Old 06-21-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
e-unit

Default purgatory -screeners eddition

Has anyone ever had a shot passed over by screeners? I put in 2 shots. One was denied and the other was left while they continued on. I said hmm and left it. 4 hours later, still in position 1 with all other photos passing it up.

I think this falls into the sub par shot catigory for sure, but has historical significance. Its a shot of the new Amtrak veterans unit leaving Beech Grove.

Screeners waiting for a better shot before they reluctantly accept mine?

Last edited by e-unit; 06-21-2013 at 06:31 PM.
e-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #2
Mgoldman

It's possible they've elected to hold on accepting until it's officially made public.

I saw a photo on Trainorders.com which was removed hours after it was posted, though a photo has since shown up on Facebook.

I'm not a fan of censorship - I think a sneak peek is a little bit fun, but in this case, I would completely accept keeping the secret a little longer (we're talking a day or two).

/Mitch
Mgoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #3
Joe the Photog

I want to see it!
Old 06-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
e-unit

If it is going down the tracks, you would think its public. They had the important bits covered in white plastic.

Heres the denied one Joe:

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...53&key=9010035

It is a going away and trailing shot. Obviously deniable. I dunno how long it will be til it comes out of hiding again and put in the lead to get an acceptable shot.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #5
Joe the Photog

[quote=e-unit;167569]If it is going down the tracks, you would think its public. They had the important bits covered in white plastic./QUOTE]
You would think so. But it puts the guys in an interesting situation if they have indeed been asked not to post any shots until Amtrak says it is OK to do so. In the "real" news business, we would get embargo notices all the time not to mention something on air until such and such time. But usually there was not a train going down the track with the thing in plain view what we were not supposed to mention.

It could also be that the screener just wanted to let one of the Chris' get the final say, too.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #6
e-unit

[quote=Joe the Photog;167570]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-unit View Post
If it is going down the tracks, you would think its public. They had the important bits covered in white plastic./QUOTE]
You would think so. But it puts the guys in an interesting situation if they have indeed been asked not to post any shots until Amtrak says it is OK to do so. In the "real" news business, we would get embargo notices all the time not to mention something on air until such and such time. But usually there was not a train going down the track with the thing in plain view what we were not supposed to mention.

It could also be that the screener just wanted to let one of the Chris' get the final say, too.
It finally got killed off for front coupled lol. Im thinking 4th of july it will be out
Old 06-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #7
Mgoldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-unit View Post
It finally got killed off for front coupled lol. Im thinking 4th of july it will be out
Let's hope it was really all about secrecy (why is there then not a specific rejection for that?). It would be otherwise nuts to pass up on a scoop due to "bad angle".

Look nice. Stars are covered up on the bottom - assume mid center clues the public as to the purpose of the scheme.

Has a slight AT&SF look.

/Mitch
Mgoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:35 AM   #8
e-unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgoldman View Post
Let's hope it was really all about secrecy (why is there then not a specific rejection for that?). It would be otherwise nuts to pass up on a scoop due to "bad angle".

Look nice. Stars are covered up on the bottom - assume mid center clues the public as to the purpose of the scheme.

Has a slight AT&SF look.

/Mitch
Its not a big deal to me. I know how the screeners think on here.