Old 08-02-2009, 12:29 AM   #1
Nightfisher

Default Perkiomen Trespassers

I'm posting this for all to see. My family owns most of the land on the south side of the Vera Cruz horse shoe, this land is private property. There are pics on this site that were taken from my backyard. In the pics the back of a NO TRESPASSING sign is clearly visible along the tracks. Last time a passenger event was held I got several calls that people were all over my property, setting up tripods 10-30 yards off the tracks in my back yard, using our swings and picnic benches, and knocking down corn in our fields to set up ladders to take pictures. Our front yard was trashed by all the vehicles parking on the grass. And some had the nerve to park in my driveway, blocking it. When I got there and confronted these folks I got the response - We knocked to ask permission but no one answered. Sorry but this behavior will not be tolerated. Please stay off the horse shoe between Acorn Drive and Main Rd. East. No permission will be given and Trespassers will be prosecuted
Old 08-02-2009, 12:40 AM   #2
TheRoadForeman
Banned

Where is this located? Which state are you in?
Old 08-02-2009, 01:03 AM   #3
Nightfisher

Vera Cruz Pa.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:47 AM   #4
ShortlinesUSA

This appears to be along the old Reading Perkiomen Branch out of Emmaus, PA, operated by Penn Eastern Railroad (ESPN).

Shortline and Regional RR forum moderator
Old 08-02-2009, 05:59 AM   #5
trainboysd40

Send a message via MSN to trainboysd40

Okay, I'll stay off your land....
Obligatory link to shots on RP, HERE
Old 08-02-2009, 12:52 PM   #6
ShortlinesUSA

While we're on the subject of this area, can one of the locals tell me how to properly pronounce Emmaus?

Thank you!

Shortline and Regional RR forum moderator
Old 08-02-2009, 01:18 PM   #7
TheRoadForeman
Banned

Mm-a-us..........
Old 08-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #8
JimThias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfisher View Post
I'm posting this for all to see. My family owns most of the land on the south side of the Vera Cruz horse shoe, this land is private property. No permission will be given and Trespassers will be prosecuted
You should consider setting up an area for paid parking/access. You could make some extra cash.

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
Old 08-03-2009, 03:23 PM   #9
Nightfisher

Paid parking, we thought of that. Unfortunatly the total disregard for the no trespassing signs, along with the garbage and damage to the feilds and yard that happened when they did not have permission makes me wonder what would occur if we welcomed them in. Respect for others property does not seem high on their list. Here's one of the pics, notice the sign on the left side of the pic.
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=243812

Last edited by Nightfisher; 08-03-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:40 PM   #10
Andrew Blaszczyk (2)

Send a message via AIM to Andrew Blaszczyk (2) Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Blaszczyk (2)

Quote:
Paid parking, we thought of that. Unfortunatly the total disregard for the no trespassing signs, along with the garbage and damage to the feilds and yard that happened when they did not have permission makes me wonder what would occur if we welcomed them in. Respect for others property does not seem high on their list. Here's one of the pics, notice the sign on the left side of the pic.
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=243812
Deleted...

"My camera is an artistic medium, not a tool of terrorism."

www.ab2photography.com Coming soon!
My photos on RailPictures:
http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=960
Old 08-04-2009, 03:21 AM   #11
TheRoadForeman
Banned

Boy!! Andrew, I guess that you should take note to what I have been preaching for sometime! Until I saw this post I was going to let the episode of your trespassing on my companies property go a wind! But, since this was brought to light I will say this, STAY OFF OF MY COMPANIES PROPERTY UNLESS YOU HAVE PERMISSION! I really don't care if Mr. Nemeth called you and said that we had whatever power running whatever day. Down in Montoursville, you and your brother were up on the right of way as we entered the siding! I just want EVERYONE to know the facts here!!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 03:28 AM   #12
TheRoadForeman
Banned

Unhappy

Quote:
I'm posting this for all to see. My family owns most of the land on the south side of the Vera Cruz horse shoe, this land is private property. There are pics on this site that were taken from my backyard. In the pics the back of a NO TRESPASSING sign is clearly visible along the tracks. Last time a passenger event was held I got several calls that people were all over my property, setting up tripods 10-30 yards off the tracks in my back yard, using our swings and picnic benches, and knocking down corn in our fields to set up ladders to take pictures. Our front yard was trashed by all the vehicles parking on the grass. And some had the nerve to park in my driveway, blocking it. When I got there and confronted these folks I got the response - We knocked to ask permission but no one answered. Sorry but this behavior will not be tolerated. Please stay off the horse shoe between Acorn Drive and Main Rd. East. No permission will be given and Trespassers will be prosecuted

The person that you posted the picture regarding is a SCREENER for this site! Maybe the Chris's should take note to this?!........... Let's PEQ all of his pictures, it would probably be justified.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:55 AM   #13
Christopher Muller

I wasn't sure this was a legit thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoadForeman View Post
Boy!! Andrew, I guess that you should take note to what I have been preaching for sometime! Down in Montoursville, you and your brother were up on the right of way as we entered the siding! I just want EVERYONE to know the facts here!!!!
Seriously?
Old 08-04-2009, 04:01 AM   #14
JimThias

Quote:
The person that you posted the picture regarding is a SCREENER for this site! Maybe the Chris's should take note to this?!........... Let's PEQ all of his pictures, it would probably be justified.
Oh boy...

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
Old 08-04-2009, 04:08 AM   #15
TheRoadForeman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Muller View Post
I wasn't sure this was a legit thread.

Seriously?
Yeah Chris, seriously! I just don't make random things up and then display them publicly.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:11 AM   #16
ssw9662

Kevin has a valid point. Andrew clearly was trespassing on private property and should have never posted the photo in question (for that matter, he shouldn't have been there in the first place). I can't say I've never trespassed before, but there is a fine line between being a few feet on private property to blatantly trespassing on someone else's land. Also, I know for a FACT that a many of the people at the East Penn are pissed off about the foamers that have invaded their right of way during most of their recent special trains, and quite honestly I'm not surprised that a property owner along the tracks has spoken out as well. The sad part is that these people screw things up for the rest of the responsible railfans who stay off private property. I hate to see my local shortline railroad have a rather intolerant attitude toward fans just because a few people came in and screwed things up (this happens all too often).

(end rant)
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Canon 50mm f/1.8
My Railpictures.net Photos
flickr

Last edited by ssw9662; 08-04-2009 at 04:16 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:13 AM   #17
bigbassloyd

Foamers are the reason I'm thankful to have an entire subdivision to myself..
Old 08-04-2009, 04:14 AM   #18
TheRoadForeman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssw9662 View Post
Kevin has a valid point. Andrew clearly was trespassing on private property and should have never posted the photo in question (for that matter, we shouldn't have been there in the first place). I can't say I've never trespassed before, but there is a fine line between being a few feet on private property to blatantly trespassing on someone else's land. Also, I know for a FACT that a many of the people at the East Penn are pissed off about the foamers that have invaded their right of way during most of their recent special trains, and quite honestly I'm not surprised that a property owner along the tracks has spoken out as well. The sad part is that these people screw things up for the rest of the responsible railfans who stay off private property. I hate to see my local shortline railroad have a rather intolerant attitude toward fans just because a few foamers from Jersey came in and screwed things up (this happens all too often).

I know I will probably get flamed for this, and quite honestly I couldn't care less.
They are joining the club, WNYP and LAL for example, will not allow photographers on their property anymore due to railfans who(m) thought that they had the right..... They don't though.......

Last edited by TheRoadForeman; 08-04-2009 at 04:23 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:27 AM   #19
Andrew Blaszczyk (2)

Send a message via AIM to Andrew Blaszczyk (2) Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Blaszczyk (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin
Down in Montoursville, you and your brother were up on the right of way as we entered the siding! I just want EVERYONE to know the facts here!!!!
Photo 1 - Throwing the switch for the siding. Taken next to the car on hill (just outside the car door). 12:57PM
See car in:
Image © Christopher Blaszczyk
PhotoID: 284891
Photograph © Christopher Blaszczyk

Photo 2 - Done throwing switch. Taken from same spot. 12:57PM
Photo 3 - Entering siding. Taken from road. 12:58PM
Photo 4 - Further down the siding (last shot of series). Taken from road. 12:58PM

I don't recall sprinting up the ROW after taking these. I do recall you calling us over to tell us something which I will not post here.

Facts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Montoursville1.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	4485   Click image for larger version

Name:	Montoursville2.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	4486   Click image for larger version

Name:	Montoursville3.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	4487   Click image for larger version

Name:	Montoursville4.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	4488  

Last edited by Andrew Blaszczyk (2); 08-04-2009 at 04:31 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:27 AM   #20
JimThias

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssw9662 View Post
Kevin has a valid point. Andrew clearly was trespassing on private property and should have never posted the photo in question (for that matter, he shouldn't have been there in the first place). I can't say I've never trespassed before, but there is a fine line between being a few feet on private property to blatantly trespassing on someone else's land. Also, I know for a FACT that a many of the people at the East Penn are pissed off about the foamers that have invaded their right of way during most of their recent special trains, and quite honestly I'm not surprised that a property owner along the tracks has spoken out as well. The sad part is that these people screw things up for the rest of the responsible railfans who stay off private property. I hate to see my local shortline railroad have a rather intolerant attitude toward fans just because a few people came in and screwed things up (this happens all too often).

(end rant)
Just so I understand your post correctly, it's ok if you trespass just a FEW feet?

Old 08-04-2009, 04:32 AM   #21
ssw9662

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThias View Post
Just so I understand your post correctly, it's ok if you trespass just a FEW feet?

Whoops, sorry if you took that the wrong way. Trespassing is trespassing no matter how it's done, but what I meant was that I'm sure everyone here has (knowingly or otherwise) wandered a few feet onto RR property at one time or another. That certainly doesn't make it right, but let's face it, no one here can say they have never trespassed. However, there is still a difference between that and repeatedly ignoring no trespassing signs and wandering all over private property. Without naming names and turning this into a witch hunt I'll just say that there are many fans who show blatant disrespect for private property to get the "perfect shot."
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Canon 50mm f/1.8
My Railpictures.net Photos
flickr

Last edited by ssw9662; 08-04-2009 at 04:34 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:37 AM   #22
TheRoadForeman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Blaszczyk (2) View Post
Photo 1 - Throwing the switch for the siding. Taken next to the car on hill (just outside the car door). 12:57PM
See car in:
PhotoID: 284891

Photo 2 - Done throwing switch. Taken from same spot. 12:57PM
Photo 3 - Entering siding. Taken from road. 12:58PM
Photo 4 - Further down the siding (last shot of series). Taken from road. 12:58PM

I don't recall sprinting up the ROW after taking these. I do recall you calling us over to tell us something which I will not post here.

Facts.
Post it! The point is that you two did not have permission above my pay grade to be on the property (you two were, the first time when we started work in the morning), I did not (at the time) know who you guys were. When my conductor dismounted the front of my power, you guys were standing on company property. I did not say that you guys were in harms way. However, I will say this much, you were not "sprinting", I never said anything close to that. This really does not need to go further than this......

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphot...=285571&nseq=0
Old 08-04-2009, 04:41 AM   #23
Andrew Blaszczyk (2)

Deleted. Not worth it.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:46 AM   #24
cblaz

Quote:
This really does not need to go further than this......
PhotoID: 285571
Thanks for the views.

- Chris
Old 08-04-2009, 04:56 AM   #25
TheRoadForeman
Banned

Andrew, show us the pics before the ones you showed? Note how you moved further away from the R.O.W. during the sequence. If you took any before this, I know you were on the R.O.W. ( my conductor and myself saw you two, no reason to lie) And Chris, look at your avatar and then look in the mirror......
Closed Thread