Old 06-17-2010, 10:50 PM   #26
PLEzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miketherailfan View Post
I would imagine we'd get a refund if the night sessions were cancelled.
My point is why do those riding trains get a voucher for a ride behind WM 734 in Cumberland but the photo session people get nothing? Of course the lights will still be turned on at 9 pm, but the coach will still move for those wanting to ride the trains. What's the difference? If they're getting compensated for the lack of planning then we should too.
My RP.net Photos
PLEzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:31 AM   #27
Train-a-Mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLEzero View Post
My point is why do those riding trains get a voucher for a ride behind WM 734 in Cumberland but the photo session people get nothing? Of course the lights will still be turned on at 9 pm, but the coach will still move for those wanting to ride the trains. What's the difference? If they're getting compensated for the lack of planning then we should too.
With the day-long excursion, 734 was one of two locomotives involved in the event. With the night photo shoot, it's one locomotive of several. Its importance to the experience of the night photo shoot is determined by the participant, not by the math.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:10 AM   #28
Dennis A. Livesey

Thumbs down

Quote:
WM 734 will NOT be at WV RAILS. It was just announced today. Smells fishy to me.
Quote:
I've canceled my plans to attend WV Rails and they won't be getting money from me ever again. My only interest in the event was to see 734. I'll be spending my time watching real trains instead.
Quote:
It is a little over a week away. Most of their tickets have already been sold. The only official source of information is from a press release from WV Rails. Do you really think they would admit to any blame for WM 734 not coming? I'm certain there is more to this story than CSX changing their minds at the last minute.

Also, it was noted that riders of trains that were to be pulled by WM 734 will be getting a voucher to use at the WMSR. What about those attending the night photo session? How come they will not be receiving anything? That is an $82 ticket.
I never understood this self-righteous railfan attitude. It's not like you were taken in by a real crook like Madoff now is it?

Frankly, the most disappointed people of all in this CSX-caused fiasco are the organizers themselves. They put in all the hard work of trying to do something really special for the railfan community only to have CSX viciously pull the rug at the last minute.

Then, to add insult to injury, someone who should understand the situation now throws mud in their face. Fortunately the organizers have the thick skin necessary to ignore such "supporters" like you. I'm sure they won't miss your business.

Are you really a railfan? Have you done this for decades? Then you must realize that with railfan excursions there is no such thing as a guarantee, EVER. It's always a miracle any of these special excursions come off.

Stop being petulant, grow up, volunteer or do something that's positive to help the railfan hobby instead.

I Foam Therefore I Am.

My pix on RailPics:

I am on Flickr as well:

"Dennis is such a God, he could do that with a camera obscura and some homemade acetate." Holloran Grade

"To me it looks drawn in in Paintshop. It looks like a puddle of orange on the sky." SFO777
Dennis A. Livesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:27 AM   #29
craftsmaster

Send a message via AIM to craftsmaster Send a message via Yahoo to craftsmaster Send a message via Skype™ to craftsmaster

Hope not to miss the display.

The Australian Model Train Guide
The Australian Trains & Scenery
craftsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote