Old 05-13-2009, 09:17 AM   #1
willig

Default Why do people like the Beluga?

OK, I can understand the high number of views. No doubt people will want to click on the thumbnail.
Image © Graham Williams
PhotoID: 283292
Photograph © Graham Williams

However, I would have thought that most people's reaction ought to be, "Oh yeah, right", then close the picture.

But, why have 38 people favourited the shot? It's only a freak shot, a curio. It doesn't have any great photographic qualities. The train is going away, and you can hardly see the steam loco, which was the reason I was there. Maybe there might be good cause for a few Brits to favourite it ( location, train etc.), but why people from around the world?

Mind you, it's now my most favourited shot!

Still, people are obviously interested, I attach a shot taken a little while later on my way to my next location at the airfield which shows the Beluga getting ready to load. You can see a platform to the left with a couple of wings on it and the loading door of the aircraft is open.

BTW, in my opinion, the next location produced what I think is a much better shot.
Image © Graham Williams
PhotoID: 283323
Photograph © Graham Williams

As a matter of interest, as someone suggested, I have submitted it to JP.net. I think it has no chance of being accepted, but I suppose there would be some kind of kudos in having one shot on both sites.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Beluga loading.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	4065  

Last edited by willig; 05-13-2009 at 09:19 AM.
willig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:04 AM   #2
Wizzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by willig View Post
But, why have 38 people favourited the shot? It's only a freak shot, a curio. It doesn't have any great photographic qualities. The train is going away, and you can hardly see the steam loco, which was the reason I was there. Maybe there might be good cause for a few Brits to favourite it ( location, train etc.), but why people from around the world?
I would imagine precisely because it is so out of the ordinary - a steam hauled mainline train with a very unusual aircraft at low altitude in the same shot..............no chance of the screeners bouncing that one for cloudy day/common power

Press here to see my pics on railpictures.net

More pics here D1059 on Flickr
Wizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:09 PM   #3
ken45
LA&SL Fanatic

Sometimes I'll favorite a shot that I find particularly interesting just so I can quickly find it later. That's a pretty cool shot right there.