Watain
-_-

Send a message via MSN to Watain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdirelan87 View Post
To: TheRoadForeman
RE: Big Fish in Small Pond

TheRoadForeman,

Congratulations! You work for some small potato shortline in PA. Cool, great, amazing! You have reached the pinnacle of existence! Thank God you now come here and show us, a group of hobbyists, how much you know about the inner workings of a railroad! I don't how we idiots here managed to keep a conversation going without all the insightful gems you keep chucking into the ring.

Please keep up the good work pointing out little regulations to prove to everyone you know what you are talking about. Also, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep posting those boring wedgies shots while you're at, because... you know, its not like the point of these forums or the entire website is something goofy like railroad photography.
Epic post is Epic.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:26 AM   #77
John Ryan

Send a message via AIM to John Ryan
Default Oink Oink Oink!

Old 03-20-2009, 12:31 AM   #78
Ween

J, allow me:
http://forums.railpictures.net/showp...4&postcount=47

Old 03-20-2009, 12:41 AM   #79
JRMDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ween View Post
Ha ha! But that hasn't appeared in these forums nearly as often as "fail".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssw9662 View Post
I think all the participants in this thread need a one-week vacation from the board! This is simply getting ridiculous. Whatever happened to this being a rail photography website?
Agreed. I certainly have gotten carried away on other threads, so I am not elevating myself in anyway, but this thread has gone overboard.

Quote:
I have learned one thing from this thread though. Next time I am out railfanning I'll be sure to bring my chainsaw so that no grade crossing goes unflagged!
Am I totally deranged if I think I understand and agree with that?

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
Old 03-20-2009, 01:11 AM   #80
ccaranna

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThias View Post
A railroad can not be held responsible for something some random civilian does on a public street.

Furthermore, that would be like someone mounting a locomotive horn to their car, driving into a quiet zone and blowing it near a railroad crossing. Would the railroad get fined for THAT, too?

Do you see how ridiculous this sounds?
What's not ridiculous and definitely NOT out of the realm of possibility is the crew calling the cops on you. They've been called out for much less than just a railfan 'vigilante' protecting a crossing on their own terms. It's happened to me just for hanging around an area longer than I should have.

I mean, where do railfans get this sense of RR right of way entitlement? It's unbelievable. I would think there would be more accidental deaths attributed to trespassing, but I suppose suicides outnumber the incidences of trackside stupidity.

As for jdirelan87, that's one less small potato shortline you'll get to visit up close and personal unless you have some type of connections out there we need to know about. Otherwise, you're makin' less rail-friends than I am these days, Brudda.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:15 AM   #81
stevenmwelch

Send a message via AIM to stevenmwelch Send a message via Yahoo to stevenmwelch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccaranna View Post
What's not ridiculous and definitely NOT out of the realm of possibility is the crew calling the cops on you.
And by the time the crew has called dispatcher to call the police to investigate, you could be in the next town, because remember, crews cannot use cell phones in the cab of a locomotive anymore (Thank you Metrolink).
My Photos on RP
My RP Rejects and then Some
Old 03-20-2009, 01:19 AM   #82
TheRoadForeman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenmwelch View Post
And by the time the crew has called dispatcher to call the police to investigate, you could be in the next town, because remember, crews cannot use cell phones in the cab of a locomotive anymore (Thank you Metrolink).

That is not entirely true, the engineer cannot use a cellphone. The conductor OR brakeman can if it is company issued and the entire crew is agreed that it is safe to do so. Personal phones are allowed to be used in an emergency.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:22 AM   #83
Chris Starnes
Administrator

Although it appears we may be a bit late with this action, I think the useful life of this thread has been reached.

As we close the thread I would ask everyone to remember that we have folks from many different walks of life represented on RailPictures.net. While it would be unrealistic to expect all parties will always see eye to eye, it is reasonable to request that the differences we may have with each other be handled in a respectful manner.
Closed Thread