Old 03-12-2010, 08:07 PM   #1
coborn35

Default Interesting enough for avoid high sun?

I thought so...
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...&key=153155504http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...&key=153155504
I personally have had a problem with those trying to tell us to turn railroad photography into an "art form." It's fine for them to do so, I welcome it in fact, but what I do have a problem with is that the practitioners of the more "arty" shots, I have found, tend to look down their nose's at others who are shooting more "mundane" shots.
Railroad photography is what you make of it, but one way is not "better" than another, IMHO. Unless you have a pole right thought the nose of the engine! -SG
coborn35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
JRMDC

It doesn't matter how interesting it is, the engine is sitting at a museum. Someone can go over there tomorrow, or at least on the next sunny day, and take a good image of it without high sun, so yours does not get on.

J

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
JRMDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
coborn35

Well considering it was scrapped 10 months ago, no they cannot.
I personally have had a problem with those trying to tell us to turn railroad photography into an "art form." It's fine for them to do so, I welcome it in fact, but what I do have a problem with is that the practitioners of the more "arty" shots, I have found, tend to look down their nose's at others who are shooting more "mundane" shots.
Railroad photography is what you make of it, but one way is not "better" than another, IMHO. Unless you have a pole right thought the nose of the engine! -SG
Old 03-12-2010, 08:30 PM   #4
JRMDC

Did you make that clear in your submission? It isn't in the remarks, and it should go in the comment to the screener for sure.

I'm not sure whether it will make it in, as RP is not a repository of roster shots, but certainly that is the way to go about it. Good luck.

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
JRMDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:33 PM   #5
coborn35

Oh I thought I did! Accidently left it off.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:34 PM   #6
troy12n
Banned

not really
troy12n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:23 PM   #7
TheRoadForeman
Banned

Foamers..... This guy is a member of the organization! Surely, you have a better lit or, placed shot of this unit!
TheRoadForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:30 PM   #8
cblaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMDC View Post
I'm not sure whether it will make it in, as RP is not a repository of roster shots, but certainly that is the way to go about it. Good luck.
Exactly. I don't come to RP to find a photographic record of every museum's entire collection. There's other sites for that (RRPictureArchives, Flickr, etc.).

Surprised the wheels aren't chocked to keep the engine from rolling down that grade. Lots of trust in the brakes...

- Chris
Old 03-12-2010, 09:35 PM   #9
coborn35

Wasnt aware it was a photographic roster of the museums entire collection.. Thought it was a photo of a rare Wabash SW-1 being scrapped. Your probably right though.

Also not sure why you would chock a unit that is coupled to units with handbrakes on...