Old 08-22-2006, 04:01 AM   #26
photogeek88

Send a message via AIM to photogeek88

Kinda funny how all of the young guys like Chris, Nick, and myself are all into Classic Rock. Beatles and Zeppelin get the most airtime on the classic rock sector for me; I'm also a big Dave Matthews Band and Coldplay guy. My girlfriend has also made me add every U2 album to my iPod; not my favorite band, but I've learned to love them (mostly for the Brownie Points I earn from tolerating them!).About as hard-rock as I will get is Red Hot Chili Peppers, so to say I'm a mellow guy is an understatement! If I don't have the iPod along, I'm an NPR member, so I get my money's worth outta that, and for regular music radio, it's gotta be Q106.5 out of the Quad Cities, classic rock and Dwyers and Michael's comedy show in the mornings. If you guys ever come out west on the Geneva Sub, that's THE radio station to listen to!
photogeek88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:43 AM   #27
fuente1

Location: Concord, NC MP 355 on NS Piedmont Divison Charlotte District
Send a message via AIM to fuente1 Send a message via Yahoo to fuente1

First off, Sirius rocks while railfanning. Same stations coast to coast so. My dial stays stuck on Sirius 31, Radio Margaritaville. Jimmy Buffett is a major part of my railfanning.
fuente1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:47 AM   #28
Ween

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyEMT
Isn't that a shame! Just a couple years after local stations started carrying his show, he retires.

Very little music in my car. Talk radio and scanner radio.
I just started listening this Spring, and he's gone! I would pull in my garage after railfanning and sit there and listen cause it was too friggin' funny to walk away from...
Old 08-22-2006, 05:03 AM   #29
NS 2557

I listen to AC/DC Pink Floyd and the great canadian band that is Rush when im out railfaning
NS 2557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:04 AM   #30
Ru1056

Send a message via Yahoo to Ru1056

Lets see, what do I have in the ole CD holder in the car. Dwight Yoakam, Randy Travis, George Strait, The Derailers, Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, Steve Earle, Aerosmith, The Notorius Cherry Bombs, Chris Issac, Marty Robbins,Johnny Horton, Ricky Scaggs, Allison Kraus, and Eric Clapton.

If it is not one of those, it is on talk radio.

JREB.ORG. Moderated discussion forums about NS & CSX

Remember the ugly photo god.
Ru1056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:10 AM   #31
4kV

Location: Homeless, alcoholic drifter with no permanent address

Artists routinely listened to whilst out near the rails........

Rush, AC/DC, Pre 1991 Metallica, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Deep Purple, Britney Spears, Megadeth, Queensryche, Judas Priest, Slayer, Thin Lizzy..... Dammit, Britney Spears? Jumpin' Jesus on a mountaintop, how the hell did that get in my list?

Click on n691lf.rrpicturearchives.net for a good laugh and waste of your time.

Last edited by 4kV; 08-22-2006 at 09:53 AM.
4kV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:14 AM   #32
IC 6071

Send a message via Yahoo to IC 6071

AC/DC, Queen, INXS, Led Zeppelin, STYX, Bad Company, Men at Work... there all good! Rap is the worse invention on the planet. In my eyes, it shows no talent! Sorry if I ticked anyone off. Anyways, our first day of school is Friday the 25th (half day), and then , we get out Monday for Labor Day. I dont see why they just dont wait and start after Labor Day.
-Adam

May the CCP the WC and the IC LIVE ON

Last edited by IC 6071; 08-22-2006 at 05:17 AM. Reason: none
IC 6071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:25 AM   #33
NicTrain35

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC 6071
Rap is the worse invention on the planet.
I second that.
Quote:
I dont see why they just dont wait and start after Labor Day.
I also agree with you there.

My pictures at RP:
http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=3955
NicTrain35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:26 AM   #34
cmherndon
Banned

Send a message via AIM to cmherndon Send a message via Yahoo to cmherndon

Quote:
I dont see why they just dont wait and start after Labor Day.
Because that would make too much sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kV
Rush, AC/DC, Pre 1991 Metallica, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Deep Purple, Britney Spears, Megadeth, Queensryche, Judas Priest, Slayer, Thin Lizzy..... Dammit, Britney Spears? Christ on a mountaintop, how the hell did that get in my list?
Dude, how could you leave out Journey and Air Supply? Those guys friggin' ROCK!

Last edited by cmherndon; 08-22-2006 at 05:30 AM.
cmherndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:39 AM   #35
4kV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmherndon
.....Journey and Air Supply? Those guys friggin' ROCK!
Air Supply is great for getting the hard edge back into things after listening to one of Metallica's new CDs.

And Journey? Man, as you and I have discussed, Steve Perry is one badass dude, damn near tearing down a whole warehouse building with one hand in the best video ever, "Seperate Ways."

And let's not forget another bad ass from the 80s, George Michael. Talk about rocking stuff!

Old 08-22-2006, 06:37 AM   #36
cmherndon
Banned

Send a message via AIM to cmherndon Send a message via Yahoo to cmherndon

Quote:
Man, as you and I have discussed, Steve Perry is one badass dude, damn near tearing down a whole warehouse building with one hand in the best video ever, "Seperate Ways."
I believe the correct term for that was "attacked a corrugated metal building down by the wharf". Plus, Steve does the fist clench, so he's got to be a bad mofo.
cmherndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 06:41 AM   #37
4kV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmherndon
I believe the correct term for that was "attacked a corrugated metal building down by the wharf".
Right. I embellished a little bit. Either way, I wouldn't want to mess with him.

Old 08-22-2006, 09:46 AM   #38
jdirelan87

I listen to the same things I always listen to; first and for most the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Kayne West, Luda, Biggy Smalls, Ratatat, the Roots. I got a soft spot for the 80's like Eddie Money and MJ (Bille Jean will never get old). I use to like the classic rock, after a year, you've already heard all the songs.
jdirelan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:45 PM   #39
LAHDPOP

As soon as I get in range for the scanner, the radio and CD player go silent. There's usually too much chatter on the CSX freqs to keep up with it while trying to listen to music. The only exception is that during football season, I'll listen to ESPN Radio while driving or waiting.

I didn't say it was your fault.... I said I was going to blame you.

Click Here to see my rp.net photos.

Click Here to see my "personal collection"
LAHDPOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:24 PM   #40
WembYard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccaranna
Classical. Not classic rock, but Beethoven, Brahms, Rachmaninoff, etc.
Chuck, you are not alone I listen to Classical music all the time though I am not too keen on Opera.
In London I also used to listen to "Capital Gold" which played 1950's/1960's hits, but I now live just out of broadcast range.
WembYard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 01:07 AM   #41
socalrailfan
Master Railfan

One word, DreamTheater, ok it was two words. This band has and does it all for a progressive rock band.
See more of my train photos at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/firehouse16
See my train videos at:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SoCalRailFan
socalrailfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 06:39 AM   #42
Devil 505

I listen to mostly hard rock and metal when I'm on my way somewhere, but when I get near the spot I'm going, The radio soes off and the scanner gets turned on. I've been listening to a lot of Pantera, Machine Head, Unearth, and Down lately.
Devil 505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:34 PM   #43
NSFan14

I Like Rap,Hip-Hop,Rock,Death Metal,And Heavy Metal My Favorite Bands/Singers Are Slipknot,Korn,Young Dro,Lil Jon,Young Joc,And Young Jeezy
Old 08-26-2006, 04:01 AM   #44
David Telesha

If it ROCKS it PLAYS on my radio...CLASSIC ROCK, Boston, Queen, Beatles, The Doors, etc...................................to TODAY'S ROCK, Yellowcard, Nickleback, Panic! At the Disco, 3 Doors Down, etc...........................................

If I tried to remember every band or song I liked, the list would crash the site and make my head explode...so accept this:

ROCK ON!

BTW, I see many of ya my age are into the same music..I'm 17! LOL And the best part I met a very nice girl my age who likes the same music and thinks its cool I'm into trains... wooo hooo!

Last edited by David Telesha; 08-26-2006 at 04:09 AM.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:05 AM   #45
SamD

Since this is a rail fan forum, I'm going to stick mainly to stuff I listen to while I'm out doing the railfan thing (which is really just a fraction of what I listen to).

I've also found a whole bunch of stuff in the alt. country/blue grass/slightly classic sounding rock stuff on Garageband.com, which I put into a couple mix CDs. Recommended artists from that site (for those here who metioned liking classic rock) would be the Penthouse Sweets (best track: Anyways), the Gold Coast Refuse (they have a train theam going on with the art for their album, and they sound a lot like the rockabilly type bands my dad used to listen to when I'd go railfanning with him), West of Rome, the Downtrunks, Blindman Running, Matthew Carlson (sort of a folk-rocky type guy), and Billy Gewin (another folk rocker who's extreamly talented, and has a more political slant then Carlson). If you like country/folk type stuff, you also might want to check out Matt Ammerman. Go to the website and check them out, you'll thank me later.

Besides all that, some favorites of mine for railfanning/driving are the Old 97's, Songs: Ohia (littel know but really awesome), Radio Head's first album, the Smashing Pumpkins, Shawn Colvin, and a lot of artists I don't have room to mention.

Also, Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea by PJ Harvey is the best all time album for driving through the industrial south-side of Chicago. If you ever happen to be fanning in that area, it's a prefect sound track for it.
SamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:13 PM   #46
WisconsinCentral

Guess Im the odd man out.

Im a HUGE fan of rap, but its odd because I listen to EVERYTHING, cept Country and "classical".

I like NWA,Ice Cube,Eazy E,Ludacris,Project Pat,Lil Wayne, etc etc.

Now for the shockers!

I also listen to 40's,50s, 60s *beatles, and the end of the REAL rock & Roll era. Ive been listening to CHIC,Parliament, The Eagles, Led Z, Van Halen, and a bunch of others lately. Rap is just nice and up beat, thats why i like it. Right now im listening to Parliament, Erotic City *i can hear all of you laughing right now too!*

Alec
WisconsinCentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 10:53 PM   #47
Tåg

I like old country Hank Williams, Jimmy Rodgers, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, etc etc. I love my Sirius!

But at work I get to listen to everybodys favorite south end UP dispatcher SKR. Otherwise known as SKAR or She Kills Rails. She is the main reason it takes 12 hours to take a high priority train from Portland to Eugene.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:07 AM   #48
Studogg120

Reggae, funk, rock, classic rock.

I like Bob Marley, Sublime, Floaters (local band), The Allman Brothers Band, Easy Star All-Stars, and Tomorrows Bad Seeds.
Studogg120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 04:33 AM   #49
Warren

Send a message via MSN to Warren

I like so much stuff from Bob Wills and his Playboys to Primus. Hank Williams, Van Morrison, Steely Dan, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Supertramp, Mahavishnu Orchestra, and on and on.
Absolutely cannot take Rap/Hip Hop I want to just plug my ears or get away from it!
Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 04:58 AM   #50
ssw9662

I usually don't listen to music while railfanning (I'm usually focused on the scanner), but sometimes I will during traffic lulls. I'm OK with everything except rap and most late 70's-80's music.
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Canon 50mm f/1.8
My Railpictures.net Photos
flickr
ssw9662 is offline   Reply With Quote