Old 11-06-2010, 02:59 AM   #1
Dan Tracy

Red face Monitor Calibration

How often does one calibrate their monitor? I do mine once every two weeks with Spyder 3 Express. What programs do you find that may be more accurate. I've heard of people with Macs say they don't have to calibrate theirs but the girls at the office (Publisher) state they calibrate their Macs every week. I've noticed on my PC (I run Windows 7 Home Edition) that the colors do shift in that two week period. Anyone else experience this? Dan
Dan Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:55 AM   #2
qnyla

I calibrate my monitor (NEC LCD2690WUXi) every 60 days or so. The monitor came bundled with an Xrite EyeOne 2 colorimeter device and NEC Spectraview II software. I usually see only a small shift in 60 days, but have seen a larger shift on a couple of occasions. Previous monitors I have owned (now in service on the kids computers) have exhibited larger shifts in shorter time frames.

No need to calibrate because it is a Mac? Pure BS.

Last edited by qnyla; 11-09-2010 at 03:58 AM.
qnyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 06:16 AM   #3
Indecline

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnyla View Post
I calibrate my monitor (NEC LCD2690WUXi) every 60 days or so. The monitor came bundled with an Xrite EyeOne 2 colorimeter device and NEC Spectraview II software. I usually see only a small shift in 60 days, but have seen a larger shift on a couple of occasions. Previous monitors I have owned (now in service on the kids computers) have exhibited larger shifts in shorter time frames.

No need to calibrate because it is a Mac? Pure BS.
I have the same monitor - it didn't come with the colormeter - but I think it has the software. Any thoughts about the software? Currently I use the Spyder 2 and it seems to make little, if any significant difference. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks.
Indecline is offline   Reply With Quote