Old 07-26-2005, 03:37 PM   #1
LAHDPOP

Default Two Rejects

OK, I've never posted rejects for comment before, for fear of sounding like I'm bitching. Plus, I could always understand the screener's reason. But these two (especially the 1st one) have me stumped.

SD70M Reject
This first one was rejected last night for bad size; it needed to be closer to 1024x768. So I cropped it to 1024x776. Then it got rejected for Bad Angle. So, is there something in this angle that's to be avoided? I don't understand.

GP15T
This one was also rejected for bad size last night, so I re-cropped to almost 1024x768. This morning it was rejected for Bad Cropping. Now, I realize this engine isn't leading, and the photo isn't creative, but I thought it was rare enough that a roster shot might be appreciated, just to keep up with it's life cycle. This loco appears in Chessie paint here
LAHDPOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 07:39 PM   #2
Ween

I think the bad size ferrie was working last night, as I got one rejected for bad size even though it was within 12 pixels of a straight up full size Canon image resize to 1024. It was accepted on appeal though.

For the first shot, I personally like shots like this that focus on the lead power. Perhaps it was axed for being too "straight on," but I'm just guessing. Do you have more of the train trailing off to the right? If so, I'd suggest adding more, although it might be too much in the shade. Speaking of which, I really like the contrast between the sunlight areas and the shaded areas. If your first shot was anywhere near 1024x~>650, I'd try my hand at an appeal.

For the second one, the front coupling will kill you (almost) everytime. Nice catch though...
Old 07-26-2005, 09:15 PM   #3
LAHDPOP

Thanks, Ween. I appealed the SD70M shot, and it was rejected without comment. Oh well. I like it. Another one for my "personal collection."

And yeah, I didn't try to appeal the GP15T. I figured if it was rare enough that they wanted the roster shot, they would have accepted it, especially after I resized it. Maybe I can catch it again around here soon.
LAHDPOP is offline   Reply With Quote