszczyk (2)

Remember though, there still are "beginners" reading through these forums looking for advice without asking about it. It's good to hear stories from those who have found the advice of the "expert panel" (hahaha) helpful.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:21 PM   #25
JruDouglas

Send a message via MSN to JruDouglas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net is a fine place to upload photos that aren't good enough for Railpics.
except they can only allow a certain number of new members per month, something like 20
JruDouglas is offline   Reply With Quote