Send a message via MSN to iCe

Welcome

Hope you like it here.

http://members.rogers.com/will2004/Banner.jpg</A>
iCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 01:39 AM   #52
K.J.

Greetings....

I am 30 year old male from London,England..
I have many varied interests.My family take up most of my time though..lol

I am also into commercial aviation and frequently visit the aviation photo galleries.
I am mainly only interested in British trains( as is my 3 year old son.He constantly watches my train dvds and videos...Much to his mothers distress .) ,but enjoy looking at some of the stunning pictures on here from over the pond.
I have been into trains for many years and up until about 1998 was an active photographer of trains but then my children and work way took priority.Well I am back on tracks so to speak and am attempting to find some time to get out more and photograph some of the UK stock.I am also at present sorting out my older prints and trying to clear them up for possible exhibition on here...

I have alot to thank this site for.It made me get the old camera out and get back at it.
Cheers people and I look forward to chatting with you amongst the threads.....
Old 11-29-2003, 02:19 AM   #53
busyEMT

Hello, my name is Aaron Florin, a few months shy of 30 y/o and a Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic in the Twin Cities. My schedule allows for many weekdays and every other weekend to shoot pics.

I have been around trains all my life. My mom tells me that I would line up pencils and other things along the carpet as early as 12 months. My father, originally hired by the Northern Pacific was absorbed by the BN. I spent summers throughout my childhood on the Hi-Line and southwestern Montana and Idaho while he worked his Tamper. Unfortunately, the pictures I took as a kid are not RailPictures.net worthy.

The railfan bug bit me hard a few months ago. In fact, I bought our Fuji S5000 mainly for rail photography. My wife tags along every-so-often, to get out of the house, in hopes of grading her 8th graders' work - but soon she is paying attention to the scanner while I stand trackside. It is infectious!
busyEMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 04:56 AM   #54
iCe

KJ, ever seen the Eurostar?

You guys got a bunch of colorful and interesing trains there!

And Welcome Aaron...oh wait, u joined before me! lol

Old 11-29-2003, 03:20 PM   #55
K.J.

Hey ICE.
Yeah they are an everyday occurence were I live.
I live on a road between two stations Beckenham Junction and Beckenham Hill.Both are mainline for the Eurostar.I hear them everyday and see them when waiting for my train on the platform.
I will get some shots up for you when I can and I will dig out a map to show the two stations mentioned..
My Deltic shot on this site was taken at Bromley South station.The two stations mentioned are on that line so Eurostar constantly goes through there too.
Its funny how I have become qiute blaise about the Eurostar only because I see them everyday..
Old 11-29-2003, 06:32 PM   #56
iCe

Well if you want us to see your shots on this site an signature like mine below can be very useful. Simply, on the front page, go to Members, click on Photo Link Maker, copy the entire code and paste it into your signature, which can be found in your profile editor.

Old 11-29-2003, 07:31 PM   #57
K.J.

I'll go give that a go .Cheers.
Old 11-29-2003, 09:59 PM   #58
S.C. Vermillion

My name is Shawn. C. Vermillion I live 4 miles due south of CP182 on the NS Dayton District. In Springfield, Ohio that is. I am employed at Bill Marine Auto Center. I use an Olympus IS 50QD with a single 28-120 lense and tons of Fuji 100.

My photos at Railpictures.net
Springfield Railroads
S.C. Vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 06:39 PM   #59
C40dash8

Hi. I'm Brian. I'm 45 years old (going on 21!), and an Assistant Chief Dispatcher for CSX. I've been working for the railroad for 24 years, first as a tower operator and dispatcher for Amtrak in Maryland and Philadelphia, then with RF&P in Richmond, now with CSX. I grew up in Seabrook, MD and "cut my teeth" photographing the NEC. College in Arkansas introduced me to the Missouri Pacific. I have 3 beautiful daughters; between them and working all the time I don't have much time to take rail pictures. When I do, it's usually on the "funnel" between Folkston, GA and Callahan, FL. I have a Nikon SLR and an Olympus point and shoot that goes everywhere with me.
I love this site--sometimes I see pictures of the trains I was handling the day before! It also helps me to keep up with things in places I rarely get to see.
C40dash8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 05:38 PM   #60
Chris Starnes
Administrator

Brian,

I'm interested to know which desk/desks you normally work. Some of us may have heard you before

Chris
Old 01-07-2004, 07:36 AM   #61
C40dash8

I mainly work assistant chief's jobs now, including the Appalachian Division. My regular job is the Atlanta North ACD. When I do dispatch, which is rare these days, it's on the Florence Division, also the Georgia Sub and of course the RF&P. My initials are LBM. I would love to dispatch the Appalachian Division as long as they gave me thorough road review =)
BTW, Chris, the next time I work the Appalachian Division, your avatar will be the new wallpaper on my computer!
C40dash8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 06:16 PM   #62
rsd-17

Hi, I'm John, and I joined this site a couple of weeks ago.

I'm 48 years old and live in Bowmanville, ON, about 3/4 mile north of the defect detector at MP 290.5 of CN's Kingston sub and about the same distance south of CP's Belleville sub. I'm a regular commuter to Toronto, riding VIA trains 51 and 48.

I'm a member of several rail related Yahoo groups and also Trainorders where I go by the handles of run8systems and newtonville150 respectively. Run 8 Systems Inc. is the name of my IT consulting company, which does work for several securities dealers in Toronto.

I was the image screener for the old CompuServe TrainNet forum from 1995 until AOL pulled the plug on the forum.

I'm originally from the U.K. but have lived in Canada for almost half my life.
Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!
rsd-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 07:25 AM   #63
Ween

Hey everyone! My name's Chris Paulhamus, and I live in O'Fallon, IL. I'm 27 years old, fly Lears, and am just getting into taking pictures of trains. With that being said, I suck pretty bad right now, but I'm working on it!. I have a simple Nikon Coolpix 2100 that should yield some pretty good shots of the local scene once I figure out its intricacies.

Looking forward to sending in some stuff and seeing the continued growth of this site!
Ween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 08:43 AM   #64
hkgspotter1

I'm Daryl Chapman and I'm from the UK but have been in Hong Kong since 1987. I was once a train spotter before I left the UK and am now a plane spotter as those of you from jetphotos will know.

I still have a big interest in trains but Hong Kong is rather limited to underground trains and not too many others. Anyway I'm going to take some pics and of our very special Trams and see if they get accepted.

See'ya!!
Old 04-27-2004, 06:45 PM   #65
railfanzone

Been here on RP.net for a little while, but finally here's my intro. My name is Tom Nanos from Lebanon, Connecticut. I'm 34 years old, and work as an IT Systems Analyst (aka programmer/integrator/system designer/etc.) for Pfizer Global Manufacturing in Groton, CT. I've been interested in railroads pretty much all my life, and have been a photo bug since early high school. Only recently (around 2000) have I put the two together, and found out that getting peanut butter in my chocolate is pretty damn good! (who remembers that commercial??). I currently shoot 100% slides, and despite being a techno-geek, I refuse to go digital (unless I can scrape together the 8 grand for a Canon 1-DS 11 megapixel....). Yeah, you can get instant satisfaction from shooting digital, but I enjoy the challenge of shooting slides. But I digress....

Anyways, I primarily shoot around the southern New England area trying to focus on the shortlines like NECR, P&W, HRRC, Guilford (yeah, a bit bigger than your typical shortline, but not exactly a Class-1) & CSOR, rather than big old CSX. I do enjoy hitting Selkirk every now & then (moreso for the foreign power that's pretty much always there), but get much more satisfaction from the smaller roads. You can see CSX anywhere...not much of the others out there. I also volunteer at the Connecticut Eastern Railroad Museum in Willimantic, CT - www.cteastrrmuseum.org. We've rebuilt the old New York, New Haven & Hartford RR's Columbia Junction Roundhouse, and are in the process of building an entire railroad village on the grounds consisting of restored vintage buildings, equipment & trackwork.

Well, that's enough rambling from me...feel free to check out my website & my RP.net photos - both links are below...enjoy!
Tom

Flickr stuff - http://www.flickr.com/photos/nanosphoto/
My Railpictures.net Photos
My published photo portfolio
My one photo on JetPhotos.net
railfanzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 06:33 AM   #66
Anonymous

Howdy folks, I'm Art aka Sundance currently in Greensboro,NC (about a mile from the Pomona yards), orgininally from Watervliet,NY (about 3 miles from the mighty Delaware & Hudson Colonie yard). Just recently getting back into railfaning, used to ride my dirtbike all along the D&H's mainline and the old Troy & Saratoga line.
I come from a transportation family... trucks, trains, tugs boats, and a few pilots but we don't talk about them too much (blacksheep of the family)... so I grew up hearing stories about fast trucks, big trains, and leaky boats.
My hobbies include playing hockey, riding dirtbikes, and of course chasing trains amongest other things.
You come thur the Piedmont you can gimme a shout on CB chs. 12 or 19... handle is Sundance of course.
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 05:00 AM   #67
jerkass

Send a message via AIM to jerkass

whats up my name is jerkass im 17 years old and have been in love with trains as far as i can remember although my liking led to the riding of trains around the time i turned 15 i hopped my first train and havn't been able to stop. i'd like to upload some pictures of riding the rails but i dont think this site allows it. that's about it
jerkass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 07:04 AM   #68
IluvS500

Send a message via AIM to IluvS500

My name is Tyler, as you can see in my sig, and I also like Mercedes Benz. I have loved trains since I was little, when my grandfather moved into their new house near a the CP Railway in Gurnee Illinois. I would spend hours waiting for trains to go by. I also enjoy traveling, driving, and spending time with my friends. I hope to use this forum just as much as I go to the Mercedes forum, but this one has a little less festivities so I will have to look into changing that.

I love S500

http://www.mbusa.com/media/images/ma...an_10_main.jpg
IluvS500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 03:12 AM   #69
mars00XJ

My name is John. 32 Yrs old and I love trains. It all started when I was a kid. Had my own model RR. Visited the railway museum in Union, IL a few times. My grandfather took me up to Green Bay one year to their museum. Ever since I have been hooked. Have railfanned off and on for the past ten years now. Now I am passing it along to my 6 year old.

Tyler, I loved going to Viking Park along the tracks. got to play on the playground and watch trains.
mars00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote