Old 05-17-2008, 03:47 AM   #1
BNSF6048

Default If I can

If I crop the control tower area out of the picture will it make this an acceptable picture. Or is it something else that needs to be cropped?

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...d=524358&key=0

If I sharpen these up will these become acceptable? Or is something else wrong with the pictures?

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...&key=599306232
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...d=524361&key=0
BNSF6048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 04:14 AM   #2
bigbassloyd

First off, let me state that the rejection reasons listed are fixable. HOWEVER...

Shot 1 - You could crop the left side, but the shot is suffering from two issues (that I) think isn't fixable. First off, the nose has great light, but the side of the train is in shadow. Not always an issue, but with a rather normal composition, with minimal scenery, it's detracting to me. Second, there's a giant tower sticking out of the top of the locomotive, which again, in this type of composition, sticks out negatively.

Shots 2 and 3 - A bit more interesting than your first shot, but again, dark side of the train. There's very little detail of the trucks, and the entire side of the rail is in shadow. Shot two would be best with the sun on your side of the tracks, and show us more than the engine(s) and a couple cars Shot 3 is a better composition, but the lighting, and giant tower kills it. To answer your question though, you can sharpen them both .

I think if you fix the rejections listed, they'll be rejected for reasons stemming from what I discussed above. Sometimes screeners don't click every rejection reason when they view shots.

Good luck!

Loyd L.

My personal photography site
bigbassloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 04:23 AM   #3
BNSF6048

With some creative editing, removing the tower in the third picture. Would it make it harder to reject. Believe it or not the sun is behind me took the pictures around 3 or 4pm.
BNSF6048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 04:30 AM   #4
bigbassloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNSF6048
With some creative editing, removing the tower in the third picture. Would it make it harder to reject.
it would make it harder to reject for bad cropping, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNSF6048
Believe it or not the sun is behind me took the pictures around 3 or 4pm.
no denying the sun is behind you, but its directly behind you, and slightly off to the left. Had it been behind you on your right side, the sides of the locomotives, rails, and train would be lit just like the noses on the locomotives.

Loyd L.

My personal photography site
bigbassloyd is offline   Reply With Quote