Old 09-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #101
Freericks
Met Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holloran Grade View Post
Hey Charles, your up.
Cool - more views! Thanks DV.

Last edited by Freericks; 09-06-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Freericks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #102
troy12n
Banned

He kicked me off of that yahoo group for that, lol, what a megalomaniac
troy12n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:09 PM   #103
Joe the Photog

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy12n View Post
If any of you are members of the CSX_KEYSTONE_SUB yahoo group, check out the pictures he posted today. Let's just say they are some quality ones.
And look who the group owner is. Oh, and membership is required, too! Doesn't he have a Flickr account? I thought I had been there in the past.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:33 PM   #104
troy12n
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
And look who the group owner is. Oh, and membership is required, too! Doesn't he have a Flickr account? I thought I had been there in the past.
I didn't realize he was the group owner. He kicked me off the group, what a little baby.

Edit: apparently he is so pathetic that he reads these forums, even though he hates the place so much. You have to wonder about this guy's mental state.

Quote:
To: %myemailaddress%@yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2011 2:22 PM
Subject: You didn't know I owned that group??!!!!

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I OWN YOU!

Daniel E. Valentine
MPPT 276 NS Pittsburgh Line
SD80MACRat
SD40-2Rat
SD40ERat

Stupidity should not be investigated. It should be shot.

Last edited by troy12n; 09-06-2011 at 07:44 PM.
troy12n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:52 AM   #105
Greg P

Send a message via AIM to Greg P

The creepiness factor just doubled.
Greg P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:37 AM   #106
Darryl Rule

I think it is funny that he gives me credit for the reason behind the group. I guess I should feel honored!!!! And you are all welcome for being provided with hours of endless entertainment courtesy of a certified lunatic.

And while I'm here, hi Danny, I will be out your way the same weekend as every year in October, so make sure you climb in your hole that weekend so you can avoid me like always....

Darryl
Old 09-07-2011, 01:49 AM   #107
Joe the Photog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Rule View Post
And while I'm here, hi Danny, I will be out your way the same weekend....
You're going to Wedgieland?

By the way, Dan, I appreciate the couple of view counts you are giving some of my older work today. On this one, just to note

Image ©
PhotoID:
Photograph ©

The truck is not parked and it's not mine. Pay more attention and you'll note the truck is in the lane of travel.

Image ©
PhotoID:
Photograph ©

You said, "Train is heading away from the viewer. Uninteresting angle from below." That is your opinion to which you are welcome. Photograph has 1,342 views as of tonight. I'm sure not all of them clicked on the shot because of the uninteresting angle. Then one of your minions says the cars are "obstructions." That doesn't really deserve a response and you, Dan, end up talking about the "yellowish tint." That's called late evening sun. Look into it.

Image ©
PhotoID:
Photograph ©

"If he really cared about this image, those traffic signals would have been cropped out." Again, difference of opinion. 1,428 views so far. I may could have done better including them in the shot better, but they're there because I wanted them there.

Dan, you say that Kilroy aned Starnes are not qualified to screen shots because they have no degree in photography. Yet, there you are, doing the same thing they do. Well, there is a difference. Railroad photogs all over the world come to RP and willingly have their shots screened by the admins and a few other screeners. No one does that with you. If you really want to make a point, you would place your shots beside those of the screeners. Because I have seen Kilroy and Starnes' photos here and I think they speak for themselves.

You also miss the point. You obviously read these forums, but you fail to see that we are often RP's harshest critics. Ypu posted the boat photo on your little Facebook page and insinuated that we were all for it. But you must have read the actual thread where a good number of us said the shot should not have been accepted. Your opinions are sometimes right. (A broken clock is often right, too. At least two times a day.) My problem is that you won't allow anyone to disagree with you. If you're man enough, you'd invite us to your Facebook page because. But. of course, you don't actually like debate; you like to call people names.

In the end, I would gladly put my photographs beside your stuff anyday, because I notice that while you love to damn Railpictures, you don't make it easy for us to view your shots. Why is that, Dan? Can't handle what you dish out?

Last edited by Joe the Photog; 09-07-2011 at 02:11 AM.
Joe the Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:07 AM   #108
Darryl Rule

I stay out there, but don't shoot there. Couldn't imagine the same Dash 9 going through Conemaugh over, and over, and over again, but some people like it I guess. Plus, I feel bad staying around there because if I do, Dan can't come out of his house that weekend, and that's just not fair. It's pretty sad how someone like me who lives 4 hours away from him somehow influences what he does with his free time. Especially since other than an Amtrak shot here or there, and Scranton last weekend (previously planned trip with the family; yes Dan, family), I haven't shot any trains since April. Been too busy shooting weddings, Arena League Football and models. No time to sit on RP and analyze every photo and forum post. But hey, in between cleaning bars, if that is how ya pass the time, more power to ya I guess. I only posted here because I was made aware that he again credited me with is group. I may have to have a plaque made to honor that or something!
Old 09-07-2011, 02:28 AM   #109
JRMDC

I'm curious, Joe, what is it about DV that compels you to write out such a detailed response? And do you have some belief that your writing will have impact on the intended recipient?

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
JRMDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:33 AM   #110
Joe the Photog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMDC View Post
I'm curious, Joe, what is it about DV that compels you to write out such a detailed response?
Well, honestly.... I'm on the clock and I had a few minutes.

Remember, I work in a profession where my photography gets a critical eye every day from people who do this for a living. My former boss used to call me into his office and have me defend my work to him every so often. It wasn't always because he thought it was bad, just that sometimes he thought it could be better.

I've won awards in my field. I can take a little heat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMDC View Post
And do you have some belief that your writing will have impact on the intended recipient?
Not really. But in the past I have had the naive belief that if you try to talk to someone, you can at least convince them to listen if nothing else. Although if by impact, you mean give him more ammunition for his little Facebook page, then I guess my answer would be yes.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:11 AM   #111
Freericks
Met Fan

I'm with J, on this one Joe - although I totally understand why you did it. I remember once DV posted a pic of mine claiming it was unlevel horizon, and I had drafted a post in which I even included the image with a grid, showing every vertical and horizontal that could be trusted as being plumb. Then, I took a deep breath and deleted it, because in the end it didn't matter. There were already one thousand views of the image, and one little pathetic voice saying it was titled. And that voice was from someone wound a touch too tightly.

You can't argue with drunks or psychotics... you could prove the theory of relativity to them beyond an iota of a doubt and they would still sit there, stewing in an anger, calling you a troll and telling you you're wrong.

Realize with the "parked truck" photo, he's really trying to beat you up for something dumb he did (he posted a shot awhile ago which would have been nice had he not parked his ancient Ford Taurus in the frame - and got called out for it).
Old 09-07-2011, 04:44 AM   #112
Ron Flanary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
If you're man enough, you'd invite us to your Facebook page because. But. of course, you don't actually like debate; you like to call people names.
....So, this cute little girl was walking her pet poodle one day, and she encounters this adorable little boy with this 40-pound mutt. The little boy stops to engage the little girl in some friendly chatter, but all the while the mutt eyes the little girl's poodle. Before they notice, the bigger dog mounts the poodle and starts doing his thing. Of course the little girl is horrified that her darling little dog is being raped right before her very eyes and starts to scream and cry. In one swift move, the little boy inserts his middle finger in the dog's rectum, and the dog immediately withdraws with a whimper. The little girl's poodle is spared.

"Don't worry about ol' Ruff, honey. He can dish it out, but he can't take it."
Ron Flanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:11 AM   #113
Holloran Grade
Banned

Lightbulb And the Duh Award goes to.......

Hey look, someone pressed the genius button over there with regard to Joe's photo:

Image ©
PhotoID:
Photograph ©

Josh Dulak ---> The truck appears to have a driver in it...

I guess DV missed that eh?

I also like how he bitches about Troy posting his flaming e-mail.

I think if you send snarky e-mails you should plan on them getting posted by people.

So um Troy, you aren't going to post that e-mail I sent you right?

And BTW, where is Jim?

I figured he would be on this - did he get a life or what?

Last edited by Holloran Grade; 09-07-2011 at 07:13 AM.
Holloran Grade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:47 PM   #114
Freericks
Met Fan

I'm just sad (not really) that all those views/hits I thought I'd get (not really) from being called out didn't come. Looks like I got three hits off of Facebook. If one was Dan, and one was HG - wow - Dan went to a lot of work to get one human being to look at his post.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:23 PM   #115
bigbassloyd

Sorry Charles, his little facebook venture is only good for 5 views at the most. But they mean the imaginary world to me... I make believe care so much about views, rp, dv, sob, etc, wtf. I are totally unserious about how much I care.

Loyd L.

My personal photography site
bigbassloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:31 PM   #116
Freericks
Met Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassloyd View Post
Sorry Charles, his little facebook venture is only good for 5 views at the most. But they mean the imaginary world to me... I make believe care so much about views, rp, dv, sob, etc, wtf. I are totally unserious about how much I care.

Loyd L.
Oh, I am too, Loyd... it's kind of hysterical that when I post nonsense it gets repeated as if being serious.

Got to go clean my finger off (see Ron's post for clarification).
Old 09-07-2011, 08:52 PM   #117
Joe the Photog

Three lousy hits? One was Daniel DiFore, I guess.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:02 PM   #118
jnohallman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freericks View Post
I'm just sad (not really) that all those views/hits I thought I'd get (not really) from being called out didn't come. Looks like I got three hits off of Facebook. If one was Dan, and one was HG - wow - Dan went to a lot of work to get one human being to look at his post.
HG's not a human being? What planet is he from?

Jon

Click here to see my photos on RP.net!

Do not, under any circumstances whatsoever, click here. Don't even think about it. I'm warning you!
jnohallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #119
Freericks
Met Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnohallman View Post
HG's not a human being? What planet is he from?

Jon
Fullerton.

It's a hanging curve and Freericks has time to tee up on it... there it goes... say goodnight, Gracie... he really got all of that one...

Last edited by Freericks; 09-07-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:05 AM   #120
magicman_841

Those who are personally attacked by DV should simply report his FB group.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:25 AM   #121
khalucha

It amazes me how focused he is on in this group (RP) then post it to the page. He is counting the post count too. If he hates it so much then why look at it?

Hey this makes 120!

Webshot Photos

flickr stuff
khalucha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:02 AM   #122
rathman11

Kevin, you had the same idea as me. I've never been on the other end of one of Dan's rants, but I must say his Facebook group certainly does provide hours of entertainment. Dan, here is post 122, keep counting!

My RP photos

Flickr Photos
rathman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:37 AM   #123
Bob Pickering

You know some people take this way too seriously. This is fun for me and I do not care what someone else says. The hits on the pictures here speak for themselves.

With that said Facebook has a specific policy against web pages that are considered slanderous against others. If someone complains and facebook sees that page as against their policy they will close it down.
Bob Pickering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:40 AM   #124
Bob Pickering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freericks View Post
I got into railfanning for the social prestige, financial windfall, and the chicks!
Hey railfanning has got me chicks just go through some of my popular pictures
Bob Pickering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:40 AM   #125
PLEzero

I hate to provoke Dan even further but has he ever pointed out 'good' photos? He was always so negative when I'd read the nonsense he was coming up with and never commented on anything he thought to be 'good'. Has he since changed his ways or is it just more of the same? I stopped reading a while ago as it was becoming very redundant. Let me guess, he still has issues with poles, high ISO, and a boner for Chase. Very unoriginal but not surprising coming from a guy who consistently mentioned that none of the screeners had degrees in photography. Coming from a guy that cleans bar taps and stocks shelves at the dollar store in Johnstown the word irony comes to mind. Then again, I guess with that life style you can't blame the guy for being miserable.
My RP.net Photos
PLEzero is offline   Reply With Quote