Old 01-24-2003, 04:11 AM   #26
Lord Vader

Default Introduce Yourself to the Forum!

Greetings. I'm 29yo and reside in Cincinnati, Ohio. I use a pair of Nikon's (FM-2's) and a battery of lenses. I primarily shoot Fuji Provia 100F & 400F, but occasionally play with Agfa Scala. My main interests are shooting local railroads, particularly branchline and yard operations. See ya trackside.

I maintain the following websites:
www.ctcboard.com www.mainlinemodeler.com www.nscalemagazine.com www.hundman.com www.k8dti.com www.csxlouisville.com www.csxmidwest.com
Lord Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 06:37 AM   #27
nickleplate

Hey, my name is Len Dunlap and i have been into trains for about 27 years. Work for the fullscale outfit and enjoy every bit of it. I use a Canon F-1 which is getting wore out, gonna go digital soon. Currently live in the Piedmont of NC, grew up in Northern Indiana on the NKP mainline (hence my username!) [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
nickleplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 05:59 AM   #28
Matt Cvitkovich

Hello, everyone. My name is Matt, I am 21 years old and live in Dayton, Ohio. Try to shoot Ohio railroads whenever I can , currently concentrating on B&O CPL Signals.I use a Nikon FM3a, usually loaded with Fujichrome Astia or Provia 100f.
Matt Cvitkovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 06:51 PM   #29
Greg

Send a message via AIM to Greg

My name is Greg.

Last edited by Greg; 04-03-2005 at 11:02 PM.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 08:49 AM   #30
SO_CAL_RAILFAN

Send a message via AIM to SO_CAL_RAILFAN Send a message via Yahoo to SO_CAL_RAILFAN

My name is Marshall Starks I am a 17 year old railfan from San Diego Ca.
Old 03-25-2003, 02:16 PM   #31
oltmannd

Default Who I am

I am Don Oltmann, 46 years old. Have been interested in railroad since before I can remember. Have been working for class one frt RR since graduating college in various staff positions in Mechanical, Intermodal and Transportaton depts. Did quite a bit of railfanning BC (Before Children) - much less these days.
oltmannd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 01:46 PM   #32
Silagi
Banned

My name is Richard Silagi and I am 43 years old and live in Fremont CA. I first got interested in railroads when I started model railroading in 1974. Like most model railroaders, I started chasing the real thing and found them more fun than the models. After about 7 years of intense train chasing, I decided to put railfanning on the back burner and concentrate primarily on my main hobby interest, aviation photography. In recent years, hanging around airports has become more and more less pleasant of a pastime so I have rekindled my interest in railroads to help keep me happy and sane. Luckily I live in a community that has lots of railroad action so I do not have to venture far from home. In Fremont, the UP Coast, Niles, Oakland, Warm Springs, and Milpitas subs all come together. In addition to UP we get BNSF with trackage rights on UP, Amtrak Coast Starlight, Amtrak California Capitols, and the Altamont Commuter Express trains. We also have the historic Niles Canyon Railway operating through the beautiful Niles Canyon on the east side of town and across the bay we have the CalTrain commuter line between SF and SJ.
Silagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 10:03 PM   #33
ATF1224

Send a message via AIM to ATF1224 Send a message via MSN to ATF1224 Send a message via Yahoo to ATF1224

My Name is Jake Mensel, I'm a railfan in North Carolina. I railfan Norfolk Southern's Winston-Salem District between Winston-Salem, NC and Roanoke, VA mostly. I have a growing web site also.
Old 04-21-2003, 11:29 AM   #34
CityRail

Send a message via MSN to CityRail

Hello all,
I have been interested in Trains ever since the day my Grandfather took me on one when I was a child (CityRail Transit train it was). I am 18 and in my final year of high school at the moment, hoping one day to become a commercial pilot for Qantas Airways Australia on the 747 or 767.

So please I look forward to hearing from you and your posts and hope they are quality and informative, and I hope I can provide you with the same informative and high quality/interesting news and information.

Thanks in advance,
Old 05-01-2003, 10:59 PM   #35
Ben Chapman

Send a message via AIM to Ben Chapman

Hello everyone!!!

My name is Ben Chapman,I just turned 23 (April 8th) and I live in Chickamauga, Georgia.I am employed at Big Horn Inc. (saddle factory).
I am also a musician, play drums and guitar in a couple of christian bands.

I have loved trains since I was a kid.I started railfanning somewhere around 1997. The closest rail line is the shortline Chattooga & Chickamauga Railway which operates two lines, former Tennessee, Alabama, and Georgia trackage and former Central of Georgia trackage.
The closest class 1 is the AGS main line on the NS between Chattanooga,
TN and Birmingham, AL.

I started photographing trains around 1999, but never had a decent camera untill January of 2003, when i purchased a Canon Powershot S30
digital camera. I enjoy photography alot more not having to worry about film and processing.

I heard about this website in February, and think it is absolutly awesome!!!!! I look foreward to posting more photos , and seeing everyone elses photos too!!

Hats off to Chris k. and Chris S.

Ben
Ben Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 05:46 PM   #36
wirailfan

Hi everybody!

I figure it's about time to introduce myself since I've been posting pictures for quite some time.

My name is Tom Johnson and I live in La Crosse, WI. I am 35 years old and am a Planning Engineer III for CenturyTel, the 8th largest Independent Local Exchange Company (Telephone, Long Distance, Broadband, etc.) in the U.S.

My interest in trains began from an early age when I grew up along the Illinois Central in Northwestern Illinois. My Grandfather worked for the IC and my Great Grandfather owned the farm bordering the north side of the East Portal of the Chicago Great Western's Winston Tunnel, so I've been primarily interested in those two railroads until recently.

I began train photography a few years ago after moving to La Crosse. The BNSF double-track main from Chicago to the west coast is right outside of my front door. The Canadian Pacific and IC&E are also local railroads that get fanned alot. Many weekends are also spent along the IC in Northwestern Illinois and Eastern Iowa. There are also yearly trips to Daytons Bluff (Twin Cities), Galesburg, IL, Clinton, IA and Centralia, IL.

Equipment up to this point is a Canon Powershot G2. Due to the limitations of this camera (and my desire to spend lots of money!) I am currently upgrading to a Canon D10 and some "L" Series Glass.
wirailfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 06:05 AM   #37
Ferroequus

Send a message via Yahoo to Ferroequus

Hello, my name is Harvey Henkelman...and I hired out on CSX last year as a trainman. My railroad interests include taking photographs (just bought a Nikon Coolpix 3100 digicam), collecting locomotive air horns, 1:900 scale model trains (known as TY scale) and rail history.

Originally born in Wisconsin, my first rail memories include seeing SOO LINE F7's racing across the landscape with way freight in tow, waving to the caboose crew (oh, how I relish those childhood memories!)

Right now I'm employed in yard service (Tampa, Florida), but I hope to move to the road this coming fall...
Old 05-26-2003, 03:52 PM   #38
placombe

Default Introduce yourself to this forum

My name is Pierre Lacombe (49) and I live in the Montréal region. I am fortunate enough to work at the airport which is just a mile north of the busiest rail route in Canada (Montréal-Toronto) I guess. I have been shooting aircrafts for the past 5 years and posted many of my pics on Jetphotos.Net and other aircraft web sites. But, I always loved trains and I'm now wondering why I have been waiting so long to shoot them ? Watching trains is a remnant of my childhood and these days, being nearly half-a-century old, I'm still waving my hand to the man in the loco. I've realized that there are not much pics on this web site that were taken in the Québec province...but let me handle this. My hometown is Ste-Thérèse (about 12 miles north of Montréal) which has a yard own by CP and located just north of the GM plant. That is why this yard is filled with enclosed autorack car (75%) and a variety of freight cars (25%). The city of Montréal has 3 or 4 big yards own by CP and CN and where you have a chance to see a bigger variety of freight cars. The (eternal) problem is finding a place where you can shoot in total legality and this is why using a zoom lens is very useful. The one I use is a 28-200 mounted on a Nikon F80. I also use a Minolta X700 with a variety of lens from 28 to 210.

Thank you for reading me and let me know if ever some of you drop by in the Montréal region. I'll be glad to help.
placombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 04:20 AM   #39
Robby

Greetings all,

Let's see, I'm Robby Vaughn from Georgetown, Ky. I just turned the big 40 although I feel like I'm still 20. I grew up in Corbin, Ky where my father was the Terminal Trainmaster for the L&N and my grandfather was an engineer for the C&M RR and later the L&N. Guess that explains my obsession with trains!

I have three engineering degrees (electrical, mechanical & mining) and currently work for Toyota in Georgetown as a Quality Engineer where I'm responsible for many of the vehicle electrical systems such as engine controls, audio, navigation and airbags. With suppliers all over the place, I get to travel alot and always plan ahead to get in some railfannin' if possible. In years past, I did some freelance engineering work for coal companies in EKY which allowed me to get an inside understanding of coal operations and their relationships with the RRs. I still have many friends in the industry and write articles for some of the coal-related mags.

I'm married to an understanding wife who puts up with my hobbies as long as I promise never to take her into West Virginia ever again. (long railfan related story). In addition to train photography, I also model and have an entire basement full of a three level Appalachian-based monster. Camera-wise, I had been a diehard Kodachrome 25 & 64 fan when the sun was out and B&W buff on overcast days. I always used all Canon equipment and bought the best glass I could afford. Most of my film-based pics on this website were scanned with Nikon CoolScan scanners. I tried digital in March 2002 with the purchase of an Olympus C-4040, then bought a D60 to use with my existing lenses. When the 10D came out, I bought the first one I could get my hands on and the D60 was given to my brother as a gift. He's a Fish & Wildlife officer in Pike co, Ky and now uses the D60 with a 400mm to help snag violators. He recently used it to record 5 different people who took a shot at a remote control deer out of season! From trains to law enforcement, digital has come a long way.

Most weekends you'll find me somewhere trackside, usually in EKY chasing trains out of Corbin or up and down the Big Sandy. Just look for the white Toyota Tacoma, honk and pull me over......

Robby
Robby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 08:57 PM   #40
GreatWestern

Hello i am Dan and an Aviation and Railroad Fan, if you use JP.net i am G-TDTW.

Cya in the forums
GreatWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 09:22 PM   #41
willie6622

Default About me

I have only been in photography for about 4 months. I use a Fuji Finepix 2800 for my digital stuff, and a Cannon EOS Elan 7 for slides. I'm a former Conrail employee, & now work for NS. I'm a locomotive engineer based out of Mingo Jct., Ohio. That just about wraps it up.
willie6622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 07:49 PM   #42
Gregory Wallace

Hi, everyone, my name's Gregory Wallace, I'm 42 years old, and I live in Memphis TN. Because of the Mississippi River bridge crossings here, I get to see quite a lot of trains... and only recently did I start getting interesting in knowing more about them.

I'm not connected to the rail industry, but my great-grandfather worked his whole life for Southern RR; he lived in Hattiesburg MS.

I'm not a photographer, but I'm glad that so many of you are!
________
jailbreak

Last edited by Gregory Wallace; 01-23-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Gregory Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 05:11 PM   #43
Guilford350

Hello everybody! My name is Mike and I'm from Connecticut. I'm a senior in high school. I'm 17 years old and I have been interested in trains ever since I can remember. I post my pictures at http://photos.nerail.org and at Railpictures.net (of course, ).
Guilford350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 09:06 PM   #44
mojo628

Greetings from Memphis.

My name is M.J. Scanlon and I've just recently begun to photograph trains. I'm trying to learn the lingo and ways of the train world. It can be a bit confusing sometimes. Do the trains ever run on time?? Anyway, I hope I can bring some enjoyable shots of the trains that travel through the Memphis area to this site.

"Beat to fit.... paint to match!!"
mojo628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 07:03 AM   #45
TimChgo9

Send a message via Yahoo to TimChgo9
Default Introduce Yourself to The Forum

Hi...

My name is Tim Metzger, 38 years old, twice divorced father of five... yep, count 'em, five kids. I have been railfanning since the summer after fifth grade, when my friend and I started hanging around the ICG main (now CN) through Hillside, Il. My main interest is Military History, but , I love trains, and photography. I have shot nearly 1000 digital pictures so far of rail activity here in the Chicago area (can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a train)

Hopefully, more of my pictures will be approved here, and you can see some of my work .. Great forum, and great site.

"Stupid should hurt"

"Better to remain silent, and have people assume you are an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

"Listen with your ears, not with your mouth."

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!
TimChgo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 01:09 AM   #46
egll

Send a message via MSN to egll

This is Matthew Willmott-Sharp signing in. Up until now all my uploads have been at JetPhotos and the other aviation sites but last night I uploaded my first shot to this site. Anyone who knows me from the aviation sites would probably know that I am a regular at Heathrow Airport and as you can guess my uploads will be almost entirely from the UK, but I have a few pics from other countries in my collection (even a couple from Nevada).

I'm 32 and work for South West Trains, a private rail company in the south of England, although I actually work in south west London. Been interested in trains since I can remember and my photo collection goes back to around 1986, I have loads of prints to scan so I think I'm going to have to buy a film scanner soon, although my current camera is a Canon D30 which is just about to be replaced by a 10D.

I hope that the many North Americans who visit this site will be interested in seeing 'foreign' pictures and I hope that more photographers from around the world will soon start to upload so that I have some competition to work against

I would also like to say thanks to Chris K for the welcoming comment he made to accompany my first upload!

Matt
egll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 06:34 AM   #47
chapmon

Default Introducing myself

My name is Mike Chapmon, and I currently live in Longview, TX next to the BNSF and UP. I have been taking pictures of railfan photography since 1971, and have literally thousands of slides and negatives. Since I was U.S. Navy for 20 years, they range from Texas, to Canada, to Washington, California, and other locations all over the country.

I shot most of them with Canon Elan's, but now am switching to digital.

Once I have a scanner and digital camera (next 3 mos), I will be posting a lot of my work for everyone to share in. I'm looking forward to it, and there is a lot of great photography here.

Mike
chapmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 02:11 AM   #48
Bob

Default Newbie Info

Hi Group,
I just joined RailPix.net a couple days ago and saw this area.
I'm 59 and live in the high desert of California about an hour east of Bakersfield. Not much, as in, NO train activity in the immediate area, but like some wise soul said, "You can the boy away from trains, but you can't take trains away from the boy." At least I THINK somebody said that. If they didn't, they should have.
I grew up in a railroader's home so I have more cinders than corpuscles in my blood. Grandad was a coppersmith on the Katy (MKT), and dad retired from UP in 1971 after 30+ years. I've been told that I took my first steps in the aisle of a UP passenger train that was running about 80 mph at the time, so this love of trains just came naturally.
As for photography, this love was injected into the system by folks/things unknown at a very early age. My first camera was a Brownie Box Camera ... you know the kind ... brown plastic cube with a lens and a white shutter button on one side. Seems like it had a plastic handle on top, too.
A lot has developed over the years including pix taken with a 4x5 Speed Graphic, 35 mm Canon outfit, 645 Mamiya outfit, 35 mm Contax outfit, and these days I use Olympus digitals, a C2100 uz and an E20n. The digital darkroom consists of Photoshop 7, Photoshop Elements, and Photoshop Album.
I could go on and on ad nauseum, but I think I should keep it short.
I'm glad I found this place.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 02:15 AM   #49
iCe

Send a message via MSN to iCe

Welcome!

Hope you enjoy your time here!

btw, i'm fairly new too

http://members.rogers.com/will2004/Banner.jpg</A>
iCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 12:51 PM   #50
AussieChick2865

Hello all

My name is Carley, live in Australia and 24 years old. I am interested in learning about Trains. Which is why I joined. I also have other interest. I won't bore you so I say hello all

Carley