Old 11-24-2020, 11:20 AM   #1
miningcamper3

Unhappy The "PCA Glitch" still lives!

Unfortunately, the People's Choice Award "You must be a registered RailPictures.Net member..." glitch is STILL making it difficult to nominate a photo for the award. Obviously, if I can add a given photo to my favorites, the system knows that I am a registered RP member.

Last edited by miningcamper3; 11-24-2020 at 09:58 PM. Reason: revision
miningcamper3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 12:41 PM   #2
RobJor

Quote:
Originally Posted by miningcamper3 View Post
Unfortunately, the People's Choice Award "You must be a registered RailPictures.Net member..." glitsch is STILL making it difficult to nominate a photo for the award. Obviously, if I can add a given photo to my favorites, the system knows that I am a registered RP member.
???? I am a little negligent, I rarely remember to nominate but just did one and it worked. On the forum it recognizes me but I have to log in again to actually post so my only thought would be to login again must prior to nominate a photo. Systems have quirks.

Bob

Note to SC - Doesn't have to pretty train in country
Image © Gábor Kovács Dödi
PhotoID: 755085
Photograph © Gábor Kovács Dödi

Last edited by RobJor; 11-24-2020 at 12:49 PM.
RobJor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 01:15 PM   #3
miningcamper3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJor View Post
just did one and it worked.
That's the thing- sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It seems to depend on how you accessed the photo. The problem seems most prevalent if the photo was accessed in Top of 24. The system recognizes me- it says so right at the top of the screen. I can add to my favorites OK, but then the PCA link fails.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:19 PM   #4
Grewup on the CW

Quote:
Unfortunately, the People's Choice Award "You must be a registered RailPictures.Net member..." glitsch is STILL making it difficult to nominate a photo for the award. Obviously, if I can add a given photo to my favorites, the system knows that I am a registered RP member.
I have the same issue at times and I have found that if I start viewing the recent uploaded shots from the thumb nail view and stay on that page inactive for quite a bit of time, say because I got a work issue to address, when I come back and start viewing again, see a picture I like and click on it, I cannot favor it. I have to close the current session, go back and find the picture again to favorite it.
Grewup on the CW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 04:33 PM   #5
bigbassloyd

I clicked on that image Bob linked and got the registered member bs when I attempted to vote for it. So I went back to the main page and clicked it there and voted no problem.

Loyd L.

My personal photography site
bigbassloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 07:44 PM   #6
miningcamper3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJor View Post

Note to SC - Doesn't have to pretty train in country
Image © Gábor Kovács Dödi
PhotoID: 755085
Photograph © Gábor Kovács Dödi
Yes, there is some fine photography coming from Hungary!

Odd quirk: Windows 10 won't save edits to that photo* (along with some others on RP). Wonder what they add to the file to do that.

*Unless I convert it to a TIF file! I made the lights a little less orange.

Last edited by miningcamper3; 11-24-2020 at 07:47 PM. Reason: revision
Old 11-25-2020, 12:11 AM   #7
RobJor

Quote:
Yes, there is some fine photography coming from Hungary!

Odd quirk: Windows 10 won't save edits to that photo* (along with some others on RP). Wonder what they add to the file to do that.

*Unless I convert it to a TIF file! I made the lights a little less orange.
Deciding what to do with the orange lights is interesting. I have had rejections, hue or something, and had to go back to correct. I guess it depends on the scene, the Blue Hour seems to work better, esp in a shot like this rather than say a street view where the orange can overwhelm instead of complement.. I might have reduced it a little but not claiming that would be better. As an exercise I took the Orange out which results in very dull image but then I move up the orange exposure areas and it looks OK with the actual Orange hue gone.

Bob

Last edited by RobJor; 11-25-2020 at 12:14 AM.
RobJor is offline   Reply With Quote