Old 06-04-2008, 07:37 PM   #1
NSFan14

Default Raw?

Hey Guys,
Ive been curious the last few days how to shoot raw. Ive been shooting JPEG Fine and now I want to go with RAW. What program(s) do I need to convert my image from RAW to JPEG? Any info would be helpful!
Old 06-04-2008, 10:14 PM   #2
Save The Wave
trainchaser.us

Send a message via MSN to Save The Wave

The software that was included with your camera will do the basic conversion and should allow for exposure, white balance and other changes.
A more complex application like Lightroom or Adobe Camera Raw will give you a lot more flexibility with the file. If you have Photoshop Elements, you can download converters from Adobe

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...ows&product=40

The good, the bad and the ugly. My railpics
Save The Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:06 AM   #3
Watain
-_-

Send a message via MSN to Watain

Yeah Adobe Lightroom is a good program thats what I use to edit all my photos in the DB it converts Raw files. I tried to use Raw I wont tell you not too naturally but I never had any luck with it, I always shoot in Jpeg Fine.
Watain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:46 AM   #4
Wizzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Save The Wave
The software that was included with your camera will do the basic conversion and should allow for exposure, white balance and other changes.
A more complex application like Lightroom or Adobe Camera Raw will give you a lot more flexibility with the file. If you have Photoshop Elements, you can download converters from Adobe

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...ows&product=40
If you are a Canon user, then DPP, supplied with the camera is perfectly adequate, and although it has a clunky interface is simple to use and gives good results.

Adobe Camera Raw is good, although you have to have Elements, Photoshop or Lightroom to use it and they cost (although Elements is quite cheap).

RawTherapee (http://www.rawtherapee.com) is a comprehensive free RAW converter, but do download and read the documentation.

Press here to see my pics on railpictures.net

More pics here D1059 on Flickr
Wizzo is offline   Reply With Quote