Old 11-20-2018, 02:19 AM   #1
Decapod401
Senior Member
 
Decapod401's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 392
Default Rogue cloning?

I don't like to call out photos, but this one caught my eye and stuck. Look at the wedge-shaped cloned section at the top right. Probably a mistake in processing, but should be corrected.


Image © Donald Haskel
PhotoID: 677908
Photograph © Donald Haskel
__________________
Doug Lilly

My RP Pics are HERE.

I've now got a Flickr. account, too.

Last edited by Decapod401; 11-20-2018 at 02:21 AM.
Decapod401 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 11:54 AM   #2
miningcamper1
Senior Member
 
miningcamper1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decapod401 View Post
I don't like to call out photos, but this one caught my eye and stuck. Look at the wedge-shaped cloned section at the top right. Probably a mistake in processing, but should be corrected.


Image © Donald Haskel
PhotoID: 677908
Photograph © Donald Haskel
There's oddness across the top as well. Could this have been shot from inside a car on the road?

When I clone something, I make sure even the sharpest eyes can't spot it!
__________________
flickr photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/11947249@N03/

RP Photos: www.railpictures.net/miningcamper1/

Last edited by miningcamper1; 11-20-2018 at 12:00 PM.
miningcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:33 PM   #3
bigbassloyd
Senior Member
 
bigbassloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hilldale, West Virginia
Posts: 3,620
Default

Looks like it was rotated and rebuilt along the top.

Loyd L.
__________________
Social Media elevates the absurd and mediocre to a point where they aren't anymore, and that is a tragedy.

My personal photography site
bigbassloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:46 PM   #4
JimThias
Senior Member
 
JimThias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 9,797
Default

Quote:
The new fallen snow highlights everything down to the last twig.
Huh?
.....
__________________
.
Rhymes with slice, rice and mice, and probably should be spelled like "Tice."

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
JimThias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:59 PM   #5
miningcamper1
Senior Member
 
miningcamper1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassloyd View Post
Looks like it was rotated and rebuilt along the top.

Loyd L.
Yeah, that would explain why the clone was necessary. I just spotted where the clone came from.
__________________
flickr photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/11947249@N03/

RP Photos: www.railpictures.net/miningcamper1/

Last edited by miningcamper1; 11-20-2018 at 01:02 PM.
miningcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 03:42 PM   #6
RobJor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 685
Default

A good unintended consequence is he has some pretty cool older stuff that I am looking through, I always like to see what else may have been posted.

Seems this one could have been cropped after rotating rather than trying to fill in. Looking at some things from the early 60's, if they are his, I am willing to give him the senior pass on this one.

Bob Jordan
RobJor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 04:35 PM   #7
Joseph Cermak
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cleveland, Rochester, Erie
Posts: 354
Default

Yeah lots of weirdness going on along the top and the right side, as was said it seems like a rebuilt rotation.
Joseph Cermak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 04:35 PM   #8
KevinM
Senior Member
 
KevinM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJor View Post
Looking at some things from the early 60's, if they are his, I am willing to give him the senior pass on this one.

Bob Jordan
I totally agree. He's a long-time contributor and I really appreciate the folks who post the older film shots, especially the New England stuff, as I am a New England-er myself.

My suggestion in situations such as this is to send the photographer a PM, letting him know what you are seeing. If he's like most of us, he'll work to get it fixed ASAP. We all miss details from time to time and we all want our stuff to look as good as we can make it.
__________________
/Kevin

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Lots of Steam Railroad stuff there from all over the US.
KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 06:09 PM   #9
Decapod401
Senior Member
 
Decapod401's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 392
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
I totally agree. He's a long-time contributor and I really appreciate the folks who post the older film shots, especially the New England stuff, as I am a New England-er myself.

My suggestion in situations such as this is to send the photographer a PM, letting him know what you are seeing. If he's like most of us, he'll work to get it fixed ASAP. We all miss details from time to time and we all want our stuff to look as good as we can make it.
Kevin,

I totally agree, and I should not have brought this up for discussion - a lapse in judgment on my part.
__________________
Doug Lilly

My RP Pics are HERE.

I've now got a Flickr. account, too.
Decapod401 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 06:13 PM   #10
bigbassloyd
Senior Member
 
bigbassloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hilldale, West Virginia
Posts: 3,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decapod401 View Post
Kevin,

I totally agree, and I should not have brought this up for discussion - a lapse in judgment on my part.
We can move onto the POTW then..

Loyd L.
__________________
Social Media elevates the absurd and mediocre to a point where they aren't anymore, and that is a tragedy.

My personal photography site
bigbassloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 06:32 PM   #11
RobJor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 685
Default

Thought better of it.
Sorry. Bob

Last edited by RobJor; 11-20-2018 at 07:54 PM.
RobJor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:46 PM   #12
Pkwlsn
Member
 
Pkwlsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 60
Default

It's not just along the top where there is weird cloning going on. Above the gray box to the left, directly ahead of the locomotive, there is a lot of weird artifacts.
__________________
My Flickr
My RP.net
Pkwlsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.