Old 12-30-2010, 04:44 AM   #126
Freericks
Met Fan

Chase...

You said that you have a "...problem with people who strive on their intelligence, when they don't express any form of intelligence..."

Let's break that down...

First well take the definition from Dictionary.com of what the verb "strive" means...

1. Make great efforts to achieve or obtain something.
2. Struggle or fight vigorously: "scholars must strive against bias".

Second we'll put that back into your sentence and discover that you were either saying you have a problem with people who make a great effort to achieve or obtain on their intelligence, when they don't express any form of intelligence... or you were saying that you have a problem with people who struggle or fight vigorously on their intelligence, when they don't express any form of intelligence.

Neither possibility means anything. These are nonsensical statements. Oh sure, anyone can look at them and figure out what you intended, but that doesn't mean that you said what you intended.

You attacked another person for their grammar using a sentence that was grammatically flawed.

I found this incongruity humorous.

I believe you intended to say that you "...have a problem with people who flaunt their supposed intelligence, when they don't demonstrate that intelligence in the forums."

Again... were you not calling someone else out for their poor grammar with a sentence of your own that also demonstrated poor grammar, I would have let it go.

Does this make sense now?
Old 12-30-2010, 04:51 AM   #127
AntD.

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soo 6060 View Post
Well, I'm just going to leave. Many people enjoy my shots, and I do not need railpictures.net to display them.

BTW, You know why I added fake snow to alot of my shots?

BECAUSE RAILPICTURES.NET DOES NOT WANT TO SEE GOOD POWER, SUCH AS STLH UNITS, SP UNITS, SD40-2S, SD60S, BUT THEY WILL TAKE A CLOUDY SHOT OF A GE WIDECAB!!!

I do appreciate the help that the few of you have attempted to offer me, as well as the forum help that has greatly improved my shots over the last few years.

I do not need this shit being pulled up when I persue my railroad career, (it can be found with a simple Google search) so it's best to just stop here.

Quote me on anything I said here, but I can assure you that I will not see it.

Have a happy new year.
And here he is showing his true lack of maturity....

Daniel... Here's a word of advice:

GROW UP!!!!!!

If he doesn't get banned then he'll be back again in a couple of months...
Old 12-30-2010, 05:33 AM   #128
coborn35

Quote:
Well, I'm just going to leave. Many people enjoy my shots, and I do not need railpictures.net to display them.

I do not need this shit being pulled up when I persue my railroad career, (it can be found with a simple Google search) so it's best to just stop here.

Have a happy new year.
I nearly cried from laughing so hard. Railroad career? Never will you have a railroad career. Sure this might not look favorably on you, but I dont think masquerading as a Soo Line engineer on Facebook is either. They also probably wont look favorably on the fact that you constantly climb aboard the Sturvant Patrol switcher when all the crews are gone and apply and release the independent like a big boy railroader. You may want to return the reverser handles you stole. Good day, snot nose.
I personally have had a problem with those trying to tell us to turn railroad photography into an "art form." It's fine for them to do so, I welcome it in fact, but what I do have a problem with is that the practitioners of the more "arty" shots, I have found, tend to look down their nose's at others who are shooting more "mundane" shots.
Railroad photography is what you make of it, but one way is not "better" than another, IMHO. Unless you have a pole right thought the nose of the engine! -SG
Old 12-30-2010, 06:01 AM   #129
Ween

Quote:
Originally Posted by coborn35 View Post
I nearly cried from laughing so hard. Railroad career? Never will you have a railroad career. Sure this might not look favorably on you, but I dont think masquerading as a Soo Line engineer on Facebook is either. They also probably wont look favorably on the fact that you constantly climb aboard the Sturvant Patrol switcher when all the crews are gone and apply and release the independent like a big boy railroader. You may want to return the reverser handles you stole. Good day, snot nose.
Certainly this can't be true, can it?!? If it's not, that's a mighty harsh accusation to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOO Daniel
Quote me on anything I said here, but I can assure you that I will not see it.
Yes you will. You left and came back and posted, so I know you're reading this. It's too bad. All of this could have been avoided...
Old 12-30-2010, 06:04 AM   #130
Chase55671
RailPictures.Net Crew

Send a message via AIM to Chase55671 Send a message via MSN to Chase55671

I give it 6 months until he returns and I'm willing to bet money..

- Charles, I will respond to your post later, when I have time to read it carefully and answer extensively.

Chase
Click here to view my photos at Railpictures.Net
SLR Night Photography Tutorial | Railpictures.Net Beginners Guide
Old 12-30-2010, 06:07 AM   #131
Soo 6060
EMD > GE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ween View Post
Certainly this can't be true, can it?!? If it's not, that's a mighty harsh accusation to make.
You would certainly be correct.

Quote:
Yes you will. You left and came back and posted, so I know you're reading this. It's too bad. All of this could have been avoided...
Fine, you got me. I just really would like things to just be made right. I have inquired that those shots be removed, I'm sure I'll be banned, etc, but I sure have learned from all this. You all might not believe me, but fine. Like I said before, there are plenty of places to display my photos and obviously this is not the place for me. I'm sorry all this has happened, and it just tears me apart just having all this crap hanging over me. Clean slates are nice to have, but obviously I won't be receiving one of those any time soon.

Again, I appreciate all the help I've gotten from the past year of forum participation. Thanks to those who are understanding. Obviously, there are some of us here who are not.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:12 AM   #132
coborn35

Quote:

I am sitting here with someone who knows Daniel very well, and has even worked with him for a time, and it is very true.
I personally have had a problem with those trying to tell us to turn railroad photography into an "art form." It's fine for them to do so, I welcome it in fact, but what I do have a problem with is that the practitioners of the more "arty" shots, I have found, tend to look down their nose's at others who are shooting more "mundane" shots.
Railroad photography is what you make of it, but one way is not "better" than another, IMHO. Unless you have a pole right thought the nose of the engine! -SG
Old 12-30-2010, 06:16 AM   #133
Soo 6060
EMD > GE

Quote:
Originally Posted by coborn35 View Post
I am sitting here with someone who knows Daniel very well, and has even worked with him for a time, and it is very true.
The River Valley Team. Hmm. Yeah, never met him in real life, not sure how he knows me so well, after a month of internet chat.

You see, there's this one kid Ross. Mention that to "Alex" and he'll probably say that he's a nice kid, whatever. He is, Ross is one of my best friends, but he a) can't keep his mouth shut and b) exadurates things.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:36 AM   #134
ssw9662

Wow, this is easily the most messed up thread I've seen here in quite a while.

Daniel (if you're reading this), I hope that you can truly learn from this and perhaps even come back to become a positive contributor at some point. However, you've had a history of this behavior before so I can't really help but wonder if this same thing is going to happen again at some point down the road. I'm sure most of us don't really care whether you remove your photos, but we really don't want to see more forum drama here. Just accept some responsibility and don't cry about "selective" RP standards and things like that. All of us have had rejected photos that we thought should have made it on, but that doesn't justify faking shots to make them acceptable.
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Canon 50mm f/1.8
My Railpictures.net Photos
flickr
Old 12-30-2010, 06:42 AM   #135
Soo 6060
EMD > GE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssw9662 View Post
Wow, this is easily the most messed up thread I've seen here in quite a while.

Daniel (if you're reading this), I hope that you can truly learn from this and perhaps even come back to become a positive contributor at some point. However, you've had a history of this behavior before so I can't really help but wonder if this same thing is going to happen again at some point down the road. I'm sure most of us don't really care whether you remove your photos, but we really don't want to see more forum drama here. Just accept some responsibility and don't cry about "selective" RP standards and things like that. All of us have had rejected photos that we thought should have made it on, but that doesn't justify faking shots to make them acceptable.
Now THAT is what I want to hear! If people's reactions like this were more common, I'm sure things would go down alot differently. I appreciate your maturaty, as opposed to my lack of such.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:12 AM   #136
Chase55671
RailPictures.Net Crew

Charles,

After reviewing your post, I see what you mean and why posted what you did, which is totally accurate. However, strive was indeed the word I used, I meant pride, which would've been relevant to the sentence. Got mixed up there and can't believe I didn't notice it even after I reread it.

Perhaps a more normal sleeping schedule is in order?

Chase
Old 12-30-2010, 11:32 AM   #137
Greg P

Send a message via AIM to Greg P

There was a guy in New England the railroaders all knew, he climbed up a signal tower to take a picture, and apparently tried to drive an NECR train.

I wonder...
Old 12-30-2010, 01:24 PM   #138
Freericks
Met Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase55671 View Post
Charles,

After reviewing your post, I see what you mean and why posted what you did, which is totally accurate. However, strive was indeed the word I used, I meant pride, which would've been relevant to the sentence. Got mixed up there and can't believe I didn't notice it even after I reread it.

Perhaps a more normal sleeping schedule is in order?

Chase
Makes total sense... as noted... I would normally have just let it go, but the pot calling the kettle black irony was too rich.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:28 PM   #139
Chase55671
RailPictures.Net Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freericks View Post
Makes total sense... as noted... I would normally have just let it go, but the pot calling the kettle black irony was too rich.
Understandable. It's that ObsCar personality comin' out on the RP forums!

Chase
Old 12-30-2010, 02:44 PM   #140
barnstormer

Send a message via Skype™ to barnstormer

Relax. Enjoy.

See my shots on Railpictures
See my shots on RRpicturearchives
Old 12-30-2010, 02:51 PM   #141
IHapsias

Ta-da!

Old 12-31-2010, 12:08 AM   #142
lost bouy

Just rolled across this on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9uCWcYOFoE
Old 12-31-2010, 02:28 AM   #143
Watain
-_-

Send a message via MSN to Watain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP9604 View Post
Alright, well I'll admit that the snow is fake.... I added it so it would get a cloudy/common reject. I heard that if snow isnt falling, it wont get in unless its sunny or good power. It looks nice and white on my monitor though (so somethings wrong with either my eyesight or my monitor...and its not my eyesight!) So, I guess I will have to use better looking fake snow or something....
Wait wut? Ugh...n00b.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy12n View Post
I shot this today in a blizzard in Bradenton, FL

Looks like we're going to have a shortage of Tropicana.

Quote:
Also, to clarify, when The Rat was going after Chase or Wayne (or anybody, for that matter) it was without cause.
Those were the good old days..

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainboysd40 View Post
Heh, the internet is serious business.
Super Cereal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThias View Post
What this thread NOW needs is a billboard added to the mix...

Image © Kevin The Krazy 1
PhotoID: 349904
Photograph © Kevin The Krazy 1

Wow fake snow to billboard shots.. Whats next photoshopping Godzilla into a shot?..Oh wait..

Quote:
BECAUSE RAILPICTURES.NET DOES NOT WANT TO SEE GOOD POWER, SUCH AS STLH UNITS, SP UNITS, SD40-2S, SD60S, BUT THEY WILL TAKE A CLOUDY SHOT OF A GE WIDECAB!!!
Please stop screaming in my head. Thank you.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:09 AM   #144
crazytiger

I think Daniel, you should take a big fat chill pill and move on with life. Take a few months off the forums. Ban yourself! Use Firefox? Just LeachBlock the place for a couple months and come back. You behave well generally but you get fits of insanity whenever anybody contradicts you. I see that taking the place too seriously (faking shots to get good power on) is what caused you the problem. Both the first time, trying too hard and getting upset with the screeners, and this second time, getting upset with the forums. Really think about this and get your head on straight. You can do better. So, take a self imposed leave and come back when you can take it less seriously.

PFL
Old 12-31-2010, 03:42 AM   #145
Soo 6060
EMD > GE

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazytiger View Post
I think Daniel, you should take a big fat chill pill and move on with life. Take a few months off the forums. Ban yourself! Use Firefox? Just LeachBlock the place for a couple months and come back. You behave well generally but you get fits of insanity whenever anybody contradicts you. I see that taking the place too seriously (faking shots to get good power on) is what caused you the problem. Both the first time, trying too hard and getting upset with the screeners, and this second time, getting upset with the forums. Really think about this and get your head on straight. You can do better. So, take a self imposed leave and come back when you can take it less seriously.
We'll see what happens.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:11 AM   #146
Chase55671
RailPictures.Net Crew

Wayne, you're back!

Chase
Old 12-31-2010, 05:19 AM   #147
Mgoldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watain View Post
Wow fake snow to billboard shots.. Whats next photoshopping Godzilla into a shot?
No such luck... the line is officially drawn here, apparently.
Though... the reason for rejection does leave open such a possibility?

/Mitch
Old 12-31-2010, 06:07 AM   #148
jdirelan87

Oh. My. God. Greatest thread ever! BTW, whats worse, fake snow or photoshopping around high sun? You be the judge:

Image ©
PhotoID:
Photograph ©

Troy Nolen - Leading by example
Old 12-31-2010, 06:18 AM   #149
Chase55671
RailPictures.Net Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdirelan87 View Post
Oh. My. God. Greatest thread ever! BTW, whats worse, fake snow or photoshopping around high sun? You be the judge:

Image ©
PhotoID:
Photograph ©

I noticed that when it was first accepted! I was amused by the fact the grab iron shadows were going a different direction than the shadows casted by the CPL's.

Chase
Old 12-31-2010, 06:43 AM   #150
Ween

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdirelan87 View Post

Image ©
PhotoID:
Photograph ©

FAIL.