Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2016, 06:50 PM   #1
John Russell - NZ

Default What is wrong with cloudy day photos?

It seems that there's not a lot of hope for cloudy day photos (or slightly back-lit or side lit photos) - even special trips with heritage units for which one needs to accept whatever weather is on the day. I have had this photo and others rejected before yet I see so many others make it in - even a few of mine which prove to be among the most popular. How much light is enough? I have had photo rejection for not enough light on the nose where there is distinct grab iron shadow on the nose. This photo has been more popular on Flickr.com than most of my sunny shots. I guess it's just screener preference. But is there any editing enhancements recommended for such photos?

Sorry, the link to photo rejection does not work (nor can it be found in rejected photos under my profile - this is now also typical.) So instead I paste the rejection reason from notification and attach the image that was submitted.

Photo ID 1538423 was rejected from the database.
Railroad: Pahiatua Railcar Society
Locomotive: RM

Reason(s) for Rejection:

- Lighting (Cloudy): Cloudy day shots of common/standard power, as well as cloudy images of common/standard angles and scenes, are generally not accepted.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...23&key=3656435
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RM 31 passes through countryside between Pahiatua and Hukanui bound for Pahiatua.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	9311  

Last edited by John Russell - NZ; 12-08-2016 at 10:43 AM. Reason: photo rejection link failure
John Russell - NZ is offline   Reply With Quote