Old 04-20-2009, 03:57 AM   #1
Pennypicher

Default Arizona trip

Going to Arizona the end of the month. I was out there a few years ago doing a Southwest trip. We chased the trains if they were near the interstates. Are there any good area's in AZ where the trains are frequent? Don't have much time to hang around all day as others are not into the trains. We don't have them back in New England like they do out west.
Pennypicher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
ken45
LA&SL Fanatic

Well, I'd say just stick near the Interstates again. The east-west interstates are close to the only well-used rail lines in AZ. Old Route 66 from Seligman west to Kingman is also a nice stretch that is near the tracks at times. This is the BNSF and there are plenty of trains. There is a lot of history through here and it's worth a drive.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:03 AM   #3
Pennypicher

Well thanks Ken.
We did a trip across Flagstaff going west and did find the trains around Seligman. Then the back trip across southern CA and AZ we found another rail line. That Rt 66 we did bit's and pieces. Lots of history. Well we will keep our eyes open. See what photo's we get. You had some nice one's. Didn't go thru them all.
Dennis
Pennypicher is offline   Reply With Quote