Old 07-07-2010, 01:50 AM   #26
coborn35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThias View Post
His head may have been going forward, and with a slow enough shutter speed that blur would appear. I see some evidence of blurring around other areas of his head as well.

Max, do you really think they are intentionally playing games with you, or perhaps the screener just looked at it quickly and easily mistook it for being a fake blur? Did you use the California blur filter for that?

Come on, Max. You criticize Travis for indirectly calling you a liar, yet it's ok for you to criticize the screeners by indirectly calling them uneducated?
Absolutely different thing. I blatantly said that I did not manipulate but Travis felt that I, the photographer, was clearly kidding or lying. Also, for the record if you stop and think for a second why would a simulator have a green screen?
at the CA filter.

I'm not trying to be a jerk about this, but I just felt kinda peeved at the rejection reason. I'm not mad they aren't in, and i'm not mad at anyone on here.
I personally have had a problem with those trying to tell us to turn railroad photography into an "art form." It's fine for them to do so, I welcome it in fact, but what I do have a problem with is that the practitioners of the more "arty" shots, I have found, tend to look down their nose's at others who are shooting more "mundane" shots.
Railroad photography is what you make of it, but one way is not "better" than another, IMHO. Unless you have a pole right thought the nose of the engine! -SG
coborn35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:56 AM   #27
Ween

Max: get over it. Adding a blur effect in Photoshop to create the illusion of movement is pretty easy. A quick, cursory glance at your photo and it's easy to see how one could consider it DM. It *looks* faked.

Stop being butt-hurt and appeal it with an explanation.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:01 AM   #28
coborn35

No appeal, no one answered 10 plus emails spread out over 10 months about it.

I guess I have problems with the fact that the screeners automatically assume everyone is faking their shots. I know they only have time to look quick but if one is on the fence a 10 second glance is not hard. It CLEARLY is not photo shopped, anyone that is a screener on RP should be able to tell that. You cannot blur shadows in a circle in a reflection of a blur in a window filled with little holes.
I personally have had a problem with those trying to tell us to turn railroad photography into an "art form." It's fine for them to do so, I welcome it in fact, but what I do have a problem with is that the practitioners of the more "arty" shots, I have found, tend to look down their nose's at others who are shooting more "mundane" shots.
Railroad photography is what you make of it, but one way is not "better" than another, IMHO. Unless you have a pole right thought the nose of the engine! -SG
Old 07-07-2010, 02:25 AM   #29
Ween

You can do anything with Photoshop.

Also, the appeal function is there to give a more in-depth look, you know, to fix screener mistakes. If I'm reading your reply right, I don't understand your stubbornness in not appealing the shot?
Old 07-07-2010, 02:36 AM   #30
coborn35

I physically cant appeal. It was blocked about 15 months ago. I agree with you.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:43 AM   #31
Ween

Quote:
Originally Posted by coborn35 View Post
I physically cant appeal. It was blocked about 15 months ago.
I would be interested to find out why. And is this common? Was it an active block from the admin or are you using a non-IE browser or something "unusual' in your 'net configuration/computer set-up?
Old 07-07-2010, 02:53 AM   #32
cblaz

Quote:
I guess I have problems with the fact that the screeners automatically assume everyone is faking their shots...It CLEARLY is not photo shopped, anyone that is a screener on RP should be able to tell that. You cannot blur shadows in a circle in a reflection of a blur in a window filled with little holes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ween View Post
You can do anything with Photoshop.
Chris nailed it. Because of Photoshop and its ease of use, it's a fact of life now that everyone has to assume that every shot is faked. Just look at how many photo contests in pro magazines result in controversy when it is revealing that the winning shot is faked. If you don't like having your photos critiqued that way, don't post them where the public can view them, like on Facebook or RP or even in a gallery.

- Chris
/I guess since every photo charter is staged, that means I have a lot of fake shots in my portfolio.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:56 AM   #33
EMTRailfan

Location: I can be found railfanning the abandoned B&O Northern Sub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milwman View Post
His name and I didn't ask him if he wanted his name on the net so rubbed it out. Felt it was the right thing to do.
I would have just cloned it out like I did my nephew's:
Image © Kevin Ashbaugh
PhotoID: 250168
Photograph © Kevin Ashbaugh

The blur IS kind of distracting. Nice otherwise though.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:57 AM   #34
travsirocz

Send a message via AIM to travsirocz

I think making a mess of yourself on here everyday isn't the best choice for yourself. Trying to act tough as you berate the screeners daily probably isn't your best course. Then I am also the wrong guy to try and go toe to toe with and is a ridiculous idea along with any other member that has been here for a couple years or longer.

Like we should trust you as you are caught lying only a few posts into your thread. And yes, it does look like a long exposure of a scratch movie screen of horrible mush green foliage rolling by. Maybe you should have thought about your blurred backdrop while you were shooting?
If I were to call you out, everyone would know that I was. I said what I thought about the movie screen and posted it right after you posted that you lied and were in a trailing unit. Which I immediately posted
"If it was a trailing unit, what are the marks outside the window on top of the blurred green?"
which gave you a chance to clarify yourself which you never did.

Have fun here with yet another member against you.
travsirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:59 AM   #35
travsirocz

Quote:

I guess I have problems with the fact that the screeners automatically assume everyone is faking their shots. I know they only have time to look quick but if one is on the fence a 10 second glance is not hard. .
A 10 second explanation in the comment field also is not hard.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:01 AM   #36
travsirocz

Quote:
I physically cant appeal. It was blocked about 15 months ago. I agree with you.
They block you from appealing when you appeal every piece of sh*t shot that you get rejected and then fire shots daily at the screeners and site owners.

Last edited by travsirocz; 07-07-2010 at 03:04 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:08 AM   #37
travsirocz

Quote:
Chris, I wasn't aware you were with me when the shot was taken. I must have missed you next to me as Kale sat perfectly still in a rocking locomotive and didn't move his head whatsoever to cause a slight blur.
Yea, no blur there. His head looks like that in real life too, blow hard.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:13 AM   #38
travsirocz

Quote:
Also thanks to Dewitz for calling me a liar indirectly.
Not a problem. [tampon emoticon]
Old 07-07-2010, 03:17 AM   #39
travsirocz

Quote:
I physically cant appeal. It was blocked about 15 months ago.
I bet the screeners threw a party that night!
Old 07-07-2010, 03:23 AM   #40
mark woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by travsirocz View Post
They block you from appealing when you appeal every piece of sh*t shot that you get rejected and then fire shots daily at the screeners and site owners.
Guys lighten up its supposed to be an enjoyable hobby.
mark woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:21 AM   #41
nikos1

Both of you need a serious chill pill, esp. you travis so you can take the time to write everything in a one reply not 6 lol. Imo, just because you can get 100+ shots on in a row without a any rejections doesn't mean anyone can.
As for Max, sucks you cant appeal, but on the other hand i dont see the rush either when you just got your other cabshot on.
I think a bit of ego checking is in order...

Wedge shots of blue HLCX SD60's http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=7861

More wedge shots of blue HLCX SD60's http://nikos1.rrpicturearchives.net/

Video wedge shots of blue HLCX SD60's
http://youtube.com/profile?user=nikosjk1
nikos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:25 AM   #42
travsirocz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos1 View Post
Both of you need a serious chill pill, esp. you travis so you can take the time to write everything in a one reply not 6 lol
Yes, I am lazy and I am sure it caused a lot more work for the forum readers, but check out my webpage by clicking the link below.

Last edited by travsirocz; 07-07-2010 at 04:31 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:29 AM   #43
travsirocz

Quote:
Imo, just because you can get 100+ shots on in a row without a any rejections doesn't mean anyone can.
What's this? This is about Max complaining daily about the screeners and then lashing out at others. Sorry I didn't combine the two posts but my laziness comes and goes and it must have came during this.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:04 AM   #44
Chase55671
RailPictures.Net Crew

Send a message via AIM to Chase55671 Send a message via MSN to Chase55671

Quote:
Imo, just because you can get 100+ shots on in a row without a any rejections doesn't mean anyone can.
Are you implying Travis has special treatment? You also stateed that he had 100+ images accepted without any rejections. Last time I checked you were a contributor, not a screener nor Travis himself, therefore limiting you to only speculate on the discussion. For all you know, Travis may have had 250 rejections out of those 100 accepted or maybe 75 rejected. For you to seriously assume he had all 100+ accepted is crazy.

Chase
Click here to view my photos at Railpictures.Net
SLR Night Photography Tutorial | Railpictures.Net Beginners Guide
Chase55671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:05 AM   #45
cblaz

Quote:
Not a problem. [tampon emoticon]
I wonder what a tampon emoticon would look like? Would it just be picture of a bloody tampon, or would it have a little face on it too?

- Chris
/Does Google search for "tampon emoticon"
//No results
///Sad face
Old 07-07-2010, 12:03 PM   #46
coborn35

Show me where I criticize screeners daily. Also please show me where I lied. In addition, I am happy you never had a learning curve when you first started, and couldn't find the flaws in your photos. Also, I don't think all my shots are shitty, as you imply.

Last edited by coborn35; 07-07-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:08 PM   #47
travsirocz

I think you're capable of being able to read your own posts.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:11 PM   #48
travsirocz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblaz View Post
I wonder what a tampon emoticon would look like? Would it just be picture of a bloody tampon, or would it have a little face on it too?

- Chris
/Does Google search for "tampon emoticon"
//No results
///Sad face
I was hoping it had a string for a hat.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:47 PM   #49
coborn35

Quote:
I think you're capable of being able to read your own posts.
Yes I am, so please stop lying about my critisizing the screeners everyday. I also never lied about anything in this thread, so there's another lie for you to fess up too. I'm done with this thread. I apologize for acting like a jerk if I did, but at least Travis was right there with me.

Last edited by coborn35; 07-07-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:51 PM   #50
coborn35

Default Something

Quote:
I was hoping it had a string for a hat.
Whoops meant to be PM. Damn blackberry.
Max

Last edited by coborn35; 07-07-2010 at 01:54 PM.