Old 01-30-2005, 03:56 PM   #1
Guilford350

Default Funny...

My photo, http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=88159 , gets rejected for bad motive but then this one, http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=92757 , gets accepted. I don't get it. Mine actually has better lighting, too. Maybe cropping is the issue here?
Guilford350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:01 PM   #2
Ween

Hmmm, the 'Bad Motive' rejection is pretty weak, especially since that other shot got accepted. My guess is that is was rejected for either 'Photo Similar to One Already in Database' (or however that's worded) or like you said, 'Bad Cropping' since the sweeper is cutoff the frame.

As for lighting, the accepted shot's light is coming from the shooter's back right, so it's kind of dark near the front, but overall, it's in direct sunlight and appears bright. It looks like in your shot the sun is more favoring the front of the unit, but it doesn't look like it's any brighter or better.

Either way, that's some weird-looking equipment. When did CSX change their MoW colors from orange to snot green?
Old 01-30-2005, 10:45 PM   #3
Guilford350

I don't think it would have gotten rejected for "too similar" because I uploaded the photo yesterday afternoon, before the other photo. I just don't see how "bad motive" fits the photo.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:32 AM   #4
mojo628

Default Re: Funny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilford350
My photo, http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=88159 , gets rejected for bad motive but then this one, http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=92757 , gets accepted. I don't get it. Mine actually has better lighting, too. Maybe cropping is the issue here?
"Bad Motive".... that's a poor rejection description that seems to cause more confusion and questions for many who submit photos here than any help. I'm sure your motive for taking this picture was good.

Cropping might help but the second piece of equipment is close behind but it's that way in John's photo also. Perhaps having both pieces of equipment fully in the shot would work better although it appears there might be an obstruction starting to show in the lower right of the photograph that may have made that difficult for you.

As for the lighting I would have to disagree. John's photo shows the side of the blower in good lighting and detail is clearer in his shot than yours.

M.J.

"Beat to fit.... paint to match!!"
mojo628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:44 PM   #5
Guilford350

Well, it finally got accepted- http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=93273
Old 02-04-2005, 04:00 PM   #6
Lord Vader

That one slipped through accidently and will not be there long. DO NOT reupload previously rejected images unless you want your account closed.
Lord Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 04:47 PM   #7
Ken Carr
Senior Member: Vegasrails

Default Photo rules

So the rule at Rail Pictures now is once a photo is rejected, it stays rejected and cannot be resubmitted?? Regardless of what another screener thinks? Or the appeal procedures in place? I would prefer this being clarified by the site owner not a screener.

See what I do for fun along the rails and in the desert

See some of my slide shows

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!
Ken Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 04:53 PM   #8
mojo628

Default Re: Photo rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Carr
So the rule at Rail Pictures now is once a photo is rejected, it stays rejected and cannot be resubmitted?? Regardless of what another screener thinks? Or the appeal procedures in place? I would prefer this being clarified by the site owner not a screener.
Amen.

"Beat to fit.... paint to match!!"
mojo628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 07:03 PM   #9
Guilford350

I should probably state that the accepted one has been re-cropped, brightened, and sharpened slightly.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:33 PM   #10
Chris Starnes
Administrator

You are welcome to re-upload rejected photos IF you have improved the quality of the image. We have had some problems of people reuploading the same shots over and over hoping to "get a break".....that is the kind of action that could cause an account to be closed/banned.

Hope that clears things up....again.