Old 10-05-2020, 04:18 PM   #1
Decapod401

Default Worth a resubmission?

Last night, I posted a photo of the Reading and Columbia Railroad's freight house in Columbia, Pennsylvania. There are a lot of railroad structures in the database, and I'm not sure why this one didn't qualify.

With that said, my caption did not paste correctly, and my previous submission's caption was submitted. My question is, should I resubmit with the correct caption below, or relegate it to Flickr?

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...06&key=7879309

Correct caption:

The Reading and Columbia Rail Road completed its trackage between Sinking Spring and Columbia, Pennsylvania in 1864. With trackage rights over the Reading’s Lebanon Valley Branch between Reading and Sinking Spring, the R&C was successful in connecting its namesake cities.

After assuming operations of the R&C in 1923, the Reading Company merged the line into its fold in 1945, and it became the Reading’s Reading and Columbia Branch. With Conrail’s takeover of the Reading, connections with former PRR lines at Lancaster, Landisville, and Columbia allowed abandonment of about eighteen miles of the line, with four segments remaining.

Today, the segment from Sinking Springs to Stevens, with trackage rights to Reading to Sinking Springs on NS, is operated by East Penn Railways. Norfolk Southern operates the segment from Lancaster to Lititz via Lancaster Junction. The Landisville Railroad operates about one mile timetable west from Amtrak’s Harrisburg Line at Landisville, and the Columbia and Reading Railway operates a similar length segment at the far end of the line in Columbia. Additionally, the East Penn operates a short piece of the former Mount Hope branch near Manheim.

Shown here, the Reading and Columbia freight house in Columbia has been restored to its onetime appearance.

My RP Pics are HERE.

I've now got a Flickr. account, too.
Decapod401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 05:06 PM   #2
Grewup on the CW

That should be a simple question for admin/email BUT I've never received a response/email from them on any question I've ever had. There is always the appeal but then again, I've never won a single one of those either or get a written reason to my appeal. So if it was me, I would moved on. You have more clout on here then me so maybe its worth an appeal explanation....
Grewup on the CW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 05:18 PM   #3
Joseph Cermak

Personally, I would try to get a shot with sun on the face of the building, if possible have the standard 3/4 wedge light on the visible face and side.
Joseph Cermak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 10:59 PM   #4
TedG

It certainly belongs in the database. I would resubmit with the correct caption.

What TOD did you shoot this, Doug? Looks like very late afternoon to me. Since the facade faces NW, I'm not sure the front is ever better lit. Unless you return on the longest days of the year.
/Ted
TedG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 11:34 PM   #5
RobJor

I have received an incorrect information rejection, this one may never have gotten to that point, but I have also resubmitted a photo with wrong caption which was not the rejection listed, using that correction as an excuse to resubmit the same photo and have had them accepted. But then my appeal rights are revoked so maybe not the best person ....

Bob
RobJor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 12:20 AM   #6
Decapod401

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewup on the CW View Post
That should be a simple question for admin/email BUT I've never received a response/email from them on any question I've ever had. There is always the appeal but then again, I've never won a single one of those either or get a written reason to my appeal. So if it was me, I would moved on. You have more clout on here then me so maybe its worth an appeal explanation....
I won't appeal. I use them sparingly, and almost always for a technical issue (unlevel usually). I have won greater than 50% of my appeals, but not because I have any special clout. This is a resubmission.

QUOTE=Joseph Cermak;196883]Personally, I would try to get a shot with sun on the face of the building, if possible have the standard 3/4 wedge light on the visible face and side.[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedG View Post
It certainly belongs in the database. I would resubmit with the correct caption.

What TOD did you shoot this, Doug? Looks like very late afternoon to me. Since the facade faces NW, I'm not sure the front is ever better lit. Unless you return on the longest days of the year.
/Ted
Ted is correct. In the late hours of the long days when the sun would possibly come around, there are trees that would most likely be casting a shadow on the NW end of the building. There is no lettering on the SE end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJor View Post
I have received an incorrect information rejection, this one may never have gotten to that point, but I have also resubmitted a photo with wrong caption which was not the rejection listed, using that correction as an excuse to resubmit the same photo and have had them accepted. But then my appeal rights are revoked so maybe not the best person ....

Bob
Thanks, everyone. I'll let you know how I fare.

My RP Pics are HERE.

Old 10-06-2020, 03:20 PM   #7
Grewup on the CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decapod401 View Post
[

I won't appeal. I use them sparingly, and almost always for a technical issue (unlevel usually). I have won greater than 50% of my appeals, but not because I have any special clout. This is a resubmission......

Thanks, everyone. I'll let you know how I fare.
By clout, I meant that you have been on RP for quite some time, far longer than me and with that your tenure alone should hold some value with admin.

Hope it works out. I have a similar situation I've been wanting to try but have not as I figured it would the the same rejection as yours. Photos like yours are worth sharing here on RP as it adds to the historical side of the database. It also provides a recorded data base of what has happen since the railroad has long since disappeared and tracks or trains no longer remain at the site.
Grewup on the CW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 04:41 PM   #8
RobJor

Of course, there is a resubmit at a future date folder. Let the rejection disappear, redo description and maybe a different crop. New screener, slightly different look.

Usually not a big deal view wise but for me, hey this should be accepted.

Image © Robert Jordan
PhotoID: 622182
Photograph © Robert Jordan

Bob

Last edited by RobJor; 10-06-2020 at 04:46 PM.
RobJor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 06:59 PM   #9
KevinM

Looks like Doug was successful!

Image © Doug Lilly
PhotoID: 750175
Photograph © Doug Lilly

From the looks of it, simply getting the caption correct did the trick.

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Albums from Steam Railroads all over the US.
KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:44 PM   #10
Decapod401

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
Looks like Doug was successful!

Image © Doug Lilly
PhotoID: 750175
Photograph © Doug Lilly

From the looks of it, simply getting the caption correct did the trick.
That was all I did, with a note to the screener that I was resubmitting with a corrected caption.

My RP Pics are HERE.

Old 10-06-2020, 10:44 PM   #11
TedG

I kind of suspected that was the real issue. So the initial rejection should have been for "Bad Info", not "Poor Aesthetic Quality".
/Ted
TedG is offline   Reply With Quote