Old 04-20-2010, 03:53 AM   #26
Chase55671
RailPictures.Net Crew

Send a message via AIM to Chase55671 Send a message via MSN to Chase55671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Hmm. Wow. Let me think: I wonder if I take photography seriously at all sometimes. I just went to school for it, worked at the biggest TV station in South Carolina at it, won a couple of awards with it..... Yeah, Chase, maybe you do take photography mroe seriously than I do.

Or maybe not everyone can afford a 7D before or after they buy their first car.
Joe,

I meant if one is wishing to take photography seriously, perhaps a 50D, 7D, etc. would be a wiser purchase. If one is simply wishing to take photos on the weekend for an hour or two and doesn't take the hobby real serious may get better use of a Rebel, rather than dropping down a ton of money on a camera they'll rarely use.

I didn't imply (or at least I don't think I did) that everyone who owns a Rebel is a novice photographer while the people who own the 50D, 7D, etc. are the more serious and advanced photographers. That would be a ridiculous thing to assume that makes absolutely no sense.

Kind of foolish for one to think that.

Chase
Click here to view my photos at Railpictures.Net
SLR Night Photography Tutorial | Railpictures.Net Beginners Guide
Chase55671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:48 AM   #27
Ween

I was thinking about this the other day...why not start with, say, a 50D as opposed to a Rebel? I mean, really, what's so much more advanced in the 50D vs. a Rebel that's going to stump a beginner? Shutter speed works the same. Aperture works the same. They use the same lenses. They both have Auto functions and RAW capability. They both have a flash. One just happens to be housed in a bigger body than the other. So what's the difference?

BTW, I started with an XT and moved to a 40D primarily for the bigger body. But I've pulled the XT out of retirement this month, and now I am the railfan snob packing two SLRs: one with the big zoom for the 'mash and one for wide angle shots. It feels so pretentious...
Old 04-20-2010, 09:00 PM   #28
travsirocz

Send a message via AIM to travsirocz

http://www.amazon.com/Mamiya-Digital...1793538&sr=8-1

Probably the only camera I would ever recommend to a beginner.
travsirocz is offline   Reply With Quote