Old 08-26-2014, 04:25 AM   #26
JimThias
Senior Member
 
JimThias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 9,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMDC View Post
Good one, Jim! Although my posts are usually not of the combative sort.

And you are catching up! Thanks to, in part, your oh-so-important grammatical nit-picks!
Yes, I think I am catching up. That's because I'm a loser who spends all of about 5 minutes a day posting on this forum, unlike the winners who stand trackside for hours at a time photographing trains.
__________________
.
Rhymes with slice, rice and mice, and probably should be spelled like "Tice."

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
JimThias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:17 AM   #27
sd9
Senior Member
 
sd9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForce View Post
I think he affirmed it was PAQ with the thread title...
Not sure why you wouldn't just post the link to the photo?
and ditto to what Freericks said
sd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:57 AM   #28
miningcamper1
Senior Member
 
miningcamper1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd9 View Post
Not sure why you wouldn't just post the link to the photo?
Being able to view it 7 days from now rather than wondering what the thread was about, perhaps?
__________________
flickr photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/11947249@N03/

RP Photos: www.railpictures.net/miningcamper1/

Last edited by miningcamper1; 08-26-2014 at 07:59 AM. Reason: correction
miningcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:34 PM   #29
sd9
Senior Member
 
sd9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miningcamper1 View Post
Being able to view it 7 days from now rather than wondering what the thread was about, perhaps?
after seven days most of these threads veer way off course
sd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:44 PM   #30
miningcamper1
Senior Member
 
miningcamper1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd9 View Post
after seven days most of these threads veer way off course
Well, what's the sense of archiving threads if the picture in question has been deleted?
__________________
flickr photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/11947249@N03/

RP Photos: www.railpictures.net/miningcamper1/
miningcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:54 PM   #31
bigbassloyd
Senior Member
 
bigbassloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hilldale, West Virginia
Posts: 3,740
Default

I stop caring about day 2, so I'm fine

Loyd L.
__________________
Social Media elevates the absurd and mediocre to a point where they aren't anymore, and that is a tragedy.

My personal photography site
bigbassloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:31 PM   #32
sd9
Senior Member
 
sd9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miningcamper1 View Post
Well, what's the sense of archiving threads if the picture in question has been deleted?
archiving threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassloyd View Post
I stop caring about day 2, so I'm fine

Loyd L.
sd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:41 PM   #33
miningcamper1
Senior Member
 
miningcamper1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd9 View Post
archiving threads?
I'm sure you've noticed that all 10,000+ threads are archived right here, a couple of clicks away!
__________________
flickr photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/11947249@N03/

RP Photos: www.railpictures.net/miningcamper1/
miningcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:59 PM   #34
MagnumForce
Senior Member
 
MagnumForce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd9 View Post
Not sure why you wouldn't just post the link to the photo?
and ditto to what Freericks said
Is there something someone doesn't bitch about here? No one in particular, all of us.
__________________
-Brent Kneebush
Defiance, Ohio
MagnumForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:39 PM   #35
CSX1702
Senior Member
 
CSX1702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 1,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForce View Post
Is there something someone doesn't bitch about here? No one in particular, all of us.
GP30's?


I get your point though.
__________________
Derek

Flickr

Out Of Place Album
CSX1702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:42 AM   #36
MagnumForce
Senior Member
 
MagnumForce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSX1702 View Post
GP30's?


I get your point though.
I believe we had a discussion about the Aiken GP30's and people talking about how awful the paint scheme looked. Maybe that wasn't here, it was somewhere though.

Foamers
__________________
-Brent Kneebush
Defiance, Ohio
MagnumForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:29 AM   #37
CSX1702
Senior Member
 
CSX1702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 1,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForce View Post
I believe we had a discussion about the Aiken GP30's and people talking about how awful the paint scheme looked. Maybe that wasn't here, it was somewhere though.

Foamers
Well, then yeah everything is complained about by someone.

And those people are crazy because the Aiken's look great.
__________________
Derek

Flickr

Out Of Place Album
CSX1702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 04:36 AM   #38
Dennis A. Livesey
Senior Member
 
Dennis A. Livesey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,985
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PArailfan View Post
You assume I know nothing about the site. Why, because I don't have 10,654 posts like you? You know what they say about assuming too much. You are too eager jump on a post without being civil. A senior member would behave better, I would hope. From seeing these replies, I realize this site and the users have very little interest or tolerance for MOW photos. There are sites that do, and I am better suited to use those ones from now on. NOW my communication is not likely to ensue, because I'm done here, wasting this website's time, and my own.
Spoken like a true juvenile.

You must develop a thicker skin in order to deal with what life will throw you.

J offered an honest, sincere, constructive opinion. It was something useful that can help you grow as a photographer.

It is not worthless like relatives/friends saying "Oh, you are such a good photographer!"

If you persist in such attitude, please, PLEASE leave.

Or you can sit here, take a lump or two, learn, and you will grow.

Dozens have learned here including myself. Please look at my stuff and you will see it getting better over time. I credit RP, and the folks here, like Janusz, for helping me be the shooter I am today.
__________________
Dennis

I Foam Therefore I Am.

My pix on RailPics:

I am on Flickr as well:

"Dennis is such a God, he could do that with a camera obscura and some homemade acetate." Holloran Grade

"To me it looks drawn in in Paintshop. It looks like a puddle of orange on the sky." SFO777
Dennis A. Livesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 04:53 AM   #39
lalam
Senior Member
 
lalam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Pune, India
Posts: 177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis A. Livesey View Post
I credit RP, and the folks here, like Janusz, for helping me be the shooter I am today.
Same here.
lalam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 04:56 AM   #40
Joe the Photog
Senior Member
 
Joe the Photog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 7,899
Default

The Aiken GP30s look great! Cant wait to get back down there soon!

Image ©
PhotoID:
Photograph ©

Image ©
PhotoID:
Photograph ©

Image ©
PhotoID:
Photograph ©


Case closed!
__________________
Joe the Photog Dot Com
Joe the Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:16 PM   #41
Sean Mathews
Senior Member
 
Sean Mathews's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 102
Default

Just happened upon this thread. Finally remembered my password, etc.

I can understand the OPs' frustrations, but he lashed out at the wrong people and for the wrong reasons.

If artsy was accepted, I'd have a lot more than the meager amount of photos that I have. I like the human element in railroading, and artsy, because that's my photo style.

But as some of you here have helped me out, and helped me to realize, that's not always what its about, and you need to understand RP. I've been posting on RP since 2006, though under a different name in the early days.

I have seen artsy get rejected, accepted and marveled how someone else's shot of the date stamp on a rail can wind up accepted while mine is rejected.

Best photo I've ever seen on this site was the door that got a PCA.

I think it is almost like a casino. Its luck of the draw in the screener you get, what he wants and his mood. No point in getting angry over it as the OP did. Either polish the photo and resubmit, or move on.
Sean Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.