Old 02-13-2006, 08:59 PM   #1
Aaron

Send a message via MSN to Aaron
Default Suggestions

This is one of my absolute favorite pictures I have ever taken in my life, and I really want to upload it on RailPictures. I, however, have been having some difficulty. I would like some suggestions to see where it could be improved. Please help me out guys!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9142.JPG (170.3 KB, 186 views)

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 02:25 AM   #2
Matt Rivers

It is a nice shot. Perhaps you could try cropping it differently? Maybe vertically? There's a lot of un-needed foliage to the left. It's also tough to find a viable contrast balance when you have such a range from shadowed to sunlit areas.

For what reasons has it been rejected?
Matt Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 03:00 AM   #3
Aaron

Send a message via MSN to Aaron

poor lighting.

I dont really think it is too dark , but it is shot in a tree surrounded area. I dont know... I have tried cropping it differently. This shot is directly from the camera however I have reduced the size so it could come up decently on the forum. I dont know. I dont really want to crop too much from the left of the picture because I think it adds to the picture having the train coming through the trees around the corner... I just dont know. I have tried a few times with different cropping and such.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 03:03 AM   #4
Joe the Photog

There is too much space in front of the train at the bottom of the frame. Also, the headlights have blobbed out. Not sure what can be done about this. But as Matt said, I believe this shot would have been if it were vertical.

Joe
Old 02-14-2006, 04:10 AM   #5
Crusader

Aaron -
I like that shot....maybe because I live in an area of tree-shrouded ROWs, or maybe because it reminds me of a shot of mine...

A slightly different version of this shot was rejected for "poor lighting" (not enough sun on the nose). Your shot seems to have a bit better light than mine. But thought I'd post mine to give you an idea of how a vertical crop might look.

PS - I ended up cropping out some of the foreground lead room from my shot, but the lighting problem still kept it off the database.

Last edited by Crusader; 02-14-2006 at 04:13 AM.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:54 PM   #6
mr_mathyou

Send a message via AIM to mr_mathyou

i like the shot. it turned out cool, but the trees in the back are far too light looking in comparison to the front of the photo. You could play with cropping and or lighting stuff but it may be hard to get it right because there is such a diffence in light. makeing it vertical like stated before would get rid of some of the unused space in the sides, and may help. all in all nice shot. play around with it and see if it can be improved.
~matt
mr_mathyou is offline   Reply With Quote