Old 12-27-2009, 03:25 AM   #51
MNJRR

Send a message via AIM to MNJRR Send a message via MSN to MNJRR

not very long, only got serious with photography this year, my main thing was videography before.

My videos on youtube
My pictures on Railpictures
MNJRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:26 AM   #52
gotransitf59ph

Send a message via AIM to gotransitf59ph Send a message via MSN to gotransitf59ph

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNJRR View Post
not very long, only got serious with photography this year, my main thing was videography before.
Wow! Are you serious? I am better at videography than photography.
gotransitf59ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:09 AM   #53
troy12n
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNJRR View Post
My overcast shots just sit on my computer, every once and a while a cloudy shot can be turned into a black and white shot and will get approved like mine.
Image © Keane Maher
PhotoID: 305571
Photograph © Keane Maher
Unless you submit it in color first, then try re-submitting it in B&W, then they reject it for cloudy even though you cant even tell it was cloudy. Trust me, been there, done that... Thats one little pet peave.
troy12n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:09 PM   #54
stevenmwelch

Send a message via AIM to stevenmwelch Send a message via Yahoo to stevenmwelch

Then we wonder why this thread got off topic.. Wow, my head is about to explode.

I don't really see how a GO F59PH and a VIA unit together are "rare".. To me, "rare" would be slapping a CN SD70M-2 on there too. Like one member stated already, RP doesn't give an obese rodents' rectum if the locomotives are rare or not, especially if it's a cloudy sky. Maybe if the sky had some texture to it, and the shots were composed a bit better, they'd stand a chance.

Until then, keep trying.
My Photos on RP
My RP Rejects and then Some
stevenmwelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:26 PM   #55
troy12n
Banned

Rare would be a FEC GP38-2 leading an intermodal train on the CP in Canada somewhere, or a passenger train.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:22 PM   #56
John Fladung
JohnFladung.net

I guess if I'm stuck on two uploads per day and tell myself I need to upload that many shots a day I would make damn sure that the stuff I'm uploading is without question going to get in. I know I'm not the only one on here that can only shake my head at some of the stuff that comes up on the forums as "Why was this rejected?" or "does this have a chance". Take the time to post-process the image and make sure other technical things on the image are on par for an acceptable photo before killing one of your given uploads per day.

P.S. This was not directed to any one individual.
John Fladung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:25 PM   #57
John Fladung
JohnFladung.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenmwelch View Post
Then we wonder why this thread got off topic.. Wow, my head is about to explode.

I don't really see how a GO F59PH and a VIA unit together are "rare".. To me, "rare" would be slapping a CN SD70M-2 on there too. Like one member stated already, RP doesn't give an obese rodents' rectum if the locomotives are rare or not, especially if it's a cloudy sky. Maybe if the sky had some texture to it, and the shots were composed a bit better, they'd stand a chance.

Until then, keep trying.
lol
John Fladung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:39 AM   #58
ja757

Quote:
Originally Posted by wds View Post
To gotransitf59ph;................ In order to help you with that I'd like to suggest the following. Read the guidelines (sorry if I sound repetative). Look at the type of shots that get accepted. Go back to Islington bridge on a sunny day (early mornings are good for eastbounds, late afternoons for westbounds) because it is a good place close to where you're at and you can walk back and forth a long way to get angle of light/angle of shot the way you want without much visual obstruction. I'm not saying to restrict yourself forever to those parameters, but for now its a good way to keep it simple. Fire away merrily, trying to keep in mind what you're trying to achieve, keeping the guidelines in mind. If you think you've got a sure-fire winner sit on it overnight and look at it again the next day. Many times things will look different the second time around. If you still think it meets the criteria for acceptance submit it. Don't be crushed if it gets rejected, look at the shot again to see if you can fix the reason for rejection (like if it needs a bit of rotation to level the horizon, a bit of sharpening if rejected for undersharpened, a bit of brightening/darkening, etc.). Keep trying, keep learning, ask advice and so on. Once again, good luck.
~W.
As to what wds says he's right 100%. But here's a prime example of a wb at islington bridge in the evening. To respect of lighting,angle of light/angle of shot the way you want without much visual obstruction.
Here's one of my photos
ja757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:57 AM   #59
ja757

Here's another one early morning, and I just got creative with it and thought about how I wanted to caputre the photo.
ja757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:51 PM   #60
trainmaster_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy12n View Post
Rare would be a FEC GP38-2 leading an intermodal train on the CP in Canada somewhere, or a passenger train.
We got an FEC SD40-2 leadin the nightly drag freight from Stratford to Toronto (CN MacMillan Yard) and back on the GEXR.

CN Conductor

Click here to view my pictures on RP.net
trainmaster_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:56 PM   #61
TheRoadForeman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainmaster_1 View Post
We got an FEC SD40-2 leadin the nightly drag freight from Stratford to Toronto (CN MacMillan Yard) and back on the GEXR.
A pic of that would most certainly be rejected for; "Personal Vandetta". Lol!
TheRoadForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:58 AM   #62
troy12n
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainmaster_1 View Post
That barely counts because it is painted like a UP SD40-2