Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2015, 10:22 PM   #1
ExNavyDoc

Default Equipment problem?

Been having an issue getting sharp images in the past month from my Nikon D300 and 17-55 f/2.8.

I have had no problem getting great images from this lens, in fact I think almost all of my shots on RP are with this lens, but I was out a week ago trying to get a few shots with the leaves changing, and ALL of the images were extremely unsharp.

This weekend my wife and I stopped at the Curve for a brief time on our way to a family event, as my wife had never been there before.

Anyway, almost all of my shots from there are significantly blurry, especially along the left edge of the frame. This was both with a Tokina 10-17 f/2.8, and the Nikon 17-55.

17-55:

Focus point here was the center of the frame, basically over the NS logo on the lead unit.

1/400 f/6.3 ISO 1000 Zoom at 19mm

Now, I do have the autofocus de-coupled from the shutter button for shooting sports, but I don't think that should be an issue.

Any thoughts? I should probably clean the contacts on both the body and the lens just to make sure.

My concern is that the AF module in either the camera or lens is going bad. I probably have close to 75k actuations, if not more since I've had this camera.

Thanks!

Mike

My RP.net Photos Here

My Smugmug Galleries Here

Last edited by ExNavyDoc; 11-03-2015 at 01:59 AM.
ExNavyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote