Old 09-04-2009, 05:02 AM   #1
AntD.
Senior Member
 
AntD.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 372
Exclamation Bad Color...I don't see it...

Hi to All!

Here are some shots from the other evening of this AWESOME consist of a YN1, YN2, & YN3 CSX SD40-2s in one consist! It couldn't have left out of town at a better time or in better light. Anyways, where is the bad color? I keep trying to fix the following rejections, but they still get shot down for "Bad Color". These were taken around 7:20-7:35pm EST.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...&key=455194167

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...key=1043580442

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...key=1073739206

On the last rejection I'm not worried about the Oversharpening since I can easily fix that.
Please Help as this is one shot of a train I really want to get in!

Thanks!
Anthony Davis
AntD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:08 AM   #2
asis80
Senior Member
 
asis80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bentleyville, PA
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via AIM to asis80
Default

I'll cautiously help out here. They all look a little orange, the sun might have been working against you here, haha. It's great light I know, but you're going to have to change the hue of that sun light. Just looks too orange to me. Also, keep in mind, this site doesn't care too much about how great a consist is etc etc. They care about a great photograph of that great consist etc etc. That's just.....my opinion.


Ben
__________________
Trains.
asis80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:23 AM   #3
Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
Senior Member
 
Andrew Blaszczyk (2)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Marlboro, NJ
Posts: 1,956
Send a message via AIM to Andrew Blaszczyk (2) Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asis80 View Post
I'll cautiously help out here. They all look a little orange, the sun might have been working against you here, haha. It's great light I know, but you're going to have to change the hue of that sun light. Just looks too orange to me.
WHAT?! I agree it is oversaturated but "too orange" is not the right way to phrase it. Why would you EVER change the hue of sweet light. It's not called that for any old reason. I do agree that it may SOMETIMES work against you but only with specific paint schemes.
Quote:
Also, keep in mind, this site doesn't care too much about how great a consist is etc etc. They care about a great photograph of that great consist etc etc. That's just.....my opinion.

Ben
Good save. "This site" has 5 screeners that have different tastes, likes, dislikes, etc. I do not know how much knowledge the other 4 guys have but I know a lot about rarity and great consists since I focus my attention on photographing things of that nature; last in a paint scheme, special engines, etc. I would much rather see a nicely composed shot that showcases the consist rather than a typical wedge or an angle that doesn't necessarily work but I also know sometime you have to deal with where you are or what you are given. I think "great consists" get a little more leeway in some cases such as cloudy days and there have been a number brought into the forums to argue why one person's shot is on and another isn't so I disagree with your opinion of how the "site" (5 different screeners) feel about it.

Congrats. Nice to see one got on.
Image © Anthony Davis
PhotoID: 296002
Photograph © Anthony Davis

With no less "orange" (read:sweet light) than the originals.
__________________
-Andrew Blaszczyk a.k.a. AB(2)
Proud fan of the Sabres, Islanders, Rockies, and Lions.

"My camera is an artistic medium, not a tool of terrorism."

www.ab2photography.com Coming soon!
My photos on RailPictures:
http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=960

Last edited by Andrew Blaszczyk (2); 09-04-2009 at 06:25 AM.
Andrew Blaszczyk (2) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:45 AM   #4
AntD.
Senior Member
 
AntD.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Blaszczyk (2) View Post
WHAT?! I agree it is oversaturated but "too orange" is not the right way to phrase it. Why would you EVER change the hue of sweet light. It's not called that for any old reason.
Thanks Andrew, It really couldn't have gotten any sweeter for me especially since timing the departure of the train is almost impossible. (Like the other night when he had two YN2 SD50s on him, ended up leaving after dark) I was double crossing my fingers in hopes of capturing him in some kind of light.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Blaszczyk (2) View Post
I do not know how much knowledge the other 4 guys have but I know a lot about rarity and great consists since I focus my attention on photographing things of that nature; last in a paint scheme, special engines, etc. I would much rather see a nicely composed shot that showcases the consist rather than a typical wedge or an angle that doesn't necessarily work but I also know sometime you have to deal with where you are or what you are given.
Agreed, it's not all the time, especially in my area, that you can either A: Good Power Combos or B: Get Foreign or "rare" power. And with my luck, whenever we do, it's in the worst conditions for me to even get a RP shot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Blaszczyk (2) View Post
Congrats. Nice to see one got on.
Thanks!
AntD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:54 PM   #5
asis80
Senior Member
 
asis80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bentleyville, PA
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via AIM to asis80
Default

I'm thinking this monitor is dieing..........because to be honest, I'm getting tired of being flamed for what my eyes are actually seeing lately. So a quick run upstairs shows the exact opposite of what I'm seeing on this faded out of whack laptop screen. The colors look better, everythings not so fuzzy, etc etc. This explains why everyone has been on my case lately, lol. Jeesh, sorry guys, really am. We now know what the issue is with me now, haha. I'll try to use Jennifers HD screen from now on. Here I thought everyone was out to get me or something, haha. Dang....lol

Ben
__________________
Trains.
asis80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bad color problem

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.