Old 09-23-2009, 11:51 PM   #1
Chris Z

Send a message via Skype™ to Chris Z
Default Overprocessed??

I was wondering on what to do on this overprocessed photo? This is pretty much how it came out of the camera except for some leveling and a little saturation.

It was cloudy at that spot and the sun poked through just as the train showed up. Above the train, was filled with some smoke making that not too clear. But, I was wondering if there was some way to fix it?

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...&key=275001791

Chris Z
Chris Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:21 AM   #2
CUDA7185

Send a message via AIM to CUDA7185

It's a nicely composed shot. The parts of the photo that are in direct sunlight do seem a bit overexposed, at least on my monitor. It might also need a bit of selective sharpening on the train itself.

If you decide to reprocess and resubmit it, use the comments box to explain to the screeners that the image is a result of clouds and natural lighting, and not the overuse of the shadow highlight tool.

My Photos on Railpictures.Net
My Railroad & HO Scale Model Photos at Fotopic.Net
CUDA7185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:03 AM   #3
Chris Z

Thanks. That seemed to work.
Image © Chris Zygmunt
PhotoID: 298220
Photograph © Chris Zygmunt

Chris Z
Old 09-26-2009, 04:37 AM   #4
henfiet

I noticed that you did drop the brightness a bit on the retry....did you also explain to them the situation as well? I've tried that before, and it "went in one ear and right out of the other." I began to question why they even provided a comment box to the screeners, as they seemed to seldom pay any attention to the comments. Oh well, glad you got the shot accepted. I love it!!!
henfiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:22 AM   #5
Chris Z

The screening process helps me to learn my mistakes and eventually I hope I make less of them. The guys on this forum are great at explaining the mistakes and how to make corrections if possible. That's why its here. Leaving a comment to the screeners doesn't make a photo okay if it isn't. I find it best to ask on this forum.

Things were really tough for me in the beginning, but now my rejects are few. That doesn't mean I'll never get them, but little by little I'm getting there, thanks to a lot of the folks here. They are really helpful if you humble yourself and listen and be patient. Eventually you will learn more than you know now.

Chris Z