Old 04-24-2007, 02:09 AM   #26
Ween

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMDC
This is a bit confusing to me. I presume by rotating you mean leveling the image. I've never had a problem with a 6mp file in rotating the full size file a few degrees and eventually sharpening and saving as 1024x768 or 1024x673. The key is to rotate before downsizing. If you mean rotating 90 degrees to go vertical, well, same thing, I've never had a problem. I generally submit my verticals at 900 or 950 in the vertical dimension.

Now, if I am taking a vertical crop out of the middle of a horizontal original, sometimes it certainly helps to go only 800 vertical as depending on the extent of the "digital zoom" the image may not be able to look good at 950.
I think he shoots with an in-camera image size of ~1024 pixels. Not sure why, but I remember an older thread discussing the same thing...
Old 04-24-2007, 04:41 AM   #27
Carl Becker

Quote:
I think he shoots with an in-camera image size of ~1024 pixels. Not sure why, but I remember an older thread discussing the same thing...
No, that was Louis, not me, and we shoot at full size now. It was some issue with our old photo editor that we don't use anymore. I can't remember exactly what was wrong at the second.