Old 04-25-2013, 05:01 AM   #26
ACR_Ted

How does one report this theft to Flickr??? Clicking on the copyright/IP link takes me to a Microsoft site...I do not have a Flickr account though. I did put some comments about this jerk in the comments section though . This pirate even copied the exif date on my photo.

Hmmm....now I see my comment was already deleted! And I did finally find the link to report this, and I have done so.

Thanks for the heads up!

Ted

Last edited by ACR_Ted; 04-25-2013 at 05:11 AM.
ACR_Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:06 AM   #27
Holloran Grade
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgoldman View Post
OK - make it stealing pens from work.

/Mitch
It is not stealing if the pens have the business name, address and phone number on them and you leave them places.

It is advertising.
Holloran Grade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:22 AM   #28
Mgoldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holloran Grade View Post
It is not stealing if the pens have the business name, address and phone number on them and you leave them places.

It is advertising.
Exactly.

/Mitch
Mgoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:29 AM   #29
Holloran Grade
Banned

Lightbulb A Bigger Question of Fairness.

Which now begs the question for those who work for an employer:

When at work, how much hand soap, how many paper towels and how many sheets of toilet paper are you allocated to use by the company on a daily basis?

And if you come to work with diarrhea one day, are you supposed to bring extra paper and supplies from home, or should you let your employer know about your surcharged use of the company restroom supplies so that it may be deducted from your pay, or you can work a little extra to pay it off.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #30
JimThias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holloran Grade View Post
Which now begs the question for those who work for an employer:

When at work, how many sheets of toilet paper are you allocated to use by the company on a daily basis?
Until my *** is clean.
JimThias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #31
Joe the Photog
A dude with a camera

So now we're saying stealing pens from work is the same thing as of taking someone's photo from where they placed it on line and putting it somewhere else? Really? And you think one is the same as the other?
Old 04-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #32
Holloran Grade
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThias View Post
Until my *** is clean.
You' re unit, or "your" unit?
Old 04-25-2013, 07:43 PM   #33
Mgoldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
So now we're saying stealing pens from work is the same thing as of taking someone's photo from where they placed it on line and putting it somewhere else? Really? And you think one is the same as the other?
I'm saying this particular case seems to be rather trivial and I'm assuming it to be an issue with no malice intended.

I'll concede to your point that you prefer to maintain control of where your images appear - say you swear off RP or TO's, ect., after some argument with admin and then someone posts your collection, even with credit, back to the site...

/Mitch
Mgoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #34
ACR_Ted

Nikos1 - how long did it take Flickr to respond to your complaint?? I sent my complaint in last evening and as of now (1:30pm AZ time) they have not responded and my stolen photo is still there.

Thanks!

Ted
Old 04-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #35
Ween

I sent my e-mail in last night at 2258L AK time and received a response today at 1453L AK time. Here's what the e-mail said:

Quote:
Hello Chris,

Thank you for reporting this incident to Yahoo!. We have taken the appropriate action.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Regards,

Copyright/IP Agent, Yahoo! Inc.
I guess the "appropriate action" was to do nothing since, as of this writing, the photo in question is still posted in this person's Photostream...
Old 04-26-2013, 02:33 AM   #36
Noct Foamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
I'd wager that the person who created that Flickr site is probably a relatively young person.
I agree. It's a generation that has come to believe that everything is "public domain" on the internet. I started looking to see if any of my shots were on there, but lost interest after flipping through just three pages.

Kent in SD
Noct Foamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:41 AM   #37
Holloran Grade
Banned

Talking

Seems like these people grab pictures from ya'all back East more than out here in the desert.

I assume that is due to the over abundance of EMD products rolling around back there.

Los Angeles - land of the GEVO and GENSET.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:17 AM   #38
ACR_Ted

Still no reply from the yahoos at Flickr (!) so I just sent a second notice to them. If no reply is received soon I will then fax a DMCA notice using a form I found on a photo lawyer's website.

I also signed up for a Flickr account just so I can post comments about theft, which I just did! It is my Copper Basin roster shot of the 302 on page 6 if anyone else wants to make some remarks!

Ted
Old 04-26-2013, 04:00 AM   #39
nikos1

I got the first notice within minutes asking for the good faith statement and the other thing. After I sent them that it took about a day.

Wedge shots of blue HLCX SD60's http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=7861

More wedge shots of blue HLCX SD60's http://nikos1.rrpicturearchives.net/

Video wedge shots of blue HLCX SD60's
http://youtube.com/profile?user=nikosjk1
nikos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #40
Ween

I e-mailed Yahoo! back asking what the "appropriate action" was since my photo's still displayed...
Old 04-26-2013, 09:09 AM   #41
Ween

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noct Foamer View Post
I started looking to see if any of my shots were on there, but lost interest after flipping through just three pages.

Kent in SD
Considering all the photos on this Flickr page were lifted straight from RP, I'm surprised you flipped through three pages looking for one of your shots...
Old 04-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #42
KevinM

I'm a little surprised that the Flickr people haven't just shut the page down. When you receive multiple requests from viewers to remove images because of copyright infringement (and the place-holder for removed images says just that), you'd think they'd have looked at the copyright bar at the bottom of all of them and come to the conclusion that ALL of the images on the page were likely lifted from RP without permission.

Of course, these days, businesses typically do the absolute minimum they feel they can get away with when it comes to anything from customer satisfaction to complying with laws that are as wishy-washy as the copyright law. After all, the onus isn't on them until they receive a specific, "sworn" complaint from each and every last one of us.

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Albums from Steam Railroads all over the US.
KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #43
Noct Foamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ween View Post
Considering all the photos on this Flickr page were lifted straight from RP, I'm surprised you flipped through three pages looking for one of your shots...

I didn't assume all came only from RP? There seems to be a number of these kinds of Flickr pages. From time to time I get a request from someone to use one of mine. I usually don't care when they ask.

Kent in SD

Last edited by Noct Foamer; 04-26-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Noct Foamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #44
ACR_Ted

Success! Finally after 2 emails and a phone call, they have removed my pirated photo. I do note though that they have left this pirate's other stolen photos up, even though I did mention to them to look at the other photos complete with the RP copyright notice. But not being the copyright owner of those photos I guess Flickr isn't going to do anything about it.

Ted
Old 04-27-2013, 04:16 AM   #45
Ween

Received word at 1632L that my photo in question was removed:

Quote:
Hello Chris,

Thank you for writing to us. The reported image has been removed.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Regards,

Copyright/IP Agent, Yahoo! Inc.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:11 AM   #46
ACR_Ted

Only one of them has been removed Chris, at least as of 10 pm AZ time on the 26th. Maybe they require a separate notice for each photo? And I must say you are more polite than I am in the comments .

As Noct Foamer said, if someone asks to use one of my photos, I will always give permission *as long as* proper credit is given!

Ted
Old 04-27-2013, 07:19 AM   #47
Ween

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACR_Ted View Post
Only one of them has been removed Chris, at least as of 10 pm AZ time on the 26th. Maybe they require a separate notice for each photo? And I must say you are more polite than I am in the comments .

As Noct Foamer said, if someone asks to use one of my photos, I will always give permission *as long as* proper credit is given!

Ted
Yeah, I just sent in the second Notice after the first photo was removed...I didn't want them getting confused with my emails!
Old 04-30-2013, 03:41 AM   #48
troy12n
Banned

The site owners here can disable the ability to right click/save as if they choose to. It would prevent a lot of this stuff. Wont completely eliminate it for the educated and sneaky, but will prevent most of it.
troy12n is offline   Reply With Quote