Old 02-20-2009, 12:55 AM   #1
BNSF6048

Default Posting limit Question?

When did the posting limit change? I was able to post 10 pictures now I'm down to 2 at a time. TOS update? Does it go up if you pay for the membership?
BNSF6048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:04 AM   #2
trainboysd40

Send a message via MSN to trainboysd40

It means you got too many rejections. Try searching the forums next time, I'm pretty sure there's a thread about this on every major forum (Not even just this one)
Obligatory link to shots on RP, HERE
trainboysd40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:18 AM   #3
BNSF6048

"Posting Limit" came up with 11 posts 1 relavant(mine)
"Submission Limit" came up with 3 posts nothing relavant

Atleast thats what I got I'm sure others will have better luck.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:25 AM   #4
Save The Wave
trainchaser.us

Send a message via MSN to Save The Wave

Too many rejections. And yes, if you pay you get to play. Elite membership has unlimited uploads.

The good, the bad and the ugly. My railpics
Save The Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:27 AM   #5
BNSF6048

Does the limit revert back at some point?
Old 02-20-2009, 01:28 AM   #6
troy12n
Banned

Its rediculous, honestly. And its not from too many rejections, its apparently for everyone under 25 pictures in the db
troy12n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:47 AM   #7
Chris Starnes
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Save The Wave View Post
Too many rejections. And yes, if you pay you get to play. Elite membership has unlimited uploads.
Just to clarify this a bit. While RPElite members are allowed an unlimited daily upload limit there have been cases where the number of rejections simply got to a point where we have had to terminate the remainder of a subscription (and refund the remainder of the subscription, of course) in favor of removing the unlimited upload privileges. Thankfully this is not a normal occurance but I thought I would share that for those who may be interested.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:08 AM   #8
Chris Kilroy
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Chris Kilroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy12n View Post
Its rediculous, honestly. And its not from too many rejections, its apparently for everyone under 25 pictures in the db
Ridiculous? Hardly.

And yes, it is due to too many rejections. We implemented this a few months back because of the influx of photographers (like yourself, for the record) who submit 10 shots every single day, while showing absolutely no understanding or comprehension of the basic criteria that we're looking for.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but hey, sometimes the truth hurts.

Rest assured, there are plenty of non-Elite members with less than 25 photos who continue to enjoy the 10/day limit, and as Chris said above, there are Elite members who've had their subscriptions terminated due to an overwhelming number of poor quality uploads. One person had an unbelievable 168 rejections without one acceptance in 3 days, to give you an example.
- View My Photos at JetPhotos.Net!
Chris Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:42 AM   #9
troy12n
Banned

I see where you are coming from, but I think the root cause of the problem is inconsistent screening and nebulous rejections.

(using the following as an example)

I think its absurd that you can submit a photo:

1. have it rejecteted once for unlevel
** fix that
2. have it rejected for being soft
** sharpen it
3. have it rejected for cropping
** re-crop
4. have it rejected for over/under exposure
** fix that
5. get rejected for PEQ, or something along those lines (basically saying it is unfixable)

I guess this is a long winded way of saying that if a screener could just come out and say that the picture sucks and they arent going to accept it, it would save some people alot of photoshop work, the screeners would have a lot less to screen too

If you only had 2 pictures a day, it may take someone 3 days to come to the conclusion that the pictures is unsavable because of all the possible rejections leading up to it. Its hard to get it right on the first try.

Not really critisizing you or anything, it just seems the process could use a little tweaking.

I know you must have a ton of pictures (168 rejections in 3 day, damn) and a lot to do, but I know I cant be alone in that sometimes it is kind of difficult to find out what you are looking for, and sometimes rejections can just be a wild goose chase for a picture that you will never accept.

Do you see my point here, or am I just way off base?
troy12n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:52 AM   #10
lock4244

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy12n View Post
I guess this is a long winded way of saying that if a screener could just come out and say that the picture sucks and they arent going to accept it, it would save some people alot of photoshop work, the screeners would have a lot less to screen too
Problem is, many would still not accept it, even when it's this blunt... even when smacked on the head by a blunt object

Insert witty comment here

Hot girl on girl action here!

More Pics Here
lock4244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:23 AM   #11
coborn35

Dont feel bad, I can only do 2 a day, cannot appeal, cannot email administrators etc.
I personally have had a problem with those trying to tell us to turn railroad photography into an "art form." It's fine for them to do so, I welcome it in fact, but what I do have a problem with is that the practitioners of the more "arty" shots, I have found, tend to look down their nose's at others who are shooting more "mundane" shots.
Railroad photography is what you make of it, but one way is not "better" than another, IMHO. Unless you have a pole right thought the nose of the engine! -SG
coborn35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:01 AM   #12
BNSF6048

I hardly submit 10 photos everyday(no idea if your referring to me or not). Is it reversable? Will it go up to 5 sometime and then back to 10 or will I be in the doghouse forever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kilroy View Post
Ridiculous? Hardly.

And yes, it is due to too many rejections. We implemented this a few months back because of the influx of photographers (like yourself, for the record) who submit 10 shots every single day, while showing absolutely no understanding or comprehension of the basic criteria that we're looking for.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but hey, sometimes the truth hurts.

Rest assured, there are plenty of non-Elite members with less than 25 photos who continue to enjoy the 10/day limit, and as Chris said above, there are Elite members who've had their subscriptions terminated due to an overwhelming number of poor quality uploads. One person had an unbelievable 168 rejections without one acceptance in 3 days, to give you an example.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:24 AM   #13
milwman
I shoot what I like

Send a message via Yahoo to milwman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNSF6048 View Post
I hardly submit 10 photos everyday(no idea if your referring to me or not).
Not speaking for CK but show only the best, it's not a race to the top ( most photos on here ) You will only get better by weeding out your weak ones and help develop a stile of your own.

I think I put 5 up one time, Most times I pick the best 2 or 3 and thats it. Your portfolio of photo's will end up better in the long run.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22299476@N05/

Last edited by milwman; 02-20-2009 at 08:32 AM. Reason: add more
milwman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:58 PM   #14
trainboysd40

Send a message via MSN to trainboysd40

I've submitted a little more than 10 at one time using my magic techniques...'course, when I do that, it's just an efficient way to figure out which ones suck and how to make them not suck. I have a good acceptance rate the 2nd or 3rd time around!
Obligatory link to shots on RP, HERE
trainboysd40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:09 AM   #15
Save The Wave
trainchaser.us

Send a message via MSN to Save The Wave

I wondered about that, thanks for clarifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Starnes View Post
Just to clarify this a bit. While RPElite members are allowed an unlimited daily upload limit there have been cases where the number of rejections simply got to a point where we have had to terminate the remainder of a subscription (and refund the remainder of the subscription, of course) in favor of removing the unlimited upload privileges. Thankfully this is not a normal occurrence but I thought I would share that for those who may be interested.

The good, the bad and the ugly. My railpics
Save The Wave is offline   Reply With Quote