Old 08-17-2007, 08:04 PM   #1
Mike B.
Banned
 
Mike B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,343
Default Why Do You Sumbit Photos Here?

I've been rethinking my stance on uploading photos to this site. With the exception of my two recent uploads, I haven't sent anything in for several months. It's not because I don't have the photos, it's because I don't have the motivation. So, please share why you upload photos here.
Is it just because you like to share your photos and hear positive things about them?
Nothing else to do with them?
Enlighten me.

Is anyone worried about the fact that someone can "steal" your photos and use them elsewhere with only a couple of clicks? Worried that the site will eventually become nothing?

Thanks.
Mike B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:24 PM   #2
JimThias
Senior Member
 
JimThias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 9,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B.
Is anyone worried about the fact that someone can "steal" your photos and use them elsewhere with only a couple of clicks?
Are you saying that overall, or particularly from rpnet's database? Are you concerned about people stealing pics from your site? I don't really worry about it here or anywhere else. If one of my photos showed up in a publication without my knowledge or permission, I might have an issue with that. But I really don't stress myself out worrying about that or letting it impact my decision to upload shots or not.

I share my pictures because I enjoy showing people my work. With ANYTHING you do in life, there is a bit of satisfaction that comes from knowing people appreciate your talents and/or abilities. There's nothing wrong with that and it's simple human nature. Plus, there's always the aspecet of people being critical of your work to the point that it pushes you to become better at it.

Sharing your work can be a valuable tool for progressing in your work, while at the same time provide satisfaction that people are enjoying the fruits of your labor.
JimThias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:10 PM   #3
Freericks
Met Fan
 
Freericks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,040
Default

I do it for the royalties and the chicks.

Okay - I do it because upon realizing that I have decades of slides to scan, and there's some nice shots in there (about one out of fifty) that not only no one else has ever seen, but in some case I don't even remember taking... it hit me, what was the point of doing all the work to get this or that shot only to have it sit in my closet? (Or in the case of newer pics, to have it sit on my hard drive.) Only by posting will I be able to share what I've done and some of my experiences.

If someone steals one of my pictures, what are they going to do with it? If they publish it, they'll get nailed (I have the slide, or the full sized JPeG, which no one else could possibly have).

If they take one of my pics to put on their own computer... that doesn't really bother me.

Last edited by Freericks; 08-17-2007 at 09:12 PM.
Freericks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:38 PM   #4
JRMDC
Senior Member
 
JRMDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 11,202
Default

Primarily for sharing. It makes taking the pictures much more meaningful than just for my e-scrapbook.

And view count comes into that because I find it unsatisfying to post to a group or list-serve and get nary a hint that someone actually bothered to click on a link. Here, even without comments (need to get better to get more of those!), I know someone looked.

Secondly, for a threshold measure of technical competence; good feedback to get better shots. This is becoming less important as I have gotten better at doing the basic mid-day (but not high sun!) train shot, but may become more important again should I be able to devote more time to working on non-basic shots.
__________________
My RP pix are here.
My Flickr pix are here.

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
JRMDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:54 PM   #5
Joe the Photog
Senior Member
 
Joe the Photog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 7,899
Default

It's gratifying to me to hear feedback from my shots. Not even the kid of feedback people think first, like, "Neat shot." When I first started doing this in 1998, sharing my work and, for that matter, taking photographs, I heard from a fe folks in my area who liked seeing "their train" on line, the L&C. It wasn't even always guys who worked for the railroad. More often than not, it was just people who lived in the area or who used to live in the area. Back then, it wasn't as easy to find L&C pictures on line, so it meant something to them to be able to find them and it meant a lot to me to be able to share them.

And about the chicks, you won't believe this, but in late '98, subpar (back then) pictures of a railroad got me a date with a hot girl. She was from the area and had done a web search on our town. In that search, my site came up. She took a look around and e-mailed me. I wasn't married at the time, and we actually ended up dating some. So joke all you want, but railroad photography can indeed get you a date with a hot chick.

When I ran into the future Mrs. Joe the Photog, who just happened to also be the former Mrs. Joe the Photog, she knew full well that something she thought was a passing intrest for me in our first marriage was now a full blown hobby. She was fine with that, moreso now that my full blown hobby helped me get a first rate job with the leading NBC station in South Carolina.

But I kinda got off track. I like people to see my photographs. More people come to RP than ever went to my first web site and, sadly, my current web site ins't exactly the information superhighway; it's more like the information nature trail. A lot of difference in the number of poeple that pass through.


Joe
__________________
Joe the Photog Dot Com
Joe the Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:47 PM   #6
Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
Senior Member
 
Andrew Blaszczyk (2)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Marlboro, NJ
Posts: 1,956
Send a message via AIM to Andrew Blaszczyk (2) Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B.
So, please share why you upload photos here. Is it just because you like to share your photos and hear positive things about them?
It's pretty much because I like knowing that my photos are being seen by tens of thousands of people (although only a few click on the thumb). I think about how many people post links to my photos in other forums, sites, etc. Sure you may start your own site or use another public RR photography site but you will NEVER get as much publicity as you do on RP. I enjoy getting feedback and not just positive but also negative and tips to get better. As I have said before I S-U-C-K-E-D at photography in general when I first started uploading here and even into my first two years. Once I learned what RP was looking for I realized thats mostly what other wanted to see as well. As my photography improved the site also grew at the same time which I think gave me my "big break". I like being able to go away to different states for major events and have people come up to me and go, "Are you Andrew B from RP?" which has happened more times than I can count! Sure if you have your own local site a few people from the area know you but you won't get international attention which you may think is a stretch but its happened to me before.

Then there's the ease of publication. RP got me my first publication in Private Varnish magazine when the late John Kuehl found my PRR E8 shot on the OHCR in 2004. I got 11 photos in that issue and it gave me confidence to try to get more 'out there'. I learned about Railpace magazine's online submission program and tried my hand at that and sure enough I got in! To this day I am up to being in 15 issues. That includes: one front cover photo and feature article, one back cover, one half page spread, and one full page spread. Other contacts include inviduals who want to purchase photos (which I do sell photos !!!), the TRB Ignition magazine, and the 2008 McMillan NS calendar. Again .

Basically, more people will know your name if more people see your name.
Quote:
Nothing else to do with them?
Sure, what else besides slideshows and show a few select people can you do with a photo sitting on your computer or less popular website. Okay, you write a book, but who's heard of you? Not only will the general public not know who you are, but you would have to spend more time trying to convince major publishers that you are worth it without a recognizeable name.
Quote:
Is anyone worried about the fact that someone can "steal" your photos and use them elsewhere with only a couple of clicks? Worried that the site will eventually become nothing?
It's happened to me and honestly I don't really care that she copied my photo and took credit for it on RRPictureArchives. (Note to other RP contributors take a look at Missy G's photos and see if she stole any of yours). Like Charles said, "If they publish it, they'll get nailed (I have the slide, or the full sized JPeG, which no one else could possibly have)." I would love to know who has copied some of my photos to keep in their personal collections on their harddrive or used as desktop backgrounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe
. . . sadly, my current web site ins't exactly the information superhighway; it's more like the information nature trail.
LMFAO! Nicely put, Joe. I will eventually start my own site primarily to get into the business of selling photos and have a place to display my nature and miscellaneous photos as well as the shots I chose not to put on RP just cause.
__________________
-Andrew Blaszczyk a.k.a. AB(2)
Proud fan of the Sabres, Islanders, Rockies, and Lions.

"My camera is an artistic medium, not a tool of terrorism."

www.ab2photography.com Coming soon!
My photos on RailPictures:
http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=960

Last edited by Andrew Blaszczyk (2); 08-17-2007 at 10:50 PM.
Andrew Blaszczyk (2) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:49 AM   #7
Cyclonetrain
Senior Member
 
Cyclonetrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Downers Grove, IL
Posts: 359
Send a message via AIM to Cyclonetrain Send a message via Yahoo to Cyclonetrain
Default

Why do I put shots on here still?
Mostly because of all the Railroad sites I upload to, this one gets the most publicity and has one of the most organized way of handling photos. The screening process may not be the greatest, but atleast its a filter for all the crap that can build up and get in the way of good photos on other sites such as RRPA.
Cyclonetrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 03:33 AM   #8
Railfan Ohio
Senior Member
 
Railfan Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fredericktown, Ohio
Posts: 334
Default

To share my photos with others, and to get a sense of pride knowing that I took a picture good enough to be on this site.
__________________
Andy Toms

B&O: the First, the Best
Pennsy: the Standard, but still #2

My pix:http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=11344
Railfan Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 03:41 AM   #9
Freericks
Met Fan
 
Freericks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog
And about the chicks, ... joke all you want, but railroad photography can indeed get you a date with a hot chick.
What made you think I was kidding?
Freericks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 05:26 AM   #10
Mike B.
Banned
 
Mike B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,343
Default

Thanks everyone for all your input!
It seems like the majority of you upload photos to share them and to get publicity. Nothing wrong with that. Personally, sharing my photos and getting known isn't all that important to me. I would be perfectly fine if I never get to be anymore known that I already am (hardly). I do this because I enjoy photography, not to become famous. Being happy with a photo that I took is all the satisfaction that I need and I don't need someone else to tell me if a photo is good or bad. It is nice to get feedback (good and bad) on my photos from people on RP, but I typically go to my railfan friends for that simply for the convince factor and I trust their C&C. I think I'm not all that motivated to share my photos because I don't think I have anything all that revolutionary to share. Plus, once photos get on here, what good are they doing? In my opinion I have some pretty good photos, but RP doesn't improve from having my photos here. For example, when a photo is in a magazine with an article, the photo has meaning because it helps convey a story or information to the reader. The only time that has happened on RP for me is with the McCloud Railway in California.

Maybe I'm overly worried, but the thought of someone posting my photos someplace else without proper consent/credit doesn't sit well with me. I didn't go through all the trouble, time and money to get these shots so someone else can you use them as their own. Sadly, this is the internet and there is no full-proof way around this so I'll have to get over it if I want my stuff on the internet. I'm not too worried about people stealing photo from my personal website mainly because not too many people visit the site. Also, most of the photos on that site are "replaceable." Meaning that I can almost completely recreate that photo another day. With RP, a huge amount of people visit the site and the chance of someone stealing your photos is much higher.

Some of you have made reference to my website. The primary reason for that website is not for a place to show my TC&W photos, but to share the all the TC&W information I have. I have boxes and boxes full of information on the stupid little shortline and I'm constantly getting new information and I want to try to share it. Compared to photos, people can actually use this information to their advantage and that's why I have the website. The photos are there just to let people who aren't from the area to be able to see what things look like. Plus, I enjoy writing HTML so it's a nice fit.

Opinions?
Mike B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 05:32 AM   #11
Slopes09
Senior Member
 
Slopes09's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Here.
Posts: 837
Send a message via AIM to Slopes09
Default

I post mine for many of the same reasons. I like to share my photos with everyone else, since it seems a shame for my pictures to just sit on my hard drive. Pictures were meant to be seen, not stored away.

Although there probably isn't much chance I'll ever get published, it still opens that window. And to roughly quote Andrew, it's fun having the name recognition of "Hey, you're Mike Wnek from RP!" I've met a fair amount of people through RP, and met two of my best friends through here.

Though I do kinda know how you feel Mike B., I barely uploaded any shots all summer. In fact, until a week or two ago, my last shot was from May. For a little bit, I was considering not uploading. Then I finally convinced myself to after riding the WSOR business train, and ultimately remembered why I uploaded shots: to share unique views of my world with others. Especially since how many people actually know what the inside of a theater car looks like?
__________________
-Mike W.
Railroad Civil Engineer

Pretty much the only Pentax Shooter.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!
Slopes09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:26 AM   #12
jdirelan87
Senior Member
 
jdirelan87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Metro DC
Posts: 725
Default

Mike B -

Your argument makes absolutely no sense; if I had the motivation to steal your photos I could just as easily steal them from that cute little website you have linked in your sig as if they were on here.

If anything it would be easier to get away with that on a small personal site like yours simply because no one ever looks at those sites. The volume of eyes looking at shots on RP.net acts as a great blanket of protection, think about how many times someone has posted in the forums about seeing someone else's worked stolen because they saw it on the site first.

Your post here always boarder on trolling Mike, and this one is no different. I'm not even going to bother responding to your second post as that is pretty much a straight troll. All I will say, your personal collection is doing a lot less sitting on your hard drive than sitting on this site.
jdirelan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:57 AM   #13
Mike B.
Banned
 
Mike B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdirelan87
Mike B -

Your argument makes absolutely no sense; if I had the motivation to steal your photos I could just as easily steal them from that cute little website you have linked in your sig as if they were on here.

If anything it would be easier to get away with that on a small personal site like yours simply because no one ever looks at those sites. The volume of eyes looking at shots on RP.net acts as a great blanket of protection, think about how many times someone has posted in the forums about seeing someone else's worked stolen because they saw it on the site first.

Your post here always boarder on trolling Mike, and this one is no different. I'm not even going to bother responding to your second post as that is pretty much a straight troll. All I will say, your personal collection is doing a lot less sitting on your hard drive than sitting on this site.
You're taking this all wrong. If you actually read my first post, you'd realize that I'm not trying to preach or argue, I'm trying to get a different outlook on RP so I asked why people post their photos here. I'm not arguing with anyone, just stating my opinion and I'm hoping you guys can enlighten me.
As far as "Stealing" photos, re-read what I said about my website compared to RP. I already addressed the points you made.
Mike B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:20 AM   #14
Ween
Senior Member
 
Ween's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,861
Default

Quote:
Is anyone worried about the fact that someone can "steal" your photos and use them elsewhere with only a couple of clicks?
I'm not too worried about a 1024 pixel/72dpi photo being used anywhere else in a meaningful way other than on a website...a website that probably has little traffic and no one sees anyway...
__________________
Ween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:30 AM   #15
Ken Carr
Senior Member: Vegasrails
 
Ken Carr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Henderson Nevada
Posts: 285
Default Why I post

I submitted at first to RP just to have my photos on a site. Then I slowly improved a bit, for I still catch rejections. Now I have my own site but since so many people look at Rail- pictures I still post on the site but not like some who seem to dump photos on the site like thereís no tomorrow. If I like the photo I might submit it, but not many I save more for my own collection or for sale.
Because of the site Iím known through out the states and Europe, my photos have been in magazines, newspapers, new letters and adorn railroad company walls both the makers of engines and the Class ones themselves. I never expected to sell my work or to recoup some of my cost of my hobby but thanks to Rail pictures Iíve done both. My 20D and one of my two larger lenses were both paid for by sales. You canít beat the site for advertising your train photos. So I submit a photo now and then and I sell a few now and then. Canít beat the site. As to the size of the photo, a recent advertisement consisted of three photos from the RP site with my permission and I received 4 figures for my copies. So size can be useful.
Last through the site I met many other fans and have developed additional hobbies.
__________________
Regional Coordinator for Operation Lifesaver
Southern Nevada and Southern Utah

See what I do for fun along the rails and in the desert

See some of my slide shows


Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!
Ken Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:44 AM   #16
Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
Senior Member
 
Andrew Blaszczyk (2)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Marlboro, NJ
Posts: 1,956
Send a message via AIM to Andrew Blaszczyk (2) Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopes09
I've met a fair amount of people through RP, and met two of my best friends through here.
Thanks, Mike, I knew I forgot one! THE PEOPLE. I talk to about a dozen or so people, including one of my good friends, that I have met on RP from all over the country, there is no other way I could have done that otherwise.
__________________
-Andrew Blaszczyk a.k.a. AB(2)
Proud fan of the Sabres, Islanders, Rockies, and Lions.

"My camera is an artistic medium, not a tool of terrorism."

www.ab2photography.com Coming soon!
My photos on RailPictures:
http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=960
Andrew Blaszczyk (2) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:31 PM   #17
WisconsinCentral
Senior Member
 
WisconsinCentral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Brighton Minnesota
Posts: 361
Default

Well, I like to submit stuff here because anybody can see it, from any country, and its easy. Sure, If I had my own site someone could see it, but It doesnt compare to the volume of traffic railpics gets. Plus, a lot of the stuff I submit is very interesting, or is on the Withrow sub (which is overlooked, because your only garuanteed one train a day, WC) because I always shoot there. I also like to submit because of the challenge of getting it accepted, and the sense of accomplishment when it is. Also, its a great way to meet other people around your area, and It puts your name out there. I've met almost all of the gang around the Twin Cities because of railpics.

I also like the recognition from all of the other photographers, and feel pretty good that I dont have any shots under 200 views (I have 80 right now).

Alec
WisconsinCentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:37 AM   #18
Carl Becker
Senior Member
 
Carl Becker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,218
Default

RP is probably the best known train photo web site on the internet, and undoubtedly contains the highest quality photos. When I talk to a train crew or someone RR related and mention to them that I photograph for RailPictures.net, I like the fact that when I write down the link for them and they take it and go online to view it, they get taken to a site where the first thing they see is "The best railroad photos on the 'net!". It shows that as a photographer, to make a long story short, I know what I am doing. The next time they see me, they'll know exactly what I'm out there for.

~Carl Becker
Carl Becker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:41 AM   #19
Carl Becker
Senior Member
 
Carl Becker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
It's happened to me and honestly I don't really care that she copied my photo and took credit for it on RRPictureArchives. (Note to other RP contributors take a look at Missy G's photos and see if she stole any of yours).
By chance, is it this photo?

http://ns_futureengineer24.rrpicture...aspx?id=779076

Kind of interesting that the location is shown as unknown...

And, BTW, I don't see anything wrong with using RP images as desktop backgrounds. Especially considering that they have the copyright box along the bottom of the image (although on my screen the start menu hides it except for when the computer is just booting up or shutting down).
Carl Becker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:04 AM   #20
Carl Becker
Senior Member
 
Carl Becker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B.
Is anyone worried about the fact that someone can "steal" your photos and use them elsewhere with only a couple of clicks?
No, not really, but if I find that someone has taken credit on a site like RRPictureArchives, I won't hesitate to write the site admin and report them - not for my benefit but for the benefit of others who probably are having their stuff stolen by the same person.

I think a good way to start in securing your photos would be to show your last name on them, which you don't. In fact, I visit the TCW Yahoo! list every now and then (and even your site) and I don't even know your last name - which I don't even know if you've shared with anyone online. Even on RP, there are several Mike Bs, in fact, one of which has gotten confused on the forums before because he thought something was addressed to him and not you. If you want to be able to put your name on your work and keep it that way, showing your last name is key, IMO.
Carl Becker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:09 AM   #21
Mike B.
Banned
 
Mike B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Becker
And, BTW, I don't see anything wrong with using RP images as desktop backgrounds. Especially considering that they have the copyright box along the bottom of the image (although on my screen the start menu hides it except for when the computer is just booting up or shutting down).
Just to make things clear, I don't have a problem with people using my photos for personal use. Actually, I'd be honored if someone used a photo of mine as a desktop wallpaper. I just don't like it when people take the photo and display it as their own in any form (video, slide show, gallery. etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Becker
I think a good way to start in securing your photos would be to show your last name on them, which you don't. In fact, I visit the TCW Yahoo! list every now and then (and even your site) and I don't even know your last name - which I don't even know if you've shared with anyone online. Even on RP, there are several Mike Bs, in fact, one of which has gotten confused on the forums before because he thought something was addressed to him and not you. If you want to be able to put your name on your work and keep it that way, showing your last name is key, IMO.
That's a very good point. I started putting Mike B. on things back in junior high and never stopped I guess. All my friends and even people I didn't know referred to me as Mike B. On the internet that doesn't really work very well I guess. I think I'll be sending a PM to an Admin.
My last name in Bargmann by the way. Pronounced Barg-men.

Last edited by Mike B.; 08-19-2007 at 01:18 AM.
Mike B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:23 AM   #22
Carl Becker
Senior Member
 
Carl Becker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B.
That's a very good point. I started putting Mike B. on things back in junior high and never stopped I guess. All my friends and even people I didn't know referred to me as Mike B. On the internet that doesn't really work very well I guess. I think I'll be sending a PM to an Admin.
If I remember correctly, you don't have that many photos in the DB (35 or so)? What I would do if you wanted your last name on them would be to go into the members section and change your name to show your last name, then use the resubmit feature and submit new copies of all your images. That way, the copyright bar on the photos will change and not just your name below the images.
Carl Becker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:26 AM   #23
Joe the Photog
Senior Member
 
Joe the Photog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 7,899
Default

How is his last name going to change the copyright? They're copyrighted to Mike B. If someone else uses them, first, they'd probably chop the black bar off, but regardless, Mike would be able to prove they're his by the fact he's got a straight out of the camera jpeg. If you go back far enough through y pictures, you'll see some of mine are listed as Signature Digitale Photography. Those are still mine.

And oddly, my first handle on here was Joe H. until I could no longer access my account.


Joe
__________________
Joe the Photog Dot Com
Joe the Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:59 AM   #24
Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
Senior Member
 
Andrew Blaszczyk (2)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Marlboro, NJ
Posts: 1,956
Send a message via AIM to Andrew Blaszczyk (2) Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Becker
By chance, is it this photo?
Actually it appears she has taken off the photo in question. I wish I had taken that 611 shot.
__________________
-Andrew Blaszczyk a.k.a. AB(2)
Proud fan of the Sabres, Islanders, Rockies, and Lions.

"My camera is an artistic medium, not a tool of terrorism."

www.ab2photography.com Coming soon!
My photos on RailPictures:
http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=960
Andrew Blaszczyk (2) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:09 AM   #25
Carl Becker
Senior Member
 
Carl Becker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
Actually it appears she has taken off the photo in question. I wish I had taken that 611 shot.


It still seems quite odd, however, that the location is unknown. They have a photo of a steam locomotive like that and they don't know where they took it? Rather suspicious. I have a feeling your photo probably wasn't the only one stolen.
Carl Becker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.